• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

The Barshop Institute has a YouTube Channel

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 reason

• Guardian Reason
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Do you ever feel like modern technology is speeding past you? You finally have the boxes that now sit where a VCR used to just about figured out, and suddenly it's all YouTube channels instead. A person has only so much attention per unit time to give the world, and the world is populous, filled by people intent on building new technologies, new choices, new ways of doing things. The scope of casual familiarity will ever shrink in comparison to the scope of the possible - and there's nothing wrong with that. It's a sign of progress.

It's actually been some years since having a video distribution channel became de rigueur for any organization much past its first couple of months of life. From what I've seen of video-related entrepreneurial activities of late, you should expect the pervasiveness of video to greatly increase over the decade ahead: it's very effective for many uses, and it has become quite cheap to produce. That cost continues to fall.

It was pointed out to me earlier this week that the Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies has a YouTube channel. I'm not sure why I was surprised - why shouldn't such a thing exist? Indeed, isn't it more the case that I should be surprised to find out that an institution of this size didn't have a video channel running somewhere? As an example what is uploaded there, you might have a look at this presentation:

Some discussion of Alzheimer's disease starts in the middle around 38:04, under the heading "Is there such a thing as AD?" if you want to leap right in.

<br> <br>View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users