• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Nootropic import restrictions

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 pyroptix

• 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 02:01 PM

Anyone have any details on Nootropic import restrictions?

i know the states lets you mail order stuff considered safe in other countries. Anyone know if its the same here?

#2 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:33 AM

If you have any question you should direct them to the Therapeutic Goods Admin (TGA). From my experiance they are very helpful.

To date I have found that the following nootropics are allowable through customs for personal use.

Deprenyl
Piracetam
Vinpocetine
Huperzine A
Picamilon
Pyritinol

and many others

Ones that I have been told are illegal without a script are

Hydergine
5-HTP

Good luck. Let me know how you go

#3 zorblart

• 20 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 12:06 PM

eek - i have some hydergine in with my next nootropics order.. hope the whole order doesnt get canned as a result..

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 littlegreycells

• 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 04:50 AM

If you have any question you should direct them to the Therapeutic Goods Admin (TGA). From my experiance they are very helpful.

To date I have found that the following nootropics are allowable through customs for personal use.

Deprenyl
Piracetam
Vinpocetine
Huperzine A
Picamilon
Pyritinol

and many others

Ones that I have been told are illegal without a script are

Hydergine
5-HTP

Good luck. Let me know how you go

Hi, another Aussie here (NSW). I'm new to noots and still doing some research to decide on my first stack. Maybe the decision will be made easier by what is and isn't legal to import. Don't suppose you have any info on the status of idebenone, vincamine, phenibut and melatonin?

#5 Melborn

• 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:12 PM

5 HTP is NOT illegal in to import to Australia for personal use. Same goes for

Piracetam
Sulbutiamine
L-Dopa
Phenibut
Picamilon

#6 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:15 AM

Piracetam is now on the restricted list

http://www.erowid.or...etam_law1.shtml

#7 Jacovis

• 247 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

Anyone know if Tianeptine is okay to import to Australia?

As far as I know, it is not listed as far as I know by the TGA or PBS so I would assume legal importation would be allowed under the TGA's personal importation scheme...

#8 Irradiance

• 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:51 AM

As far as I know, it is not listed as far as I know by the TGA or PBS so I would assume legal importation would be allowed under the TGA's personal importation scheme...

I have imported tianeptine (to Brisbane) before without any problems. So, my advice is to go for it. On the other hand, my advice is to not bother with tianeptine because it does absolutely nothing.

#9 Advanc3d

• 283 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

i have ordered kilos of piracetam over the past year
all came through.

#10 roid

• 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:58 AM

i just ordered a lot of Piracetam (3x 700gram tubs) from Nutraplanet, posted by US international post (not FedEx) and arrived 2 weeks later totally fine.
It didn't even have a "Checked by Australian Customs" notice in it. Looks like they just wave it through.

#11 qemist

• 36 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:28 AM

all came through.

In my experience (nearly 20 years) grey market orders from the US are rarely even checked. Orders from Europe are more likely to be checked, and everything I've ordered from India has been opened. In addition to the drugs already mentioned, I've had no trouble getting phenytoin, adrafinil, nicergoline, hydergine, vinpocetine, centrophenoxine, aniracetam, and pramiracetam through.

#12 Emiliano

• 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:51 PM

I've been importing Tianeptine for well over a year now, 60-65% opened by Customs, but all passed along as they're not a scheduled substance here.

Need to watch prices, though -- they can vary a lot from one supplier to another.

Oh, new here, hence the tardiness of my response. Sorry.

Be well.

Emiliano

#13 Emiliano

• 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:56 PM

all came through.

In my experience (nearly 20 years) grey market orders from the US are rarely even checked. Orders from Europe are more likely to be checked, and everything I've ordered from India has been opened. In addition to the drugs already mentioned, I've had no trouble getting phenytoin, adrafinil, nicergoline, hydergine, vinpocetine, centrophenoxine, aniracetam, and pramiracetam through.

I've just checked and found that adrafinil is now classified a Schedule 4 "Poison" (prescription-only medicine). I went ahead and ordered some anyway before I knew this, so am now a little anxious.

Sorry for the tardiness of this post.

Be well.

Emiliano

#14 donkey

• 24 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:33 PM

all came through.

I've just checked and found that adrafinil is now classified a Schedule 4 "Poison" (prescription-only medicine). I went ahead and ordered some anyway before I knew this, so am now a little anxious.

Oh great. When did that go into effect? Does anyone know what happens if your package is seized? Do you get a letter or anything? I've been poking around because I ordered some Adrafinil on november 29th from biogenesisantiaging and it still hasn't arrived. I usually get it within 8 days or so. If I can't take that adrafinil...well, I give up. I'm going to be falling asleep forever.

#15 Emiliano

• 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:49 PM

all came through.

Oh great. When did that go into effect? Does anyone know what happens if your package is seized? Do you get a letter or anything? I've been poking around because I ordered some Adrafinil on november 29th from biogenesisantiaging and it still hasn't arrived. I usually get it within 8 days or so. If I can't take that adrafinil...well, I give up. I'm going to be falling asleep forever.

Hi -- I haven't received my adrafinil yet, but then the postal workers are conducting strikes here and there and that's bound to slow things. However, I ordered some modafinil just prior to the adrafinil, from a different supplier, and it arrived fairly speedily. Can't say I respect the modafinil. All I get from taking it is a debilitating lethargy. Did someone say "stimulant"? I think I'd be better off with some strong coffee.

That said, I want to point out that different drugs have different effects in people. There are so many variables that you simply cannot predict how some substance will perform in a particular body. Be prepared to be disappointed.

Emiliano

P.S. If Customs withhold your shipment, you will most likely get a letter saying so. I had this happen once with a shipment of amineptine. I called them, told them what it was -- and that it wasn't a prohibited substance in Australia -- and they passed it on to me. But I think they took some for checking as well.

Edited by Emiliano, 22 December 2009 - 04:54 PM.

#16 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:25 PM

all came through.

You will get a warning letter. A few is ok. Too many and you will get charged or your house raided if it's really suspect stuff.

#17 Emiliano

• 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

all came through.

You will get a warning letter. A few is ok. Too many and you will get charged or your house raided if it's really suspect stuff.

Update: I received 2 packets X 40 tabs of Adrafinil. The package had been opened by Customs but they passed them along with no further ado. Like Modafinil, Adrafinil works like a more pleasant kind of caffeine for me. It keeps you wakeful, but without the unpleasant effects of caffeine overdose. :)

Now I'm awaiting a delivery of Selegiline. Wonder how that'll go...

Cheers,

Emiliano

#18 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 05:55 AM

all came through.

Update: I received 2 packets X 40 tabs of Adrafinil. The package had been opened by Customs but they passed them along with no further ado. Like Modafinil, Adrafinil works like a more pleasant kind of caffeine for me. It keeps you wakeful, but without the unpleasant effects of caffeine overdose. :p

Now I'm awaiting a delivery of Selegiline. Wonder how that'll go...

Cheers,

Emiliano

Thanks for letting us know.

Where the packets of Adrafinil sent in an envelope? Thus far I have not known anything which can fit inside an envelope to be opened by customs.

#19 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:49 AM

He's enjoying adrafanil so much he forgot to respond lol. Man i can't wait to try it. Then im going to take it to my doc and tell her to give me modafinil instead since im taking a risk ordering adrafinil over the internet.

#20 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:58 AM

Is there any Nootropics companies in Australia?

#21 needmass

• 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

bump

any chance of anyone updating this for us all?

#22 HCL3347978

• 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

Yeah i'd like an update. Wanting to order some piracetam or aniracetam soon

#23 bosozok

• 30 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:55 AM

Get a letter from an Australian doctor. Just for piracetam. You will find that will cover the rest of racetams.

The letter says basically it is for your own use. That's all there is to it. The only hitch is finding a doctor. I had to try three different doctors before one agreed, that is after he checked the status in the list via Internet right in front of me.

#24 John Barleycorn

• 142 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:12 AM

Last time, I looked, aniracetam was still under the customs/TGA radar.

#25 egeek

• 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

I just ordered Aniracetam, Piracetam, and CDP Choline from Nubrain. We'll see what happens. On this and other forums I have noticed others (post the 2008 scheduling of Piracetam) saying they had no problems getting the stuff through.

#26 egeek

• 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

I just ordered Aniracetam, Piracetam, and CDP Choline from Nubrain. We'll see what happens. On this and other forums I have noticed others (post the 2008 scheduling of Piracetam) saying they had no problems getting the stuff through.

I got it.

#27 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:07 AM

Has anyone had difficulties importing Memantine?

#28 enoch1

• 130 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

Hello All,
Just wondering what the status is for Oxiracetam import ? is that on the TGA/Customs prohibited list ? Isnt Piracetam banned completely last time I checked it was fine for personal use now do you require a prescription and where are this Articles clauses written in its hard to find anything about Piracetam on the TGA/customs website about prohibited items in detail !

cheers

#29 bosozok

• 30 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:48 AM

Hello All,
Just wondering what the status is for Oxiracetam import ? is that on the TGA/Customs prohibited list ? Isnt Piracetam banned completely last time I checked it was fine for personal use now do you require a prescription and where are this Articles clauses written in its hard to find anything about Piracetam on the TGA/customs website about prohibited items in detail !

cheers

You can try your luck or else get a doctor to write you a letter saying something like 'Joe Brains is taking ***** for his own personal use'. Your everyday GP won't prescribe it because its not on their list, but they most often agree to write a one line letter for piracetam if you ask.

#30 John Barleycorn

• 142 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:31 AM

You can try your luck or else get a doctor to write you a letter saying something like 'Joe Brains is taking ***** for his own personal use'. Your everyday GP won't prescribe it because its not on their list, but they most often agree to write a one line letter for piracetam if you ask.

The problem is that if customs seize it with no prescription attached, you will still have to jump through major hoops to get your delivery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users