Photo
- - - - -

In what order should I add Nootropics?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 warewolf

• 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 01:11 AM

I'm pretty much new to the nootropic scene but have been doing alot of research over the last month (alot of it from these forums). I've come up with a stack that I'd like to use but since I'm on a budget (wife and 2 kids) I was thinking of buying one thing at a time. I figure this way I'd also be able to experiment with each added nootropic to reach the optimal dose and to see the difference each one offers. My question to those of you who are experienced in the field pertains to the order in which I should add each one.

Ortho-Mind
Essential Mix
Piracetam
ALCAR
R+ Lipoic Acid
Theanine 100
Super EPA/DHA
Aniracetam
CoQ10 Q-Sorb

These are all products purchaseable from RelentlessImprovement.org and would like to stick with them. Basically what I want first is the product that will give me the best results for the money. Please feel free to critique my selection as well.

Thank You!

#2 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:11 AM

Not all of those are nootropics:

Essential Mix
R+ Lipoic Acid
Super EPA/DHA
CoQ10 Q-Sorb

those are not.

IMHO basic health comes before....else.

I would do those above first. Then nootropics.

You've made good choices above (the non-nootropics) BTW--in my opinion.

You might add....more vitamin C .e.g another 500 mg/day. Other then that start taking that and see how you feel then add nootropics.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:18 AM

Go with the essentials first:

Essential Mix
Super EPA/DHA

Then the rest:

Ortho-Mind (has ALC, R-Lipoic, and L-Pyroglutamic acid)
Theanine

What area of cognition do you want to enhance the most?

As far as CoQ10 unless you have a heart gum, or Parkinson’s disease I would go with Idebenone instead.

#4 warewolf

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:36 AM

IMHO basic health comes before....else.

I agree completely and will certainly be focusing more on that. I used to work-out on a regular basis and love the way I feel once I get into a routine. I'll be starting my routine again next week.

What area of cognition do you want to enhance the most?

Its hard to pick only one aspect that I would like to enhance, but I suppose what I'm trying to achieve is based more on learning. I think I have symptoms of ADD but know that alot of it can come from lack of sleep, exercise, nutrition, etc. I'm 27 and working at a Walmart Warehouse on the weekends (3/12 hr shifts) to support my family while my wife finishes school. During the week I'm a full-time dad. I find myself exhausted frequently and consume caffeine on a regular basis but wish to get away from that. Once my wife finishes school (in a month) I'll be focusing on a business my friend and I have been trying to put together. This is where I've been noticing my lack of cognitive skill. I try to read books to learn more about running a business but by the time I'm into the second chapter I feel like I'm reading nonsense. We go to meetings to talk to people who will help us get the business going (accountants, lawyers, investors) and I find myself losing focus if they talk about something for too long. I know I'm doing it and try to bring myself back but it only makes it worse. My imagination is pretty good but not anything like it used to be when I was younger. I've also found the mental visualization for me is vague. I like to play role-playing games (yes I'm a D&D geek) for the creative outlet it gives me, but I find that visualizing the scene is an ability I lack. Also, on a bit more extreme note, when I was in my experimenting phase, LSD was a drug that I came across quite frequently. Sure I'd get the swirly visuals and pulsing colors, but I never had an experience with it that made me see something that wasn't there (like many of my friends did). I did alot of philosophical thinking but could never fall into the mind-trips that would occur when you close your eyes. Anyway, I've made this longer than expected but I'm beginning to feel like I'm losing a peace of something and as I approach closer to 30, have a sense of desparation to hold on to it. Hopefully this helps in discerning what would best benefit me. The rest I leave to you [thumb]

Thanks again!

#5 singularist

• 19 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:43 PM

I don't want to be the first person to say this, but I am starting to feel that people are plugging "relentlessimprovements.com" There are a few accounts that seem to go off and on about "relentlessimprovements.com"

Pearce

#6 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 07:11 PM

Not that I'm on their payroll, but just for a little balance in the force: I've had good experiences with QHI. (This probably goes without saying.)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 warewolf

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:28 PM

I don't want to be the first person to say this, but I am starting to feel that people are plugging "relentlessimprovements.com" There are a few accounts that seem to go off and on about "relentlessimprovements.com"

Pearce

Heh, I'm not sure if you think this to be a good thing or a bad thing but I find it funny that you plugged "relentlessimprovements.com" twice in your own post. My mention of them however was simply from what I've read on their site and the obvious dedication they have to provide a good product and pertinent information about each one. I learned alot just from their site. I even got an e-mail from Pete just from this thread and he's seems to be a pretty nice guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users