Full body transplant and stem cells role

transplant full body transplant brain transplant

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 visual

• 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

Hello there,
I was wondering if anybody can help me with this.
Let's suppose that as today we had all the advanced technologies to perform a full body transplant, I have a few questions on how to manage the actual transplant and the aftermath. Here I am assuming that during the operation the body temperature is significantly lowered and that after the head is severed we can somehow maintain the blood pressure and chemistry intact
1) what would a patient need to do in order to get ready for such an operation? What's the preparatory work to be done and how long for?
2)From what I know (please bear in mind I don't have any sound medical background) one of the main problems about having such a transplant is to join the severed spinal cord of the patient's head to the donor's body without damaging the central nervous system. Providing that the surgeon manages to join all the veins and nerves correctly could that be safely done with adult stem cells coming from the donor's body?
4)How do you go about joining the vertebral column?
Suppose the operation is successful:
5) Is there a quick way to help the wound around the neck to heal quicker? I don't know a laser or something? If soy how long should a patient be bed-ridden before he can get up and get back to a normal life?
6)what are the post operation do's and dont's?
7)what medications, if any, does the patient need to take and for how long?
thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transplant, full body transplant, brain transplant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users