Photo
- - - - -

ALCAR smells funny

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 soheil

• 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 10:45 PM

I've had some ALCAR enclosed in double zip-lock bags in my (usually dark) pantry at around 75º F. It has been there for about 6 months or so. Now, I am capping it and it is clumpy, and smells nauseating. Is it bad for conspumption, or is this just how it always smells?

#2 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:13 PM

myeah it has a smell. Cant define it, but you can probably just take it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 velocidex

• 75 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 01:51 AM

My ALCAR from Musashi in Australia smells kinda like vinegar.

The clumpiness is from it being hydroscopic.

#4 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 02:12 AM

The vinegar smell is some of the ALCAR deacetylating, leaving carnitine and acetic acid. In the body some will deacetylate and reacetylate anyway, so it is not a big deal.

#5 jonathan2111

• 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:11 AM

Mine smells real strong and I thought it was just how that chemical smells. However, I'm sure it has been getting stronger lately - when I bought it from SMI2LE a couple of months ago it wasn't too bad.
Since I have a big bag of it and don't want to trash it I am going to start keeping it in the refrigerator. Presumably that will slow down the decay?
Most such processes slow down if the tempreature is reduced.

Jonathan [mellow]

#6 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:18 AM

refrigerator > watch out for, ehmz what is the english word for that.. getting a bit wet....( i dont know the exact english word for that )

#7 elevated

• 30 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:35 AM

Should smell like vinegar, just mix it with some Piracetam and it will taste just fine.

No kidding when I say I like the "bite" of piracetam, I could drink it all day, of course the "ghosting" would be too much. I already see strange things once in a while throughout the day, like hidden people [:o]

Try taking 200 mcg of Hup A and you will enter the world of ghosting, I actually like it.

"I see things, make it stop!!!!!!!!!" ;)

#8 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:50 AM

I see things too, but in my case it's a purple spot in the middle of my view :(

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 wraith

• 182 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:07 AM

Should smell like vinegar, just mix it with some Piracetam and it will taste just fine.

No kidding when I say I like the "bite" of piracetam, I could drink it all day, of course the "ghosting" would be too much. I already see strange things once in a while throughout the day, like hidden people [:o]

Try taking 200 mcg of Hup A and you will enter the world of ghosting, I actually like it.

Well, I was considering trying piracetam... but my goal is not to start seeing things that aren't really there. Please explain to me how this could possibly be a beneficial experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users