Photo
- - - - -

Nootropics, benefits and side effects?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 calli

• 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 06:26 PM

Hi, I have been trying some nootropics, on and off, for about a year or so now.

Occasionally I get some bad headaches from taking a combination of them, and am a little uncertain what is causing it. (Very small amounts of each)

(What I am looking for is simply long term benefits, and the best rejuvination of short term memory and cognitive enchancement possible, without causing harm to my stomach, or having any unpleasant side effects)

Here is a list of what I have right now:

Centrophenoxine 250mg
Piracetam 800mg
Vinpocetine 20mg
Aniracetam 400mg
Huperzine A 50 mcg
CDP Choline 200mg
Depreynl 5mg (once a week)
Hydergine 4.5mg

(+ Super Nutrition "Perfect Blend", for Vitamins and basics..)

Anything in this list I should not take, or take less of?
Thanks for any advice.
  • like x 1

#2 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 06:31 PM

I would add ALCAR and R-ALA. You probably should bump up the choline to 500-1000 mg/day and Piracetam up to 1600+/day. You'll have to experiment.

I would definitely include a good broad spectrum multi-vite and some fish oil.

Regarding the deprenyl, I think you are better off splitting the tab up and taking 1.25 4x/week rather than 5 all at once.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:45 AM

Add some vitamin c e.g. at least 500 mg twice a day to Lynx's multi and fish oil (if there is not that much in...Perfect Blend)

#4 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:00 AM

Add some vitamin c e.g. at least 500 mg twice a day to Lynx's multi and fish oil (if there is not that much in...Perfect Blend)

Wow Scott, I didn't even see that he was already taking a multi. Oops. Calli, you can obviously disregard the redundant multi suggestion.

#5 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:51 PM

But what about the headaches? I get them too. Is it too much acetylcholine, as I have read some places? Or not enough? Not enough choline?

I would really appreciate any response, as it makes otherwise awesome substances a bit irritating.

#6 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 01:20 AM

Headaches from what?

#7 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 01:58 AM

"But what about the headaches?"

Are you taking racetams without enough choline?

Aha I'll bet so:

dantecubit Posted: Feb 13, 2005

I'd recommend piracatem, too. I didn't like it at first but it's growing on me now. I love it. I also take hydergine and aniracatem. Hydergine is awesome in it's own way, more subtle than p'tem.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 11:10 AM

benefits and side effects?

benefits :

better mood
better social skills
clear mind, no distracting thoughts
mental energy
i watch people, observe them in any situation, can be distracting, but in the case of a cut woman i dont mind

side's

some sort of lethargy in the evening, but maybe it's just the feeling i normally had during the day when not using nootropics ;) I dunno

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users