My regimen

nutropics anti aging regimen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gregcc

• 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

Hi there,

Am trying to quit smoking and couldn't think of a better way to spend the new savings than on supplements for my health. So have been browsing around and trying to find a mix of supplements and this is the list i have come up with
Just a bit of info about me first

Am 23 and am on my feet all day preparing food been feeling a bit ill lately, could be the weather and have been losing a bit of my hair.

So am taking propecia as a prescription medication to fight this would love to drop this but scared of the effects of doing so.

Well heres the list of supplements i have purchased.. i've worked out the monthly prices of each supplement that i bought if anybody was interested.. and that the grand total worked out to $188 per month which is more or less the same as my smoking costs.

I also take 2g piracetim a day and am planning on buying aniracetim (or something else any suggestions?)

Mind Sharp Formula
Cat's Claw 350 mg
GP Horse Chestnut Extract (Aesculus hippocastanum) 140 mg
Ginkgo Biloba Extract (standardized to 24% ginkgo flavoglycosides and 6% terpene lactones)(leaf) 60mg
Dopa Bean Extract (Macuna pruriens) (standardized to 20% catecholamines, 4mg, and 10% L-dopa, 2 mg)(bean) 20 mg
SerinAid® (standardized to 50% phosphatidylserine) 10 mg
Vinpocetine 3 mg
Huperzine A (from Chinese Moss)(Huperzia serrata) 10 mcg *
$4.695 per month
Choline and inositol
Choline (as choline bitartrate) 250 mg *
Inositol 250 mg
$1.737 per month

Omega 3 EPA & DHA fish oil
Purified Fish Oil (molecularly distilled)Omega-3 Fatty Acids 2126 mg *
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 800 mg *
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) 400 mg
$5.795 per month

Natural GH Formula
Contains
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 50 mg Niacin (as inositol hexanicotinate) 25 mg Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl) 25 mg
L-Arginine 750 mg *
L-Glutamine 250 mg *
L-Glycine 250 mg *
L-Ornithine (HCl) 250 mg *
L-Lysine (HCl) 125 mg *
OKG (L-ornithine alpha ketoglutarate) 125 mg *
$6.745 per month

Sam-E (enteric coated)
S-Adenosyl Methionine (from 800 mg of SAM-e tosylate disulfate)400 mg*
$15.99 per month

Multi Vit
Vitamin A (100% as natural beta-carotene) Betatene®5000 IU100%
Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate complex) Advan-C®100 mg167%
Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)2000 IU500%
Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl succinate)30 IU100%
Vitamin K1 (as phytonadione)300 mcg375%
Thiamin (B1 as thiamine HCl)10 mg667%
Riboflavin (B2)10 mg588%
Niacin (B3 as niacinamide)20 mg100%
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)10 mg500%
Folic Acid (as folacin)800 mcg200%
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)100 mcg1,667%
Biotin500 mcg167%
Pantothenic Acid (B5 as calcium pantothenate)10 mg100%
Calcium (as calcium ascorbate complex) Advan-C®10 mg1%
Iodine (as potassium iodide)150 mcg100%
Zinc (as l-methionine) L-OptiZinc®15 mg100%
Selenium (as l-selenomethionine) Selenium SeLECT®200 mcg286%
Copper (as copper glycinate chelate)500 mcg25%
Manganese (as manganese glycinate chelate)2 mg100%
Chromium (as chromium poicolinate) ChromeMate®200 mcg167%
Molybdenum (as amino acid chelate)75 mcg100%
Alpha-Lipoic Acid100 mg*
Coenzyme Q10 (ubiquinone) naturally fermented100 mg*
Green Tea Extract (standardized to 98% polyphenols, 80% catechins,50% EGCG) (leaves)100 mg*
Quercetin (bioflavonoid)50 mg*
Grape Seed Extract (standardized to > 85% proanthocyanidins)(seed) ActiVin®25 mg*
Red Wine Extract (standardized to 30% polyphenols)25 mg*
Resveratrol (from 20 mg polygonum cuspidatum extract standardized to 50% resveratrol)(rhizome) ResveraPure®10 mg*
Lutein (Tagetes erecta)(from Lutemax® lutein extract)(marigold flower)6 mg*
Black Pepper Extract (Piper nigrum)(fruit) Bioperine®5 mg*
Zeaxanthin (Tagetes erecta) (from lutein extract)(marigold flower) Lutemax®300 mcg*
Natural Mixed Carotenoids (alpha-carotene, cryptoxanthin, zeaxanthin, lutein) Betatene®175 mcg*
$10 per month

Resveratol
Japanese Knotweed Extract(Polygonum cuspidatum)(root)(standardized to 50% trans-resveratrol, 37.5 mg) ResveraPure® 75 mg *
Grape Seed Extract (standardized to >85% polyphenolics) ActiVin® 50 mg *
Red Wine Extract (standardized to 30% polyphenols)(skin and seed) 25 mg
$2.92 per month

BioCell Collagen II 500 mg *
Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II 300 mg *
Chondroitin Sulfate 100 mg *
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) 50 mg
$8.75 per month

Acetyl L-Carnitine (HCl)500 mg*
3$ per month

Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) (standardized to 95% curcuminoids)(rhizome) Curcumin C3 Complex® 1160 mg*
Curcuminoids 1100 mg
Black Pepper Extract (piper nigrum) (standardized to 95% peperine)(fruit) Bioperine® 5 mg*
$13.35 per month

Fo-Ti (Polygonum multiflorum) (root) 1220 mg*
$2.574 per month

Natural Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 400IU 1,333%
$1.4988 per month

Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica)(leaves) 950 mg*
$1.78 per month

calcium magnesium
Calcium (as calcium hydroxyapatite, citrate, aspartate, alpha-ketoglutarate, lysinate) 1100 mg 110%
Phosphorus (as calcium hydroxyapatite) 500 mg 50%
Magnesium (as magnesium oxide, citrate, taurinate, alpha-ketoglutarate, aspartate) 500 mg 125%

hair skin and nails
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl) 3 mg 150%
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) 700 mg *
Silica (from bamboo extract) (Bambusa vulgaris)(stems) 20 mg *
L-Cysteine (as l-cysteine HCl) 100 mg *
L-Cystine (as l-cystine base) 100 mg *
Choline (as choline bitartrate) 50 mg *
Inositol 25 mg *
PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) 25 mg *
$1.87 per month

Livlong formula
Telomerase Booster
85$

Lion's mane
Lion's Mane Fruit Body (Hericium erinaceus) 520 mg *
Maitake Mushroom Standardized Extract TD-fraction (10% active proteoglucan) 100 mg *
Reishi Fruit Body (Ganoderma lucidum) 80 mg *
Vitamin C 80 mg 133%
Bioperine® (from Piper nigrum) 5 mg *
17$ per month

Bacopa
Calcium 119 mg 10%
Bacopa Whole Plant Extract (20% bacosides A+B) 450 mg *
$3.955 per month

I dont expect any of you to go through this horde list but i've included what im paying monthly for each of these and expect to receive them within the week so will update how a smoker with no supplementation and the difference in quality of life over the next few months.

Any insight into my regimen is highly desired (especially regarding doses) and would love to hear some of your own feedbacks from some of the ingredients i've listed.

Am i missing something i should obviously be taking but am not aware of?

Well anyways wish me luck on my experimentation on supplementation, figured i'd go all out if i wanted to give it a shot.

Edited by gregcc, 19 January 2012 - 05:14 AM.

#2 gregcc

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:55 AM

*Saved for Updates

Edited by gregcc, 19 January 2012 - 05:15 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 hippocampus

• 736 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

first you should change your diet and lifestyle. than you should use cron-o-meter for a month and you should supplement only what you really need. i think it would be better that you spend more money on more healthy food than cheap supplements (like that multi).
and supplemental forms aren't always better, e.g. you could eat ground turmeric with pepper, you don't need extract unless you have cancer or any other serious disease.
buy better form of vitamin E (check the forum) or eat more healthy (hazelnuts, almonds).
why do you need calcium and phosphorus? brewer's yeast is a good source of phosphorus and b-vitamins.
also: rhodiola rosea might be good for withdrawal symptoms.

#4 gregcc

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

Thanks for the reply hippocampus.. i agree about the lifestyle and plan to change jobs soon to allow me to not be on my feet all day but i guess this keeps me fit for the time being.. i read into the differences on vitamin e and was wondering if i should consider not taking this vitamin e at all as from the sounds of it. Would there be harm in taking vitamin e as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate or should i just chuck this lot straight in the trash?

Well i started my regimen on 27/01/2012.. i had come down with a cold the day prior... still have the cold and now what seems to be an ear infection with another 11 hour shift of work tonight .. fun fun! ;)

My smoking cessation has been harder than initially planned with a roommate who smokes as well and my work environment so i very well may buy some of the rhodiola rosea.. has anybody else had something that did the trick for them?

The Cron-o-meter looks useful indeed.. i will start it soon to see if i am over supplementing. Thanks for that!

Are there any views on arginine and glutamine?? As i've read differing views on the two.

Though possibly placebo effect due to being on these supplements for 4 days to say i have noticed my skin feels softer: probably due to the hyaluronic acid with the collagen.

Hard to find this information due to the sheer volume but am unaware of which supplements should be taken together or seperately... with the exception of the Cycloastrogenol and the inhibitors such as my multi vit , vit e, resv.. which leads to the best method for consuming cycloastrogenol.. i have read differing views saying 5 hours apart is fine.. a 2 week wash .. taking NAC.. What's been 'proven' to work? I'll stick to that than risk assumptions.

Well in summary.. not much has changed besides skin but it has been day 4.

#5 hippocampus

• 736 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

additional rules of supplementing
- don't expect quick results.
- add only one supplement (or if you make any other major change in diet/lifestyle etc.) at a time and use it for at least few weeks to see if there is any difference. Do blood or other tests if possible (you should start with checking vitamin D and see if you need supplementation or if you need to change the dose).
- for every question first use google (for example, "rhodiola rosea site:longecity.org").
I don't think there will be any harm if you just finish this bottle of vitamin E, but next time you should buy something better.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#6 Gediminas Jesinas

• 57 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 04:53 PM

What dosages of gotu kola have to be taken for telomere lengthening and antiaging?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users