- - - - -

Let's discuss Piracetam and Confidence

piracetam

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kjetils

• 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

I came over the following comment by vali from another thread (http://www.longecity...esside-effects/):

I've been taking 4.8 gram dosages each morning, and the effect makes me too happy. The happiest, most self confident I've been is on piracetam. I feel smart, supremely self-confident, witty, totally in control. Music is beatiful, life is strange and wonderious, everything I write is brilliant, gold. Then a couple hours pass, I just calm down, and go back to being my normal self. I believe the term thrown around here is hypo-mania. I'm not sure how much of this effect is me, and how much is piracetam exaggerating my pre-existing character traits, but either way, I plan on scaling back the dosages. Also planning on throwing in some theanine. I want to transform that energy and self confidence into calm, steady focus instead of just ego stroking.</p>

This is also exactly how I feel when I take piractam and is the reason I keep taking it. I wouldn't want to lower the dosage and decreasing the 'boosted ego' effect as he would though. Other than this, I also notice a much smoother fluency when I talk. This is extremely noticeable since I'm in an english-speaking country and english is not my language.

I've found that my ideal dosage is around 4 grams per serving (usually three times a day for a few days). If I take too little or too much, the effects aren't noticeable. Music is absolutley essential and the combo puts me in the zone for working. I'm pretty sure my confidence in general goes up a bit when I'm on piracatem, not only the few hours I'm on it, but throughout the day.

I'm not a guy who has particualrly low or high confidence, but I think the whole concept is interesting. I believe that a large part increasing your confidence has to do with your internal belief system. I now I'm simplyfing a lot here.

A confident person has a mental structure in his head that consists of many beliefs for why 'he should have confidence' such as money, job, education, looks etc. As he walks around in the world, he unconsciously looks for evidences to strengthen his beliefs. My understanding is that a narcissistic person is doing this to such an extent that it goes completely out of synch with reality.

On the other side, you have a person who's not confident and has loads of negative beliefs. A person like this often goes around looking for reference points to why his negative beliefs are true, often overlooking/creating/cultivating positive beliefs. This can lead to his confidence decreasing.

Since piracetam puts me a bit in the confident/"hypo-manic"/narcisstic mind state, I was wondering if it could be beneficial for building your confidence long term?

I know that a lot have to do with external reference points when it comes to strengthening your beliefs, but these things interal are also important. (A great book on this is Psycho Cybernetics)

Hypo-manic and narcisstic are probably too strong words to use, I would say I'm still clearly grounded in reality. It's hard to explain, but I would say piracetam allows me to see the good parts about myself. This combined with good music puts me in the

I hope I made some sense in this post and that I'm not just rambling. I've been off piracetam for a week now ;)

Anyone else that can relate to the effects I've describe from piracetam?

Any comments when it comes to piracetam and building confidence? Beneficial? Dangerous?

Edited by kjetils, 14 March 2012 - 07:58 AM.

• like x 2

#2 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

I liked your post and think you made some good points. I like this explanation on confidence:

A confident person has a mental structure in his head that consists of many beliefs for why 'he should have confidence' such as money, job, education, looks etc. As he walks around in the world, he unconsciously looks for evidences to strengthen his beliefs. My understanding is that a narcissistic person is doing this to such an extent that it goes completely out of synch with reality.

On the other side, you have a person who's not confident and has loads of negative beliefs. A person like this often goes around looking for reference points to why his negative beliefs are true, often overlooking/creating/cultivating positive beliefs. This can lead to his confidence decreasing.

• like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

We are all juggling confidence and self-doubt, both consciously and unconsciously. In evaluating the effect of piracetam upon confidence & self-doubt, introspective illusion makes it nearly impossible to know what is going on. That said, what follows is my best guess. Yes, piracetam makes you more arrogant (is that possible? :laugh: ), and it makes introspection more difficult, thus increasing one's susceptibility to self-deception and confabulation. :|?
  • like x 1

#4 Orajel

• 138 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:25 AM

If anyone stumbles across a pill that can induce narcissism and sociopathic tendencies (grandiose, confident, manipulative), let me know I'm interested.

Piracetam makes me more lucid, which gives me more of a handle on my typical anxiety-ridden responses to daily life. It allows me to take a more objective stance on my problems, instead of reacting emotionally (as much)

I like what you said about internal belief systems. Piracetam improves learning in my experience, so I assume it could improve my ability to learn and shape positive core beliefs and ultimately alter my negative belief system. It also seems like this could go the other way too.

Edited by Orajel, 15 March 2012 - 03:27 AM.

• like x 1

#5 vali

• 61 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

Instead of scaling back on the piracetam, I decided to change the music I was listening to. I would say that music, for me at least, is an essential component. I'd been using high-energy music when I studied previously, because studying drains my will to live, but with piracetam I can listen to low energy music instead. The other thing I did was exercise (should have been doing that anyways, of course). That takes away some of the restlessness of my thoughts, and is generally a much better idea than downing more pills.

I didn't realize it until I took piracetam, but I've been mildly depressed for several years now. Or perhaps I've just been a normal, moody young adult; mental states are quite subjective like that. Piracetam helped shake me out of my rut, allowing me to open my eyes and set about changing how I see myself. I don't trust drugs that just make me happy, but drugs that help you help yourself are what I got into nootropics for, and piracetam has worked out nicely in that regard.

My goal right now is to gain self-confident without arrogance by being more empathetic. They have a drug for that, right? :)

We'll see how it goes.
  • like x 1

#6 kjetils

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:19 AM

Instead of scaling back on the piracetam, I decided to change the music I was listening to. I would say that music, for me at least, is an essential component. I'd been using high-energy music when I studied previously, because studying drains my will to live, but with piracetam I can listen to low energy music instead.

This is also true for me. Listening to upbeat music that I really like kind of pushes me into the zone, perfect for working or studying. I would go as far as saying that it makes working and studying fun. And as you're saying music is an absolutely essential component. I wonder if more people are actually able to induce this state with the combination piracetam and music. I've also noticed that 4 +/- 1 gram is where I hit this state, not more or less than this.

I mistankely thought this was the sulbutiamine in the beginning, but I'm glad it's just the piracetam and I can induce this state consistantly whenever I have work to do.

About the confidence thing. My idea was that long-term, neuro plasticity would lead to good beliefs that is helped "rooted" with piracetam, actually stay this way when you take a long break from the drug. Could I be onto something?

#7 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

It doesn't appear we have anyone in this thread who thinks piracetam DECREASES confidence. Interesting theory that racetam-induced LTP is the greatest cause of its confidence enhancement. Alternatively, it may be mildly disinhibitory, like pramiracetam, and this might account for the greater confidence and lesser shyness which piracetam users report.

Also, listening to high energy music is almost certainly bad for studying, since it appears to disrupt learning in trials and in anecdotes. Low energy, quiet music is more controversial, but I use it all the time; some authorities say it is distracting, while others say it puts you at ease with white noise, thus increasing your focus.. Silence, IMO, is really good only when it's really good.

#8 truboy

• 178 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

kjetils what's your stack?

#9 kjetils

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

I usually just take piracetam, fish oil, and a few cups of green tea during the day. I'm also expermenting a little bit with cdp-choline.

#10 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

If anyone stumbles across a pill that can induce narcissism and sociopathic tendencies (grandiose, confident, manipulative), let me know I'm interested.

Iv´e always wondered how it would be to have antisocial personality disorder. I hate their guts because Iv´e known a few. They are like adult children!

But just to know how they perceive everything, how they think and how their cognition works!? That would be an experience!

Then of course I would stop taking them, the disorder has a lot of disadvantages.

#11 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2023 - 06:27 PM

you dont want too much confidence it will boost ego which hinders intelligence

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 EvaWhite

• 35 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 06:47 PM

I'm 33 and I didn't start racetams until 4 years ago (I wish I knew about racetams in college). I actually started with Phenylpiracetam before I even got on Piracetam but long story short I've had them all literally all of them (Nefiracetam, Fasoracetam, Oxiracetam, Pramiracetam, and Clouracetam). By far the weakest and most pointless from my own personal experience was Pramiracetam. Nefiracetam made me feel kind of weird. Fasoracetam was awesome insofar as it helped me lower my dosage of phenibut and benzos (look up the downrwgulation of GABA receptors with Fasoracetam) but it was literally so intense that it made me almost fall asleep in the middle of the day and I never touched it again (but Fasoracetam could be extremely beneficial to you in case you are trying to make the most out of your Phenibut but please research or ask about the dosage of each together before you even try that combo). Oxiracetam is supposedly a "mild" stimulant at certain dosages and also an NMDA Receptor Agonist...my ass...its alright tho maybe when combined with some green tea extract and some stimulants (in particular some analogue of Modafinil) from highstreetpharma. Clouracetam is probably the best after Phenylpiracetam. I used to take no more than 1G of Piracetam daily for years until I saw a few Redditors post that to get the most out of it take 2-3 G daily. I thought they were insane but I tried it myself and it's definitely true. Piracetam is cheaper and lasts way longer even at higher dosages than Phenylpiracetam. Don't be afraid to dip your toes into the large dosage range with respect to Piracetam. The worst thing that can happen is that you get a little sweaty and twitchy but its NOT that serious and it's definitely not something that couldn't be offset with a moderate dose of Phenibut which ur already on :)

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users