• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Iran girl gets 100 lashes for sex

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 advancedatheist

• 1,419 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:21 PM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ast/4295111.stm

Last Updated: Thursday, 24 February, 2005, 17:03 GMT

Iran girl gets 100 lashes for sex

A teenage girl and two young men in Iran have been sentenced to lashes for having sex.

The court dismissed the girl's claim that we was raped. It said she had sex of her own free will, the official Iran Daily newspaper reported.

The girl was sentenced to 100 lashes because her accusations of rape and kidnap could have landed her partners a death penalty, the Tehran judge said.

#2 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:07 PM

She lied about being raped. She should be put to death instead of getting lashed.

#3 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:23 PM

Jusin,
Should she be put to death because of lying?! What are you nuts? although getting lashed isn't the most unprimitive punishment...

Yours
~Infernity

#4 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:47 PM

Should she be put to death because of lying?! What are you nuts? although getting lashed isn't the most unprimitive punishment...

Yes, she should be put to death. If her lie wasn't caught then two innocent boys would have been put to death. All liars that have lied about such a serious event that was taken seriously by the authorties must be punsihed. It doesn't matter that she was caught, she should be put to death to send a message to people that might lie that it doesn't pay to lie. I am not saying that liars should be killed, I am simply saying that people that lie about such a potentially dangerous thing should suffer what the innocent victims might of suffered.

#5 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:54 PM

Justin,
Well, I understand now.
But one disagreement I have:

I am not saying that liars should be killed, I am simply saying that people that lie about such a potentially dangerous thing should suffer what the innocent victims might of suffered.

Well death means- total oblivion, total NOTHING. They won't suffer at all because 'they' won't be, and never was and never will be and are simply not are... NOTHING matters if death is the final fatal.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#6 wraith

• 182 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:56 PM

A) I doubt she lied

B) In many Muslim countries (and even in Muslim communities in Western countries) , a girl found having sex outside of marriage will be killed by her own family members.

Justinb, I suggest you move to Iran and see how you like living under sharia. Sounds like your cup of tea.

#7 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:03 PM

A) I doubt she lied

B) In many Muslim countries (and even in Muslim communities in Western countries) , a girl found having sex outside of marriage will be killed by her own family members.

Justinb, I suggest you move to Iran and see how you like living under sharia. Sounds like your cup of tea.

Yes, I know that a girl found having sex outside of marriage (in some Muslim countries) will be killed, so she would even have more reason to lie. Although, she could have been easily raped too, but the court said otherwise. So, who knows. All I am saying is, IF she lied, then she should die. To me, that makes perfect sense. To me, that is Justice.

#8 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:06 PM

Justin,
Well, I understand now.
But one disagreement I have:

Well death means- total oblivion, total NOTHING. They won't suffer at all because 'they' won't be, and never was and never will be and are simply not are... NOTHING matters if death is the final fatal.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

They should suffer in conjunction with death.

#9 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:11 PM

Justin,

1. Did you know that the Muslim family kills the raped girl and the raper to keep the dignity of the family?!

2. I do not believe you understand the meaning of death.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#10 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:18 PM

1. Did you know that the Muslim family kills the raped girl and the raper to keep the dignity of the family?!

Yes, and if she lied because of this, then only society is to blame. She shouldn't be put to death because she was under direst. I hate fanatic Muslims. They force girls like her, if she did lie to save her life, to lie and kill innocents, or to potentially kill innocents in this case. She or the boys are not to blame.

2. I do not believe you understand the meaning of death.

Oh, I do. Death means you are no longer alive. YOU WILL NO LONGER PRECEIVE, AND WILL NEVER PRECEIVE AGAIN. (Unless you are frozen and thawed for home made ice cream at a later date of course)
If I was put in cryo, I would put it in my contract with the company to bring me ice cream when I am revived. For some reason I find that hilarious. :) Call me dumb, but....

#11 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:28 PM

Well Justin,

1. Your replays are pointing on you not being familiar with death being total oblivion, simply nothing! nix! niks! nada! ëìåí!

2. Ice cream is full of sugar, I'd reconsider...

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#12 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:51 PM

1. Your replays are pointing on you not being familiar with death being total oblivion, simply nothing! nix! niks! nada! ëìåí!

My replys simply mean that we differ on what we think should be the mode of punishment. I know that death equals nothing. Trust me, I have had this debate with so many people. Without our brains (and bodies), we are nothing! We don't exist. We can't exist. As soon as we die.... no more! Not even a blank screen, because for us to be aware of darkness, we most be alive!

2. Ice cream is full of sugar, I'd reconsider...

[lol]

#13 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:50 AM

Ugh, Justing:

1. I still have doubts... I mean after dying, simply nothing matters, because nothing exists, never does, it is not a punishment, it is simply deleting, uninstalling (call it however) EVERYTHING!!!

2. Did you reconsider? ;)

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#14 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:22 PM

Remind me to steer clear of Iran

#15 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

Remind me to steer clear of Iran

I'd say that's a smart thing to do.
Going there is a good way to suicide! please don't forget to not visit there!!!

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#16 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:37 AM

Ugh, Justing:

1. I still have doubts... I mean after dying, simply nothing matters, because nothing exists, never does, it is not a punishment, it is simply deleting, uninstalling (call it however) EVERYTHING!!!

2. Did you reconsider? ;)

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

1. Yeah, I don't know what would be the best solution, although I still say turture and death.

2. No, by the time they will be able to revive people, gene therapy for tooth decay will be around so sugar wont be AS bad as it is now. [tung]

#17 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:46 AM

Justin,

No, by the time they will be able to revive people, gene therapy for tooth decay will be around so sugar wont be AS bad as it is now

Heh maybe, moreover, once in few years or decades won't hurt heh.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#18 tous

• 78 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:52 AM

Justin, You should die, I should die atleast a few times over, infernity should probally die a couple times, becuase everyone lies, EVERYONE, to punish lieing with death would very quickly destroy the human race.

Your arguing that death isn't acurate punishment becuase if your dead you cant learn a lesson, right Infernity?

By the way, ud make horrible Ice cream ;)

#19 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:56 AM

Justin, You should die, I should die atleast a few times over, infernity should probally die a couple times, becuase everyone lies, EVERYONE, to punish lieing with death would very quickly destroy the human race.

Your arguing that death isn't acurate punishment becuase if your dead you cant learn a lesson, right Infernity?

By the way, ud make horrible Ice cream ;)

Lying is one thing, lying when someone could die if people don't catch the lie is a different thing entirely.

#20 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:11 AM

tous

Well, heh when I think of it it's also contained in the package, but that's not what I meant- I simply meant that's not a punish because it never happened and the supposedly punished never existed to, and NOTHING does. Don't you get that the dead is like the unborn...?

Yours
~Infernity

#21 alreadydead

• 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:00 PM

He's saying that the death of her would be to show those still alive that they should not lie, because depsite the oblivion that lies beyond death, a large number of people still fear it. For she herself, though, it would not be much of a punishment (in retrospect) because she would be unaware that she died or that she once existed.

#22 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:24 PM

Oh, well Mr. Dead, that's now makes sense.
But I don't believe there is any reason to fear of oblivion, heh nothing will matter in that case, simply aspire to live NOW always, and act to live in the future's now- without limits...
http://www.imminst.o...f=179&t=5832&s=
Take a look at the first post in the thread whom I added the link please.

Yours
~Infernity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users