• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

which Australian nicotine patches can be cut up?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hope this forum gets enough traffic to answer this ..

Americans seem to use the GlaxoSmithKline stuff, but I tried their Nicabate and don't really think it worked (I felt like I just ended up flooded with Nicotine) .. then again, that was quite some time ago and I've since learned I'm extremely sensitive to all supps., meds, etc., so maybe the dose I used was too high...

anyway, anyone had definite success with a particular brand?

#2 benryanau

• 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

I can't see a reason why any transdermal patch can't be cut up, so long as the sections are decently covered over once applied.
Also, it might be worth looking at "nicotine liquid" which is nicotine in propylene glycol. Used in electronic cigarette custom-strength refulls.
It'll pass through the skin, and you can dilute it down with PPG to the desired strength without spending a fortune on patches.
Or.. you could grab a decent e-cig and be done with it :) I did :)

#3 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

There are problems with defective opiate patches killing people. Not sure how that applies here, but watch out. Talk to a pharmacist.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 benryanau

• 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

You're right.. seems fent is the killer here, it's potent stuff (I nearly died on it from a pain pump).
I should have said "any nicotine-carrier transdermal patch". While most S4/S8 drug patches now use a polymer matrix it's possible some still use the gel reservoir/membrane design.
For nicotine, I've found the gel is pretty solid and didn't notice the effect of any "leakage" out the cut end. It would probably be unwise to cut patches carrying more powerful drugs (esp narcs) unless you're sure it's a matrix.

I used Nicabate, and cut them. It worked fine for me. But..If you're sensitive to drugs then I suggest you try this.

It's probably the best way to "split" patches. Essentially you place a barrier film between a section of the patch and your skin.
Say you want half-dose, cut a piece of non-porous adhesive tape half the size of the active area and stick it to your skin.. then line up the patch so the tape is "square" with the active area and press down. When you want to use the other half-dose, just reuse the full patch (so long as it was on long enough that first half-dose has been depleted).
If you have troubles with the tape coming unstuck or can't line it up, you can stick it to the membrane side - just use a bit of heat and water to slowly ease the adhesive away from the membrane.

I can also think of a simpler way - paint a thick-ish "blocking" square onto your skin with clear nail polish. When you want the other half-dose, pop it onto a fresh area :)

#5 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

kind of off topic, but does anyone know if i would be able to vaporize liquid nicotine in an iolite if i spread some on my herb of choice?

#6 benryanau

• 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hehe this always comes up :P
Uhh nope my mistake, I thought you were referring to e-cigs.. never heard of a "vapouriser" till now.. ta.
Works on a similar basic principle to an e-cig I guess. Well, regardless of my opinions on that ever-popular drug you refer to, I can help you out.

Basically, yes - you can use PG+nicotine liquid in a "herb vaporiser". Iolite runs at ~190*C, others can run 250*+.
The various forms of nicotine (primarily protonated) in e-cig juice gas-phase between 125-200*C.(and the prolylene glycol at ~185*c)

So, Yes. Drip your e-cig liquid on your gear and stick in your vaper :)

BTW.. what I thought you meant was, can you use hash oil in an e-cig.. and yes, you can.
Atomisers run between 85-150*C wet (limited by the heat used to evap the liquid), up to 500*C+ dry.
That fits the vapourisation characteristics of cannabinoids.

Christ I crap on when I'm tired. Cheers.

#7 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

haha well thank you, it is nice to know that all of these drugs are interchangeable in their respected devices.

now i just need to buy some liquid nicotine. I wish i had hash oil..i've never had a chance to try any

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users