• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Nootropic Stack: Benefits from Piracetam and other Nootropics

piracetam brain fog nootropics depression memory enhancement anxiety caffeine nicotine choline bitartrate nootropic stack

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

First off I would just like to say hello, and thank you Longecity for letting me "creep" your site for these past several months. I finally feel like I've been taking Piracetam, and the other Nootropics that I will be listing further down long enough to make a comprehensive list and "show off" my stack.

I've been taking Piracetam, Caffeine, Choline Bitartrate, Nicotine, and Vinpocetine. I also have been taking Omega-3 fish oils, and a multi-vitamin. I started taking Piracetam roughly 4 months ago, along with Vinpocetine. I didn't add Choline Bitartrate until about 3 weeks into it due to headaches. As to Caffeine and Nicotine I've regularly consumed these for the past several years, and just recently started taking Caffeine Anhydrous.

My goal, which has been met, was to improve my memory. I was suffering from brain fog daily, the effects of this were: forgetting if I had locked my apartment door, if I had locked my car door, if I had turned off the stove, etc. I would literally forget these things moments after I had done them. I have experienced this for several years, and always had brushed it off to be mild anxiety. I tried various pharmaceuticals to help with this, and was not appreciating some of the side effects caused by the pharmaceuticals. I'd heard about Piracetam some time ago from a family member who was using it to combat the onset of dementia, and after a while I looked into it and saw that not only could it help me with my brain fog but it could also work as an anxiolytic.

My starting stack was:
Piracetam - 3.2-4g in the morning.
Vinpocetine - 10mg in the morning, and another 10mg with lunch.
Caffeine - 100-200mg throughout the day.

Nicotine - A pack of American Spirits a day.

I added 310mg of Choline Bitartrate 3 weeks into taking Piracetam

After 1 month my stack became:
Piracetam - 3.2-4g in the morning, and 3.2-4g with lunch.
Vinpocetine - 10mg in the morning, 10mg with lunch, and 10mg an hour before dinner.
Caffeine - 150-250mg throughout the day.
Nicotine - A pack a day.

I've essentially removed brain fog from occurring, however I'm still slightly anxious in certain situations. So I'm wondering if anyone has any good recommendations on how I can help ease my anxiety, or even a few suggestions towards helping improve my cognitive abilities would be appreciated. I'm taking a break from college for a difficult degree and am using my time to learn more about programming and other similar matters.

Edited by Sanguine_Rogue, 04 April 2012 - 07:16 PM.

• like x 1

#2 WhatIsYourReality

• 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Would you say that the nicotine enhances the effect of the nootropics for the short duration it holds within the system?

I'm currently in the process of giving the Nootropic - Piracetam a test run and I am currently a user of "E-Cigs". I usually smoke a little more than half of a cartridge a day.

Edited by WhatIsYourReality, 05 April 2012 - 10:49 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

It's reported to, I definitely notice an energetic cerebral like rush. It isn't something spectacular or anything like that, but it definitely noticeable. I've noticed that caffeine works similarly though not quite as much compared to the nicotine. I actually just received some DMAA today and am going to try it out....is my love of stimulants and Noots shining through your monitors yet? LOL!
  • like x 1

#4 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

Sorry for the long absence, been busy with work and little home projects so I haven't really had too much time to sit down in front of a computer unless it was to chat with someone or check my FB.

I ordered some Aniracetam a little while back and got it maybe a week and a half ago. Definitely has been a pleasant and effective addition to my "nootropic stack". I notice that it actually does give me a mild energy rush, nothing spectacular or nerve wracking, just an obvious yet subtle increase in overall energy. I'm finding it a lot easier to focus in on things, such as work as well as my previously mentioned little side projects. I didn't alter my Choline intake, and lately I've been wondering if I need to increase the amount of choline I take or if I'm fine with the current amount I've been taking.

Someone told me to check out Lion's Mane as well so I'm considering looking more into it, so if you happen to know anything about it (How long do I need to take before I'll feel the effects, what all I should take with it, or anything like that) please feel free to add it!

Anyways here's my revised "Nootropic Stack":

Aniracetam - 750mg in the morning, and 750mg with lunch.
Vinpocetine - 10mg in the morning, 10mg with lunch, and 10mg an hour before dinner.
Nicotine - A pack a day.

DMAA - 60mg in the morning, and 60mg with lunch.

EDIT: Totally forgot to mention how well DMAA has been working for me. I take around 120mg a day, and it definitely gives me a nice energy rush. I crashed the first time I took it (Took a super dose at 150mg with 300mg of Caffeine) however since toning down the amount I take to a safe and proper level I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary. I still can eat while on DMAA which is nice considering most other stimulants I've tested/sampled destroyed any and all appetite I had.

Edited by Sanguine_Rogue, 02 May 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#5 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

Just something I thought I would share with y'all in case anyone else is taking DMAA. Just saw it today when I was browsing around other websites I bounce around on every so often.

http://www.fda.gov/N.../ucm302133.html

The link is to the FDA so don't worry! :D

#6 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

L theanine i suspect would synergize nicely with dmaa; could be what you need for your anxiety.
  • like x 1

#7 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

L-Theanine, as in from green tea right? I'll look into it and see what I can do about adding it in. I'm almost out of DMAA anyways, and I'm not sure if I 'll be able to order anymore, not too worried about it. The Piracetam and Aniracetam, is giving me enough energy and focus to continue working productively through any minor tiredness. The DMAA was mostly to get me up and awake the early part of the day, so it was never exactly essential to my overall Nootropic Stack. L-Theanine stimulates your GABA right, like Piracetam?

#8 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

Its gabaergic but not in the same way as piracetam wich mostly acts on glutamate and acetylcholine its very calming kinda like a mild benzo; ppl have also been adding it to stimulants as it takes the edge of them.
  • like x 1

#9 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

Thanks for sharing that medievil. I'd been considering adding L-Theanine to my stack considering that I have read in multiple places that it can be effective in Nootropic stacks. I do apologize for the long absence, work has really been hectic these past few weeks. So L-Theanine is a gabaergic, does it become potentiated when taken with Piracetam or vice versa?

My anxiety seems to have cut back a bit, it could be either from the lack of stimulants (aside from cigs and the ocassional cup of coffee), or the continued use of Piracetam along with Aniracetam is paying off in more ways than I expected. The two when used together seem to work very well, I still feel the creative spark that comes along with Piracetam along with the focusing effects of Aniracetam. I've actually started taking 1500mg of Aniracetam with my lunch (which is double what I had initially started with), and I still haven't had to adjust my choline usage, so I'm starting to believe that I might be fine at my current pace.

So, I'm considering adding the L-Theanine along with Kava Kava to my stack after I do a little more research into them both. I'm thinking that I'll take the Kava Kava in the morning to help me with that early morning daze I experience (more of a night person, however I can't be picky with my work schedule), and L-Theanine towards mid-afternoon/evening to help with winding down while not losing focus. If you have advice or tips about Kava Kava, let me know :)

#10 TheSupplementDiva

• 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

Why nicotine? ugh- cigarettes are soo bad for you. Anyway, DMAE is ok - -but like anything companies often promote products and there aren't really a lot of tests run to see the efficacy or safety of it, especially in large doses.
I personally take Mind Boost, a Piracetam Choline Caffeine mix by Mastermind Supplements- been taking it for a year now but I always cleanse myself too - Piracetam in general has the effect of (my hypothesis)- decreasing serotonin levels in the brain temporarily. While you are taking it, you are fine- with the Choline, but - - you will notice - temporary mood swings- namely some anger. - FOR THIS REASON, I recommend taking it in SMALL DOSES! - -also After 6 months for your cleanse, definitely take
activated charcoal and drink strong green tea- with lots of L-Theanine. Also EAT EGGS! and take 5 HTP three times a week - -you will notice the difference and your - -brain's homeostasis time will come sooner!

Mind Boost took at least six weeks for me. - - I have also tried Clear Thoughts- a Unicity product, and Cognoblend-- they are also good- - they have Vinpocetine, Choline- amongst other ingredients- -the bottles are downstairs-- lol. too lazy to get-
but- - honestly, I had a lack of confidence and Mind Boost- helped that and even helped my memory- - long-term. I think all the alcohol I used to drink a looong time ago - -affected my brain - - but Mind Boost cured it! Love this product!

I am definitely gonna try some others too but so far Mind Boost is my favorite! :laugh: :-D :)

#11 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

I use e-cigs and chose vaporization over the conventional cigarette, but thank you for your consideration. I've added L-Theanine as well as Neuro Vortex - Pramiracetam to my nootropic stack. DMAE is a supplement that I don't actively buy, unless it comes inside of a drink at stores.

I can say that what I noticed after adding L-Theanine to my Nootropic Stack was a slightly more relaxed nature, I was as jittery or on edge from the DMAA. L-Theanine also seemed to cause the effects that I was experiencing from Piracetam had become more prevalent. Pramiracetam however allowed me to recall some of the things I had learned earlier in school, and believe had very positive benefits to my long term memory.

I'm looking to add Alpha-GPC to my Nootropic Stack soon once I find one within my price range. I'm thinking that the fact that Pramiracetam increases the uptake of Choline, that it may act overall as a boost to the Piracetam, and Aniracetam that I'm already taking.

#12 Kwerl

• 20 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

Modafinil helps with memory retrieval (at least in short-term). Also, there is a way to improve your concentration (also known as executive functions / working memory): http://brainworkshop.sourceforge.net/ and it is possible that it increases IQ as well.

#13 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

Thanks Kwerl! I appreciate your insight and I will do some reading on Modafinil and see if it's something that I would be interested in adding to my Nootropic stack. Thanks for the share with the Brain Workshop, and as soon as I free up some space on my computer I'll be sure to add it considering it's hard to find decent mind games and puzzles without scouring the internet in search.

Here's my revised (yet again) Nootropic Stack:

Aniracetam - 750mg in the morning, and 750mg with lunch.
Pramiracetam - 300mg in the morning, and 300mg with lunch.
L-Theanine - 200mg in the morning.
Nicotine - Half a pack a day.

So far since I've added the Pramiracetam I've been experiencing a few positive effects. Some memories from my teen years are less foggy than they were before adding it, as well as my ability to actually recount and remember things that had happened a month or so ago. I'm quite pleased with how well Pramiracetam molded into my Nootropic Stack, and have done a bit more reading on it than I had prior to ordering it. I learned that it increases one's High-Affinity Choline Uptake (HACU), which from my understanding allows more choline to be sent and used in the brain. Considering the fact that Piracetam stimulates the ACh receptors, this increase in HACU should allow Choline to be utilized much more. I also saw that Pramiracetam, unlike Piracetam, actually has lasting effects even after one stops taking it.

I'm considering adding Sulbutiamine to my Nootropic Stack for not only it's positive effects on memory but to help me with my shyness. Aniracetam has been very helpful in getting me to act more social, and with talking to strangers or customers however I do feel that I have more ground that needs to be covered. I'm not sure however if adding Sulbutiamine would cause any adverse effects or if it could cause negative effects towards the other Nootropics I'm already taking. But I'm probably going to try and get some and see how well it works with my Nootropic Stack simply due to the fact that it potentiates cholinergic, dopaminergic and glutamatergic transmissions which implicates that it could have various positive benefits towards memory and mood.

If anyone has any recommendations regarding Sulbutiamine, or some insight into any other Nootropic that might prove beneficial to me I'd be happy to hear them!

Cheers!

#14 Prioriteyez

• 6 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

Sulbutiamine is a great addition to Nootropic stacks! Especially for what you are seeking to gain, easing your anxiety, Sulbutiamine is reputed to have benefits regarding your dopaminergic transmissions so it may be able to help you with your anxiety in certain instances. Sulbutiamine also is a cholinergic which should be very beneficial regarding your stack, taking your last post into mind regarding the effects of Pramiracetam.

You should very well consider the positive effects gained from Picamilon regarding anxiety easement. It's readily available in the States as well, and you shouldn't have a problem finding information regarding it or the nootropic substance itself.
  • like x 1

#15 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Yea those are partely the reasons why I've been considering Sulbutiamine, and thank you for telling me about Picamilon. I'll be sure to look into it and see what all I can dig up regarding it.

#16 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Woah 60mg of DMAA??? That is a huge dose. 20mg is considered high.

#17 Revolutionary

• 34 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

I use e-cigs and chose vaporization over the conventional cigarette, but thank you for your consideration. I've added L-Theanine as well as Neuro Vortex - Pramiracetam to my nootropic stack. DMAE is a supplement that I don't actively buy, unless it comes inside of a drink at stores.

I can say that what I noticed after adding L-Theanine to my Nootropic Stack was a slightly more relaxed nature, I was as jittery or on edge from the DMAA. L-Theanine also seemed to cause the effects that I was experiencing from Piracetam had become more prevalent. Pramiracetam however allowed me to recall some of the things I had learned earlier in school, and believe had very positive benefits to my long term memory.

I'm looking to add Alpha-GPC to my Nootropic Stack soon once I find one within my price range. I'm thinking that the fact that Pramiracetam increases the uptake of Choline, that it may act overall as a boost to the Piracetam, and Aniracetam that I'm already taking.

What exactly do you mean by " L-Theanine also seemed to cause the effects that I was experiencing from Piracetam had become more prevalent." I would love to hear more details about this... And what sort of effects to you feel from aniracetam? I may have asked you this before but I've been looking at your stack and am quiet intrigued by your results...

#18 Prioriteyez

• 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Isn't DMAA some sort of Club drug? I know that they have it in that Jack3d but hasn't there been people who have died while using this stuff?

#19 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

Yea, I've actually stopped taking my afternoon dose, and have slimmed down to 40mg in the morning when I take DMAA. A friend of mine that has been using DMAA pointed it out that I was over doing it, and taking more than necessary.

What exactly do you mean by " L-Theanine also seemed to cause the effects that I was experiencing from Piracetam had become more prevalent." I would love to hear more details about this... And what sort of effects to you feel from aniracetam? I may have asked you this before but I've been looking at your stack and am quiet intrigued by your results...

Well from my understanding L-Theanine is reported to be gabaergic/gabanergic which is the same area that Piracetam's chief mechanism of action takes play. Also the L-Theanine has been really helpful in taking some of the edge off of the DMAA that I was taking. From Aniracetam I get a stronger sense of being sociable, and capable of holding and even starting conversations with strangers. It's also helpful in recalling information that I generally wouldn't be able to remember (A customers name and their related issue). I think that using all three Piracetam, Aniracetam, and Pramiracetam is extremely effective. Piracetam's main mechanisms of action being the stimulation of the GABA, ACh Receptors, as well as the Corpus Callosum allow Aniracetam and Pramiracetam to work more effectively (from my own observations).

Isn't DMAA some sort of Club drug? I know that they have it in that Jack3d but hasn't there been people who have died while using this stuff?

I think it is used in like England as a club drug, and supposedly these people did die but their were doing heavy aerobics and had other chems in their system. DMAA is a thermogenic, and it increases your body temperature as well as heart rate, so common logic suggests to not do any heavy aerobics since your body is already pushing itself during standard typical work outs.

#20 Revolutionary

• 34 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Awesome, I think I might have to add ani and pram to my piracetam stack...
  • like x 1

#21 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

Yea they definitely have been a great addition to my stack. Pramiracetam increases your High-Affinity Choline Uptake which should work positively with the ACh receptors being stimulated by Piracetam. While the Aniracetam will stimulate other parts of your brain (mainly your AMPA receptors). And since your Corpus Callosum will be stimulated from the use of Piracetam the areas that are being stimulated should have better communication between them.

#22 Revolutionary

• 34 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

Yea they definitely have been a great addition to my stack. Pramiracetam increases your High-Affinity Choline Uptake which should work positively with the ACh receptors being stimulated by Piracetam. While the Aniracetam will stimulate other parts of your brain (mainly your AMPA receptors). And since your Corpus Callosum will be stimulated from the use of Piracetam the areas that are being stimulated should have better communication between them.

Are you in the medical field by an chance?

#23 Prioriteyez

• 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

I think it is used in like England as a club drug, and supposedly these people did die but their were doing heavy aerobics and had other chems in their system. DMAA is a thermogenic, and it increases your body temperature as well as heart rate, so common logic suggests to not do any heavy aerobics since your body is already pushing itself during standard typical work outs.

I see, thanks for sharing that information with me. The only stimulant I use is caffeine, as all the others that I had heard about seemed to have a lot of negative and adverse effects that I am not really interested in.

#24 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Not really medical, Biotechnology/Chemical Engineering field. I have some basic understanding regarding the medical field, simply through Biology and a lot of my friends went into school to be Pharmacists/Pharmacy Technicians so I picked up a few things from them, and tend to ask them a bunch of questions about medicine or nootropics ahah. :)

Why, are you in the Medical field?

#25 Revolutionary

• 34 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

Not really medical, Biotechnology/Chemical Engineering field. I have some basic understanding regarding the medical field, simply through Biology and a lot of my friends went into school to be Pharmacists/Pharmacy Technicians so I picked up a few things from them, and tend to ask them a bunch of questions about medicine or nootropics ahah. :)

Why, are you in the Medical field?

Yes, it is impressive that you know so much. Sometimes I have to wiki some of the things you say. But I enjoy every minute of it. Keep droppin' knowledge!

#26 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:41 AM

Thanks, and I'm glad I could be helpful. I'll try to keep sharing knowledge, I've been reading about Sulbutiamine, and Picamilon today trying to find another antioxylic to add to my nootropic stack to help me out when a bout of anxiety is going on for me. Hopefully I will be able to construct a stack that will help me stay away from Big Pharma completely ;)

#27 Revolutionary

• 34 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

Thanks, and I'm glad I could be helpful. I'll try to keep sharing knowledge, I've been reading about Sulbutiamine, and Picamilon today trying to find another antioxylic to add to my nootropic stack to help me out when a bout of anxiety is going on for me. Hopefully I will be able to construct a stack that will help me stay away from Big Pharma completely ;)

Let me know how that goes. Also, if you get to try them yourself... For me the pira/choline combo works well enough... I don't feel the need to add anything else because those two alone let me work at 90-100%. Nevertheless, I am always willing to read about your experiences! :)

#28 Prioriteyez

• 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

Picamilon is antioxylic, and has other Nootropic benefits. You could also try using Theobromine, I believe it stimulates the GABA and is in dark chocolate if I'm not mistaken. How has your stack been fairing for you lately?

#29 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

Picamilon is antioxylic, and has other Nootropic benefits. You could also try using Theobromine, I believe it stimulates the GABA and is in dark chocolate if I'm not mistaken. How has your stack been fairing for you lately?

I'm quite pleased with my Nootropic Stack currently, and have continued to notice steady improvement in recalling older memories regarding school and lectures. I just now looked up Theobromine and it seems to be similar to Caffeine, which is interesting as well as a vasodilator. I know that L-Theanine reacts on the GABA receptors, but I haven't been able to read any where about Theobromine doing the same.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#30 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Well my order of Sulbutiamine came in on Friday and I've gotten to try it out over these past couple of days. I have to say I'm not feeling too much from it just yet aside from not feeling as sluggish and I'm under the impression that the effects of both Pramiracetam and Piracetam have been heightened (slightly better long term memory recall, and a bit better memory recall on new subjects) but that could be a psychological based placebo effect.

Does anyone have any advice for how much sulbutiamine I should be taking a day? I'm taking around 400mg a day since friday. Does Sulbutiamine take time to build up before its primary effects are noticed?

Thanks in advance!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, brain fog, nootropics, depression, memory enhancement, anxiety, caffeine, nicotine, choline bitartrate, nootropic stack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users