• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for Advice: 'Bumpy' and scarred looking skin + uneven complexion.

complexion bumpy skin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stopwatch

• 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

Hi everyone,

I was just curious if something like retinol would be enough to fix the problems mentioned in the topic title or if any of you have other better products that you use or at least have heard good things about. I never really noticed how bad my skin was until recently and I'd like to try to fix it.

Cheers,

Stopwatch

#2 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Retin A would probably be quite helpful. Putting cooled green tea on your skin with a cotton ball might help too.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

I used to have quite bad skin until I started to use Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Acid. Amazing difference and I've been using it for years now. I always get compliments about how young and good my skin looks these days and I know this serum one of the main reasons for that.. And that's pretty good considering I had the 2nd worst case of Acne in my year in high school. ;p Also, try not to look at your skin under fluorescent lighting :) lol

Edited by Matt, 05 May 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

It's kind of hard to say without seeing it, but retinoids sound like a reasonable thing to try. Just be sure that you know how to use them safely. They aren't something to trifle with, and can mess you up if you aren't careful. Used properly, they're amazing. Start with the lowest concentration available (.01%? .005%? I forget). Use it at night, every second or third day, at least 20 minutes after cleansing. Don't mix with any other skin care products with the exception of a plain moisturizer (no AHAs or retinol) if you need it. Use a sunscreen every day. You should do that anyway, but retinoids sensitize you to UV and make protection more important. If your skin responds poorly (irritated, flaking) use it less often and/or dilute with moisturizer, or consider using retinaldehyde for a while instead. To get the full effect from retin-a will take at least a year of use, possibly more. I noticed good effects after a few months of retinaldehyde.

Read up on it before experimenting. A lot of doctors don't know how to use it and will just tell you to slap it on, so just because a doctor prescribes it doesn't mean you're covered.

It's possible that the bumps are something that can be dealt with easily by a dermatologist, or maybe not; you'd just have to make an appointment and see someone. You might be able to get some free advice from an aesthetician or spa, although everyone is trying to sell you something...

#5 al3x

• 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

I was using tretinoin regularly, and I still got bumpy skin, until I removed a few things like gluten, coffee, alcohol, chocolate. You might have other sensitivities, but there are some foods that are highly probable to cause inflammation. I am using now Timeless C E Ferulic, which is much less expensive than Skinceuticals, but does a very good job at evening out my skin.

#6 Oakman

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:21 PM

I used to have quite bad skin until I started to use Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Acid. Amazing difference and I've been using it for years now. I always get compliments about how young and good my skin looks these days and I know this serum one of the main reasons for that.. And that's pretty good considering I had the 2nd worst case of Acne in my year in high school. ;p Also, try not to look at your skin under fluorescent lighting smile.png lol

I've been using some GBK-Cu cream and it does work to calm and smooth the skin. Highly recommended at a 1-2% mixture. Most generic skin creams do virtually nothing other than make the skin feel smooth for a time.  Also, last week I got Dr Benner's C, E, Ferulic Acid with Hyaluronic Acid...and it too seem to be helping, and noticeably so. Both seem to cause bumpy skin to recede and assume a more normal texture and tone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users