• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Importing nootropics into NZ?

nootropics new zealand

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Batou

• 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

Has anyone tried to import any nootropics into New Zealand and been successful? I get the impression it's almost impossible to get anything past our customs. I ordered aniracetam (not knowing it was a prescription medicine) once and received a letter from medsafe saying that it was being held by customs and would be destroyed within 30 days unless a reasonable excuse was provided (basically a doctor's prescription).

I know of someone who was hoping to get modafinil they enquired about shipping to NZ from a online pharmacy and the likelyhood of it getting past customs. They got an email back saying the companys shipments were generally reliable and they'd re-ship anything free of charge if it were intercepted. A few minutes later they got another email apologizing for the previous email, the new email said they couldn't gurantee replacement given the strictness of NZ's customs. They also said they'd be more successful with an Australian address.

#2 Dexedrine

• 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Aniracetam is not prescription medicine in New Zealand, only Piracetam is.

Take a look at the legislation
http://www.legislati...t/DLM95668.html

There is no reference to Aniracetam in the Medicines Regulation Act 1984, and as such means it is not a prescription medicine

Medsafe has this handy tool which acts as a search engine for the Medicines Regulation Act and the Misuse of Drugs Act
http://www.medsafe.g...ssification.asp

I got my Aniracetam caps from ebay through all ok, I got it in lieu of Piracetam due to customs concerns.

Seems though that you were unlucky, I've heard anecdotes from many, saying that their imports of prescription medicines including Piracetam arrived to their mailbox safe and sound. I get the impression that customs is pretty shit :P

Anyway, I would write back asking by what rationale is the item being seized since its neither a prescription medicine (evident by it not being listed in the medicine regulation act) nor listed as a prohibited import.

#3 Batou

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

Yeah, I did the same thing as you, ordered Aniracetam because Piracetam was a prescription drug. I've contacted Medsafe since and they confirmed that Aniracetam was treated as prescription medication at the border.

I was so disappointment that they destroyed it, $80 down the drain =(. I was really wanting to see what effect it would have too.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Dexedrine

• 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

Yeah, this country irritates the living shit out of me.

I hate how there seems to be everything is illegal unless we say otherwise attitude when it comes these things from the likes of dirt such as Peter Dunne. Funny how the government here condones and even endorses gambling and neurotoxic, carcinogenic and hepatotoxic ethanol, but has an automatic knee-jerk reaction to benign nootropics

The stuff I got from ebay was very overt, a big bottle with Aniracetam written on it, with supplements on the declaration card, perhaps the fact it was coming from the US was the mitigating factor.

The problem is now that your item is seized, your name will be on the customs database so you may suffer a penalty if you're caught in the future importing 'prescription' drugs.

If you have a willing friend, you could try get a small amount of piracetam/aniracetam powder shipped to their door, the former being cheap as chips. The powder may have a higher chance of getting through. At least it's only $20 down the drain if that gets seized.

#5 indigodrive

• 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

I managed to get some piracetam into NZ from the UK. At the time, I hadn't really done my research and just ordered it (not knowing that it was a prescription drug). Got a 250g bag of it. Didn't get stopped by customs or anything. Not sure if lucky, or because of the discreetness of the packaging and labeling (it was from a 'bulk' powders website).

#6 Dexedrine

• 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

I had some trouble with NZ customs and Aniracetam a few weeks back. Medsafe seized 30g of Ani I got from JL Nootropics, needless to say, I was fucking pissed when I saw the letter. I sent them an email, and quoted the legislation showing it was not a prescription drug. And... They agreed to return it :D

If you know for certain you have not broken any laws, then make sure you complain if customs/medsafe unlawfully seize your property, if you argue cogently and provide legal evidence, they'll have no choice but to return your item. (NEVER reply to customs letters if you know/suspect your item is illegal, as it acknowledges intentional import and makes you liable to prosecution)

#7 Auckland27

• 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi to all as im new on here :ph34r: and Happy New Year. Cool to see some other Kiwis on here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, new zealand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users