• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

HELP! How to restore downloaded movie in Chrome?

closed window

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

I downloaded a movie and accidentally closed the window in Google Chrome. Is there a way to restore it without having to download it again?

In Netscape, I used to know how to do it via settings and then view files. It shows all cache and you can get it there. But how to do it in Chrome?

Edited by xEva, 04 March 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#2 scottknl

• 421 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

In Chrome browser Ctrl-J gives you downloads and you should be able to see where the file downloaded from there. Good luck.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 xEva

• Topic Starter
  • 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Thanks for prompt response, but there is nothing in the downloads file. It was a "watch online" window. and in Netscape, this would go into cache. I found the cache folder for Chrome, but all the content is the same file type, "file". One needs an application to open it. So, I tried to open the largest "file" with Chrome, but the damn thing said "access denied". This is really annoying.

I think what I should have done was to disconnect from the internet and then restore the window. This would force it to load from cache.

Oh well, too late now.

Netscape too, I think, now limits people's access to cache. One could lift all sort of content from there.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

If you install and boot up in Ubuntu, you might be able to access the cache. Or contact netscape support and ask them how to get what you paid for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users