* * * * * 2 votes

Musical nootropics

music auditory perception tone oxiracetam

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 BLimitless

• 218 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hi guys, I'm looking for nootropics and herbs that specifically boost musical enjoyment & creation. Previously I used to smoke a lot and it massively jacked up my perception of audio. I would smoke while playing a song and I would notice the following effects via nicotine:
  • Sharpened concentration on the music
  • A sensation of dissolving into the music, the music breathing through you
  • Euphoria directly modulated by the ups and downs of the music
  • Heightened emotional modulation also in synchrony with the music
  • Clear sounding audio: the feeling of bass rumbles would be more resonant, the thwack of a snare would be sharp
Keeping in mind that these effects were most pronounced after a period of abstinence and very carefully timed inhalation patterns. If I breathed in and took a puff at the wrong time, it would totally switch the euphoria off. So it was quite a meditation for me, and over time I learnt to fully dissolve into the ecstasy by maintaining a specific silence.

Also I would smoke other herbs. The other herbs created these very same effects yet it did not require the timed breathing patterns. Not only that but the effect was more pronounced: when a cigarette is smoked the nicotine peaks very fast and quickly tapers off. What does that say about the action of nicotine vs these other 'herbs'?

I no longer smoke or want to smoke, and I really miss that effect. I understand that it seems to all revolve around modulating the a7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor for nicotine (please see this thread). Anyone have experience regarding this? But I still do not yet know what mechanism of action other "herbs" act to produce such specifically musical euphoria. What's more, the euphoria on "other herbs" is sustainable and capable of being induced at will, as I am sure some of you are aware; as if it opens the channel for neurotransmitters to simply flow easier.

#2 Heh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Racetams (Piracetam, Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, maybe Pramiracetam, and maybe Noopept) help with music enjoyment and creation.

Edited by Joel, 20 December 2012 - 03:49 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 LBGSHI

• 347 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

From just about every anecdotal report (including my own), oxiracetam takes the cake in this effect. You will notice the difference the same day you take it.

#4 NootropicsPowWow

• 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Try a solid Noopept (2mg)/pill complex. lso contains choline, Ur-dine-5'-monophosphate and DAME. Combined they sharpen your senses and allow you to focus longer and have more mental energy, to write new lyrics and chords as you play. Best of luck with your music! Noopept is shown to be 1000 times more powerful than Piracetam, learn more about Piracetam benefits at http://dynamiclifenu...o_piracetam.htm

Recommended: http://dynamiclifenu...nfo_noopept.htm
  • dislike x 4

#5 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

What instruments do you play?
have you considered psychedelics? 4-aco-dmt will without a doubt make you more creative

#6 MangekyōPeter

• 171 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Yeah 4-AcO-DMT will definitely make you both enjoy listening to and creating music at a much higher level than baseline

#7 noopeptisgood

• 76 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

When it was effective for me, oxiracetam greatly increase my appreciation of music and my ability to discern and distinguish between sounds.

#8 BLimitless

• Topic Starter
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

Thanks for the responses. I already take piracetam, noopept. I have some aniracetam and oxiracetam too. I could not really tell much about the oxiracetam from my limited experience; I have only taken it a few times here and there. Will order some in bulk to isolate the effects; it certainly did give quite an interesting edge to sound.

Presently I'm just learning guitar and some digital musical production too. It's on the back burners for now as I have some more pressing projects but it's all good either way. I'm trying to avoid psychedelics; in fact what I truly want to do is recreate the auditory effects of psychedelics without any psychedelics. So I was looking less for suggestions (which are greatly appreciated and welcomed regardless) and more for an open dialogue on why things like tobacco and psychedelics alter musical perception for the better; the actual neural mechanisms implicated.

On the matter of psychedelic nootropics I read the thread about 2C-D (here) and my mind was blown, to say the least. As of now I do not feel I can explore these avenues safely however and indeed if I felt I could I would not even have made this thread. Rest assured I am intimately acquainted with the divine nature of sound regarding such things and it's this I wish to recreate in pure isolation.

Anyway just to give you guys an example - E.g. nicotine is well researched

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15740788
The shortened MMN latency may be interpreted as a reduction of the amount of time required to complete a neuronal mismatch process through the ascending auditory pathway."

http://www.frontiers....00044/abstract
Using tone-evoked current-source density (CSD) profiles, we show that nicotine produces complex, layer-dependent effects on spectral and temporal processing that, broadly speaking, enhance responses to characteristic frequency (optimal) stimuli while simultaneously suppressing responses to spectrally distant stimuli. That is, nicotine appears to narrow receptive fields and enhances processing within the narrowed receptive field.

You can find many such papers. They tend to revolve around the alpha-7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor and how stimulating it causes one's attention to be focused sharper onto the object of interest. I know psychedelics aren't really so well researched due to prohibition but I have seen many papers floating around on crazy research chemicals and I'm sure we could put 2 and 350 together and get a good picture of what's up.

Edited by BLimitless, 22 December 2012 - 09:33 PM.

#9 Sir Chugalot

• 31 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

When it comes to the Racetams my own experience is that i get the most benefit from Aniracetam, it's hard to describe the effetcts but it's like crisper and warmer sounds across the entire audio spectrum, I've often thought if i was a music producer I'd use that stuff all the time.

Pira has a similar effect but to a lesser extent.

Oxi, now if when it comes to sounds at higher frequencies, this comes into it's own and it's superior to the other two, however the downside (for me at least) is it comes at a cost of the bass, it's like your focus is only on the treble. Maybe if classical is your bag that's the winner, but if you like a feisty drum and bass selection (and who doesn't) it's got it's drawbacks.

Edited by Sir Chugalot, 22 December 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#10 LBGSHI

• 347 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Oxi, now if when it comes to sounds at higher frequencies, this comes into it's own and it's superior to the other two, however the downside (for me at least) is it comes at a cost of the bass, it's like your focus is only on the treble. Maybe if classical is your bag that's the winner, but if you like a feisty drum and bass selection (and who doesn't) it's got it's drawbacks.

That may be accurate. However, I've always preferred classical music, and although that doesn't change when I take oxiracetam, I've noticed that I also enjoy bass more than previously (or tolerate it more).

#11 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

I agree with oxiracetam super focusing bass and aniracetam seems to improve my musical skills aswell as my musical perception a whole lot.

#12 sarahdub

• 19 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

@epiqmind
I'm sorry, but that noopept product you've linked to (and are likely selling) is waaaaaay over-priced. That's a huge rip-off.

#13 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

i bought my noopept off ebay. definitely the cheapest price i found anywhere

#14 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:18 AM

very interesting thread. any new contributions to it, greatly appreciated!

#15 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:01 AM

ok i looked more into this, there arent any reports about racetams but its always drugs like weed, opiates, alcohols and various stimulants and downers that help enhance audio perception. now, thats kind of sad really, but it makes sense since artists are always using illegal shit to get the job done.

now seriously, is it that bleak we cannot find more reliable naturally legal stuff to help us enhance our ear for sound?

#16 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:56 AM

NSI-189 for me.

But this will depend if your musical appreciation is somewhat clouded by depression or some other condition causing muted emotional responses.

#17 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:06 AM

I am a compositor, I've several albums out there:

Http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/73320-music-under-influence-of-drugs-sober-and-nootropics/

I've been always trying compounds that helps me while I'm playing and creating music. The best, in my experience, are magic mushrooms, LSD and very high caffeine doses.

Noopept doesn't help much, Piracetam is inconsistent, one day works, next one it doesn't. Benzos, Nicotine, Weed... They sure enhace your creativity, but make you prone to commit mistakes.

Alcar and CDP-choline helps you concentrate and work longer. The only nootropic that works for me is Himalaya Mindcare, is just awesome for mental performance and intelligence, but it will make you tired, depressed and non productive.

A song under piracetam, alcar, cdp:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=MHUp3tF62Wo

I play all the instruments here, some of them are MIDI but no programmed, like the drums and keys.

A song under herbal blends, incluying mindcare and imperial adaptogen:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=0xBoIvLWk9o

All the instruments are virtual and programmed.

This I made it under noopept, polygala and rhodiola:

https://m.soundcloud...iam-sterog/jinx

The guitar is the only real instrument, the others are virtual and programmed.

Edited by William Sterog, 27 July 2016 - 11:11 AM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#18 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:37 PM

NSI-189 for me.

But this will depend if your musical appreciation is somewhat clouded by depression or some other condition causing muted emotional responses.

yeh apathy sucks when it comes to music, all blunted dont really feel it. but im more interested in things that enhance connection and awareness for detail, like if you listen to something like autechre and get lost even though i do not think they are musicians more like programmers, the idea to sense each sound in the structure can be enticing. how do you think NSI-189 helps with that?

#19 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2021 - 05:24 PM

Ginkgo boosts BDNF, you will know if it works if it feels like the music you listen to has slowed down or in slow motion, that means your brain is working faster and better.

Edited by kurdishfella, 11 February 2021 - 05:24 PM.

#20 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2021 - 04:59 PM

Listening to low volume music can improve brain because you need to focus harder with your ears or listening to certain hz frequencies the most used is like around 440hz. And looking at small objects trying to make it out can benefits focus . focusing on breath. On touch overall . smell etc all benefit somehow. Heard of blind people having better listening skills and better at convos if u lose a sense others get stronger but how much is about balancing everything maybe people just dont use their senses much. and during sleeping increases counciousness so when you do somth its amplified in strength accidently like snore make a vibration which causes things to move with sound

Edited by kurdishfella, 13 March 2021 - 05:02 PM.

#21 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2022 - 08:44 AM

It's not something you can really force with chemical means it has to come naturally if you want to enjoy music you will. 

And when you do there's more to music than just listening you can use it for many things like seducing people legally of course. Music can trick the brain. When I am in a emotional moment I learned to get song ideas and collect the thoughts to save for later production of music.

Music like Earth is feminine by nature to nurture and be born to live. more than Half the biggest thing on Earth and in universe are feminine naturally and rest  are masculine . Only two polar opposite of everything as language. Vegan diet feminine so females deal better on it.

Edited by kurdishfella, 21 May 2022 - 08:57 AM.

#22 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 12:35 PM

30 mg off mdma is something I would try I remember trying a low dose in the past for social anxiety while it had the simulator potency off amt I never tried it to change music perception

Alcar puts me more in “sync” with music when combined with stimulants

#23 EvaWhite

• 35 posts

Posted 17 July 2022 - 05:10 PM

I get this feel from piracetam. I get it overseas from highstreetpharma and it's good.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#24 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2022 - 02:37 PM

materialism can affect music make it hit better in your head sort of like sex.

so avoid meditation. 

Edited by kurdishfella, 23 October 2022 - 02:40 PM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, auditory perception, tone, oxiracetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users