Photo

PhD studentship in ageing (UK)

career

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jpnitya

• 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

Our Integrative Genomics of Ageing Group at the University of Liverpool in the UK is accepting applications for a PhD studentship available for start in the autumn of 2012.

We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious student with overlapping research interests to ours. Our work is broadly focused on the biology and genetics of ageing and combines traditional molecular biology and biochemistry methods, in particular using cell models including stem cells, with modern genomics and bioinformatics techniques. Projects can thus be computational or experimental. Among other projects, our group studies how the genome regulates the process of ageing to try to understand how subtle genetic differences give rise to large differences in longevity, both between individuals and among species. Our methods can be equally applied to study the genomics of complex age-related diseases, such as cancer and neurodegenerative diseases. We are also studying the naked mole-rat, a rodent that lives seven times longer than mice and is extraordinary resistant to cancer. The choice of projects is, however, flexible and tailored to the interests and abilities of the student. The quality of the student is, in fact, more important than his/her background or area of interest.

More details about our research are available at:
http://pcwww.liv.ac.uk/~aging/

This studentship is in competition for funding with others at our institution. The funding is only available to UK citizens and residents. Non-UK students interested in our group's work, however, are encouraged to contact us as it may be possible to apply for personal fellowships. Self-funded students are also invited to apply.

Potentially interested students are welcome to contact me for an informal discussion:
http://pcwww.liv.ac....ng/contact.html

Thanks so much,
Joao Pedro
  • like x 2

#2 amarjeet singh

• 10 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

i am not phd student but i am intrstedd in this i am reserching on it from las two years

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: career

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users