- - - - -

Luvox a Nooptropic?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hughbristic

• Guest Hugh Bristic
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:01 PM

Just started the SSRI Luvox (fluvoxamine) and noticed being a bit quicker. Did some research and found the following:

Serotonin and human information processing: fluvoxamine can improve reaction time performance

Appears to make you react more quickly without a reduction in accuracy.

Anybody else had experience with this?

Hugh

Edited by hughbristic, 11 March 2005 - 09:33 PM.

#2 elevated

• 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:28 PM

May I ask what your dosing protocol is?

Many years ago, I was prescribed Luvox, but never took it, because I was in denial of my OCD, I wanted to act like I didnt need anything, little did I realize that it would catch up to me later in life, right now being the time..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 hughbristic

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Hugh Bristic
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:50 PM

Just started 3 days ago, so I am at 1/2 of a 50mg pill twice daily. I'm tending to place them closer together during the day, like one in the morning, and one in the early afternoon, because I have other drugs to help me sleep and each dose doesn't seem to last very long. I suspect the real effects will not start kicking in for a couple of weeks, as this is the usual way with SSRIs, but in the short term I am experiencing a slight improvement in my social phobia and energy.

Of course, the dose in the cited experiment was 100mg, so I'd probably see more if I did that. I'd really like to start ramping it up, as its the first mental med that has done anything positive for me, except for tramadol, which doesn't really count. I see my shrink in 3 weeks and she'll probably up it then. By the way, while I have slight obsessive tendencies, I'm mainly taking it for depresssion. I haven't responded well to other SSRIs but wanted to try this one as it is different chemically.

Hugh

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 elevated

• 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 09:07 PM

Interesting stuff... I will probally talk to my doctor about getting Luvox, as it seems to fight OCD and depression.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users