Photo
- - - - -

1st Piracatem experience...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:34 AM

I got some pharma grade (UCB from Spain) Piracatem several days ago because I was too curious to not try it. I took ten 800 mg tablets with choline and hydergine. About 1 hour later, I took 5 more Piracatem. I wanted to get an "attack" dose to have a breakthrough my first time so subsequent doses could be lower. But I never acheived effects that were very remarkable, just very mild stuff. I did have a pounding headache at the end of the night. ANy thoughts?

PS-- 20 years old, no drugs other than the ones above, if this makes any difference

#2 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 05:57 AM

its safe as hell but you simply took too much

the effects are subtle and more appreciative overtime

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:35 PM

Piracetam has a bell shaped dose responce. You went way over the bell. Also the headache you had was based on a cholinerginic responce most likely. What was your choline source? Alpha GPC and CDP choline are much better sources than lecithin and the salts (choline bitartrate and choline chloride).

4800 mg divided up into two or three doses per day is the most commonly prescribed dosage. Also, don't look for a "oh my god! I am so smart now I can formulate the unifying equation for all things" pill. Continue to dose out piracetam at the above level and supplement it with a high grade choline source that will penetrate the blood brain barrier.

Cheers!

#4 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:56 PM

I got some pharma grade (UCB from Spain) Piracatem several days ago because I was too curious to not try it. I took ten 800 mg tablets with choline and hydergine. About 1 hour later, I took 5 more Piracatem. I wanted to get an "attack" dose to have a breakthrough my first time so subsequent doses could be lower. But I never acheived effects that were very remarkable, just very mild stuff. I did have a pounding headache at the end of the night. ANy thoughts?

When taking a new nootropic for the first time take it by itself not with other nootropics (really bad idea). Choline is fine as long as you don't take too much depending on the form. Try taking either 1.6G every 1-2 hours until you've seen a difference or have taken 9.6 grams at the most or try 4 tablets ever hour for 4 hours.

#5 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 03:31 AM

Piracetam has a bell shaped dose responce.  You went way over the bell.  Also the headache you had was based on a cholinerginic responce most likely.  What was your choline source?  Alpha GPC and CDP choline are much better sources than lecithin and the salts (choline bitartrate and choline chloride).

4800 mg divided up into two or three doses per day is the most commonly prescribed dosage.  Also, don't look for a "oh my god!  I am so smart now I can formulate the unifying equation for all things" pill.  Continue to dose out piracetam at the above level and supplement it with a high grade choline source that will penetrate the blood brain barrier.

Cheers!

Well getting no response at all is certainly frustrating; that kind of reminds me of the way I get treated a lot by some people I care a lot about that I think I am quite patient with. Getting no explicit response is annoying, and if you consider yourself sensitive that might be so frustrating that one might even consider switching to another 'racetam.

These threads are not quite ready for public viewing yet (I have not made the conclusions enticing enough visually for it to appear interesting); but for now you can "take a look" at aniracetam, oxiracetam, and (even though it is unavailable right now in economical pharma grade powder form, the most potent yet least researched 'racetam on a mg/kg basis); pramiracetam.

I wouldn't recommend this route right away though; try listening to lemon's advice for now, but if you continue getting no response from piracetam then consider, "taking a look" at the other 'racetams; and I guess for now, because you have yet to try these three, that means at least you have options if piracetam (which is certainly the most researched nootropic I currently know of) ultimately proves to be ineffective.

[thumb]

Edited by nootropi, 26 January 2005 - 03:56 AM.

#6 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 08:32 AM

Piracetam is not a "light-switch" drug. Like LSD or maryjane.

It's more of a cumulative drug. Like Motrin.

And it's kind of like a supercharger for an engine:

If you start with a big late-'70s Trans-Am engine, and add a supercharger, the supercharger adds more horsepower than if you started with, say, a lawn mower engine and added a supercharger.

And nootropi is right: Give aniracetam a shot if piracetam doesn't do the job. Just don't take as much, for chrissakes.

#7 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 02:28 PM

Piracetam is not a "light-switch" drug.  Like LSD or maryjane.

It's more of a cumulative drug.  Like Motrin.

If you start with a big late-'70s Trans-Am engine, and add a supercharger, the supercharger adds more horsepower than if you started with, say, a lawn mower engine and added a supercharger.

And nootropi is right:  Give aniracetam a shot if piracetam doesn't do the job.  Just don't take as much, for chrissakes.

The current batch of piracetam I have has not been tested for metals yet, so I know nothing of its purity. Why invest so much stock in piracetam if you don't even know it is pure?

Edited by nootropi, 26 January 2005 - 03:03 PM.

#8 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 09:10 PM

Piracetam is not a "light-switch" drug.  Like LSD or maryjane.

It's more of a cumulative drug.  Like Motrin.

And nootropi is right:  Give aniracetam a shot if piracetam doesn't do the job.  Just don't take as much, for chrissakes.

The current batch of piracetam I have has not been tested for metals yet, so I know nothing of its purity. Why invest so much stock in piracetam if you don't even know it is pure?

Honestly I dont think people care as much as you do. I know I dont.

#9 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 09:34 PM

Geez, thanks for sharing.

It is individuals such as yourself with the intellectual caliber of an ape that has been further damaged by being exposed to high doses of heavy metals that is all the more motivation for the rest of us sensible, intelligent members of this forum to demand that our supplements are screened for AT LEAST heavy metals and melting point by a third party laboratory BEFORE ingesting them.

Hey: ape-con man: Posted Image

Do you like this picture I took of you? Do you want doubles or triples to show your ape-girlfriends?

I am impressed with your ape-con man logic: but those of us who have evolved above the primate state are not so ignorant as to send cash or blank money orders to your rip off pramiracetam con-scheme. :)

#10 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:07 AM

You are one immature little boy.

Notice you always 1st go for personal attacks (and big red color font with pictures)

Con-man? Several ppl from this board have already recieved product from my friend and Im not hearing anything but good things.

Everybody's a tough guy behind a computer screen [wis]

#11 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:28 AM

Anybody can get a paypal account for free. Only a scammer would ask for cash only and blank money orders! Common sense!

#12 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:37 AM

Anybody can get a paypal account for free.  Only a scammer would ask for cash only and blank money orders!  Common sense!

WRONG if you knew the bodybuilding industry you would know why its a cash only site.

It PROTECTS buyers of grey area bodybuilding supplements. Cash + no paper trail.

Do you realize how many rights we lost after 9/11, the Patriot Act and so on and so forth.

Feds can, will, and have illegally search and seized many innocent people who's only crime is to better them selves physically.

When you are part of a forum that is a tight knit of lifters that have been in the game for years a certain amount of trust is a given. Hell these people were at my wedding. You cannot scam someone on forums without people looking out for each other. A person who has time and time again, come though, even allowed payment AFTER product was recieved is IMO trustworthy for sending cash only. In fact I wish thats what I could use for every purchase.

Fuck the feds

#13 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:59 AM

Geez, thanks for sharing.

It is individuals such as yourself with the intellectual caliber of an ape that has been further damaged by being exposed to high doses of heavy metals that is all the more motivation for the rest of us sensible, intelligent members of this forum to demand that our supplements are screened for AT LEAST heavy metals and melting point by a third party laboratory BEFORE ingesting them.

I am impressed with your ape-con man logic: but those of us who have evolved above the primate state are not so ignorant as to send cash or blank money orders to your rip off pramiracetam con-scheme. :)

#14 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:15 AM

Again you show your inability to retort to a statement without using personal insults.

#15 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:52 AM

Again you show your inability to retort to a statement without using personal insults.

The site works just fine now and has for some time (I've run across it several times in other contexts over the last 6 months).

The questions I have are:

1. That site is listed as your "home page" on your avant profile so what exactly is your rerlationship with the people who run that site? and

2. Why "Payment is in cash or BLANK!!! Money Order"

#16 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 04:00 AM

Adam,

He's right about the cash--I don't have the mentality of someone....being concerned about being caught.

#17 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 04:16 AM

Adam,

He's right about the cash--I don't have the mentality of someone....being concerned about being caught.

Scott;

You REALLY need to learn to keep a straight story! First you are a doctor. Then I proved that you are not. Second, you say you are concerned about the CASH payments only. Then you say you are not.

Get it together, and stop waffling! [sfty]

Oh yeah...and THANKS for sharing...your...well...truths... [thumb]

#18 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:01 AM

Quite easy to see, that unlike you, he "gets it."

#19 engicream

• 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:29 AM

Anybody can get a paypal account for free.  Only a scammer would ask for cash only and blank money orders!  Common sense!

yeah, 'cause nobody has ever been scammed using paypal.........I guess ignorance really is bliss (uh oh, I think I just opened the door for a good comeback from nootropi).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 Pablo M

• Topic Starter
  • 636 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 01:51 AM

Ha... you guys are hilarious. Today I took a couple 800 mg P'tems in the morning w/ 1 aniracatem and 2 more p'te, in the afternoon and got a much better effect. Fuck, that first time I thought I was going to die my head hurt so bad. Well, live and learn.

Thanks a lot guys.

BTW, the guys from nubrain are really nice. My friend Brian, who paid with his credit card, got a call to confirm the order. Brian said, "My friend said he couldn't find this stuff in the vitamin stores in Canada." Guy from nubrain: "[chuckle] Yeah, I bet he couldn't." Truly kings among men.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users