Resveratrol and my blood test results

Resveratrol blood test polydatin

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:38 PM

Wife and I daily doses of Resveratrol and Polydatin for many years.
1,500 mg 98% or 99% Resveratrol PLUS 25 mg Polydatin everyday AM.
My wife's BT results will be mailed from our MD in a couple days.
Here are my new blood test results:

http://www.fotoshack...45445img005.jpg

http://www.fotoshack...5445img005.jpg

#2 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:44 PM

I wonder what you want to tell with this results? - Unless there is a story to it?

However, would make sense if you also posted results before any supplementation.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 bixbyte

• Topic Starter
  • 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

I wonder what you want to tell with this results? - Unless there is a story to it?

However, would make sense if you also posted results before any supplementation.

The Resveratrol has appeared to help me turn into an athlete.

Here are part of my Blood test results from Four Years Ago:

2007:

http://www.fotoshack...83931img001.jpg

Any other questions?

Edited by bixbyte, 26 September 2011 - 01:04 AM.

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:43 AM

Any other questions?

Well, I see your glucose is in range now, and your triglycerides are better. That might be res, plus or minus diet and exercise...

How is your athleticism manifest?

#5 bixbyte

• Topic Starter
  • 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:11 AM

Any other questions?

Well, I see your glucose is in range now, and your triglycerides are better. That might be res, plus or minus diet and exercise...

How is your athleticism manifest?

My younger brother died 4 years and 8 months ago.
Over 4 years now, I did the Res mouse on the treadmill outside the cage experiment.
I feel like I developed the heart of an athlete.
My heart numbers were shitty all my life.
Now, that I am old, OMG!

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:26 AM

Sorry to hear about your brother, bix. I'm glad that you are feeling healthy now!

#7 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:12 AM

I feel like I developed the heart of an athlete.
My heart numbers were shitty all my life.
Now, that I am old, OMG!

Thanks, that explains. Because even the drop in triglycerides and glucose I would rather associate with less carbs and/or more physical activity (by the way, via this route you could still get much much better numbers, without the high price of the supplements you take ;) )

However, to be able to feel the heart of an athlete you must have become more enabled to be active first, to which your supplementation may indeed have substantially contributed to.

#8 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:30 PM

Here are part of my Blood test results from Four Years Ago:

2007:

Any other questions?

You just provided more proof than 95% of the posters here. I think a 17 point drop in glucose is very good. I had a lower drop, and I don't feel like I am an athlete, but I feel, don't know for sure why, much better. So I am satisfied that my supplement money is well spent..
  • like x 2

#9 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:36 AM

Thyroid panel may indicate need for D3 and K2.

#10 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

Sorry, I do not understand the point made here: what should we look at in particular in blood test wrt resveratrol effect? Glucose? Triglycerides? Or something else specifically?

I have a 15 historics and can check back since I start supplementing. People on this board have likely a healthier lifestyle and eat relatively well hence I guess it is difficult to isolate a specific positive effect. I understand than sirtuins activation effects and longevity are quite controversial hence I am asking why continuing supplementing. Actually (but this can be a pure coincidence) I recently developed a mild tendinitis and read anecdotal reports of it as a possible side effect of resveratrol supplementation.

Thank you for your comments !

#11 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:06 AM

I definitely notice increase muscular tightness, pain and discomfort in my upper back, neck and jaw when on resv. The upper back will crack and pop a lot more when I stretch. Everytime I periodically discontinue Resv these issues improve drastically. The noticeable improvement in athleticism I notice with Resv supplementation makes this tradeoff justifiable in my mind.

#12 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:02 PM

I definitely notice increase muscular tightness, pain and discomfort in my upper back, neck and jaw when on resv. The upper back will crack and pop a lot more when I stretch. Everytime I periodically discontinue Resv these issues improve drastically. The noticeable improvement in athleticism I notice with Resv supplementation makes this tradeoff justifiable in my mind.

Do you know your 25-hydroxy D status? If you supplement with D3, how much do you take?

#13 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:04 AM

I don't know my 25-OHD3 status, but I have been consistently supplementing d3 for about 2 years now at approx 5000ius per day in gelcap form, and I'm cognisant of the remarks made on this forum about joint pain dissipating for some people when d3 supplementation was introduced. I should probably get it checked out to make sure it's ok.

#14 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:24 AM

I don't know my 25-OHD3 status, but I have been consistently supplementing d3 for about 2 years now at approx 5000ius per day in gelcap form, and I'm cognisant of the remarks made on this forum about joint pain dissipating for some people when d3 supplementation was introduced. I should probably get it checked out to make sure it's ok.

How much resveratrol do you take? In the morning I assume? Any other phytochemicals? K2 as MR4 or MK7?

#15 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

About 750mg micronized revgen powder in the morning only. Also supplementing other phytochemicals, e.g. silymarin, green tea, curcumin, pterostilbene, blueberry extract, sometimes soy isoflavones, PQQ, ginger, cayenne, grape seed extract, pycnogenol, cat's claw. Occasionally polydatin, cinnamon.

For VitK, I take one tab slightly less frequently than one per day which has a combo of all forms k1 (1000 mcg), Mk4 (1000 mcg), Mk7 (100 mcg)

Edited by hamishm00, 06 October 2011 - 08:33 AM.

#16 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

Too many variables. Starting from the end of your list, I would eliminate one at a time might to isolate effects. FWIW, too many such things tend to cancel out. A few phytochemicals are synergistic to each other.

I have good effects from luteolin with resveratrol. Am experimenting adding curcumin.

(I wonder: would it be possible to design a mix of phytochemicals and other supplements that would replicate the gene expression pattern seen with caloric restriction?)

#17 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

That's good advice and not long ago I eliminated many of those from the daily regime (they are now 'occasionals') - regulars are now Benagene, curcumin, resveratrol and silymarin. Also Alcar during the day, melatonin at night.

#18 bixbyte

• Topic Starter
  • 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

No tendinitis and I am running 3.5 miles on the Treadmill every other day.
My wife is clocking 4.2 miles and she had bad knees all her life.
AM:
1,500 mg 98 or 99% RESVERATROL
25 mg Polydatin
First I take 20 mg Piperine then wait a couple minutes to dose.

PM:
Vitamin K and Vitamin D

Documented on this Board We are Supplementing with RES for years.
YOUR Tendinitis might be from over exertion.
I have turned into an old athlete.
Outrunning most of the young adults except the muscular athletes.
BUT my wife or I do not display any muscles.
Except my wife developed big thick ugly looking muscles around her bad knees.
The young muscular type athletes can out run me.
My heart rate is low even under a full out sweating run. 90 to 128 HR.
  • like x 2

#19 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

Thank you bixbyte, for your comment. I am also using K and D but much lower resveratrol based on a known study on positive gene expression and simulation of CR using low doses. Unfortunately I understand the all CR mimetics (hence longevity extension) is controversial.

#20 debu

• 108 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

Supplemented that exact amount of D3 for a year and a half, almost didn't get my D3 levels checked out because of that. Guess where they were at? "12" I've upped the D3 and the joint pain in my finger I experienced with Resveratrol is going away. Also, Alcar and Res mixed make me massively tense in the jaw and lower back.

#21 bixbyte

• Topic Starter
  • 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:24 PM

This is my new Blood Tests results 5-19-2011Posted Image

Edited by bixbyte, 07 October 2011 - 10:25 PM.

#22 bixbyte

• Topic Starter
  • 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

This is my new Blood Tests results 5-19-2011Posted Image

MY OLD BLOOD TEST RESULTS (HIGH GLUCOSE and BAD LIPID PROFILE) 6-12-2007:
Posted Image

Edited by bixbyte, 07 October 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#23 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for posting your blood test results.

#24 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:02 AM

supplementing d3 for about 2 years now at approx 5000ius per day.

Supplemented that exact amount of D3 for a year and a half, almost didn't get my D3 levels checked out because of that. Guess where they were at? "12"

12 ng/ml? Was that by any chance a dry tablet formulation of D3? What brand was it? That's an extreme level of non-response. Lab error?

#25 bixbyte

• Topic Starter
  • 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

Posted Image

HERE ARE MY WIFE'S Blood Test Results.
Supplementing with
1,500 Milligrams of 99% Res, 25 Milligrams Polydatin and 20 Milligrams Black Pepper Extract
every morning.

We have both added a little buccal delivery by leaving the Res in our mouths for a couple minutes.

http://www.fotoshack...TestResults.jpg

Her tests results are Fantastic.

Edited by bixbyte, 14 December 2011 - 10:29 PM.

#26 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:13 AM

These are not blood stats I would be all that proud of. Trigs way high. HDL far too low. Under these conditions, I strongly suspect you LDL is high in Lp(a) and other unhealthy small-particle LDLs.

If my blood stats ever came back in this shape, I'd definitely go back to the drawing board pronto.

Edited by DukeNukem, 15 December 2011 - 12:16 AM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#27 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

HDL may be low by Duke's strict standards, but total cholesterol is also low, so as a percentage HDL is higher than the absolute number says, In that HDL is an indirect measure of scavenging activity of fat from artery walls, what this means would depend on what deposits if any there are to scavenge.

Triglycerides are well within normal range by standard reference, but again by Duke's standards are too high. Much would depend on the size and nature of the particles, whether they convert to low density cholesterol, the presence and number of foam cells that deposit lipids in arteries. etc.

The size of the VLDL cholesterol particles is a data point I would want to see. If it is relatively large, I'd say Bix probably has little to worry about. Otherwise, it's hard to say except that by the measure of conventional medical wisdom, the numbers are good.

#28 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

Thanks for posting your results as well. I wish had had some real numbers to post other than my anecdotal evidence. :happy:

#29 bixbyte

• Topic Starter
  • 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

These are not blood stats I would be all that proud of. Trigs way high. HDL far too low. Under these conditions, I strongly suspect you LDL is high in Lp(a) and other unhealthy small-particle LDLs.

If my blood stats ever came back in this shape, I'd definitely go back to the drawing board pronto.

Print my wifes blood test results out and show them to your doctor:

http://www.fotoshack...TestResults.jpg

Then we can talk.

Posted Image

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:01 AM

Why do we expect resveratrol to have an effect on lipid profile? It might lower blood glucose, and maybe that would bring triglycerides down... I don't know. Is there a real rationale here, or are we just looking at lipids because that's what we have numbers for?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resveratrol, blood test, polydatin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users