Photo

Shipping to Germany

germany customs shipping

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DamnedOwl

• 120 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

Good day to all forum members; although this topic is aimed mostly at those who are living or have lived in Germany and have experience with shipping nootropics into the country, in particularly with regards to successfully getting shipments through customs.

In short, I'm looking for any kind of advice.

I recently moved from the Netherlands where I don't recall encountering any significant problems with customs apart from the odd tax levy.

I've already had one shipment of vitamins and minerals (from the US) stopped, and it wasn't until I went to the local customs office that I could pick this shipment up (in exchange for €10 import tax). Having since read about the general difficulty with getting items past customs, I feel grateful that I was at least able to pick it up at all and that it wasn't confiscated.

However, this shipment was 'just' vitamins, and now that I've ordered some sulbutiamine (among other (possibly controlled?) substances), I'm concerned that there's a good chance that it won't get through. This shipment is also coming from the US.

So, to my Germany-dwelling friends, any advice or tips on how to generally go about this? For example, are parcels shipped from certain countries more likely to get through customs? (Actually my limited experience with this would already suggest so as I've already had supplements coming in from the UK without any problems). Should I keep orders to under a certain weight (say 1kg)?

My longer term concern is that I'm going to struggle to get hold of items such as modafinil in the future, and although I rarely take much more than 100mg per day five days a week, it is a substance I've come very much to rely upon in order to tolerably function, and the thought of returning to my pre-modafinil days fills me with dread.
  • like x 1

#2 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Hey there, fellow german ( or nederlander?) :)

I just encountered the same problem - made the mistake to order noopept from a well known and reviewed US - Online-store. I had it shipped via "flat-rate usps - tracked shipping". Now on the track & support website regarding my order it says:

"Addressee requests own pick-up - Item being held, addressee being notified"
- so I guess I'm in the same situation as you've been before. Not sure if I should pick it up if they ask me, or just deny the whole thing... just in case. Guess I'll whait for their letter and see. German customs are a fucking bitch though, no doubt about that! :)

Personally, I just won't order from an US or Asian shop again, it is much more likely that customs at least check your order, let alone confiscate it. From my experience a few trusted uk-shops are much safer ( ordered a few ractemas from them and never had a problem even once till now).
It's weird though, because the UK are not even complying to certain EU-trade rules, still it seems much safer to order from UK than from US!

The only downside is, that to my knowledge a certain few nootropics can only be found in US stores. However, I a have a list of good and trusted UK/EU suppliers.

Do you know if I'm allowed to post links to shops here? Otherwise I could send you a pm if you want?

Bis denne! :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 DamnedOwl

• Topic Starter
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Many thanks for the feedback Chris. Really appreciated!

I think you're allowed to post links to sites - well, at least I've seen enough of them in other threads. But please feel free to send me them by pm if you'd prefer that.

Your experiences with shipping from the UK tally with mine (albeit limited as mine are), and so I think I'll begin to turn my attention that way (or homeward, I should say, since I'm originally from England by the way).

But, of course, I expect this to be considerably more expensive! Still, a reliable delivery method is fast becoming a greater priority than cost savings right now.

#4 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Allright, mate! :)

Well if you are from the UK at least you should be used to shitty healthcare-restrictions and dumb import-laws, right? In that regard I guess germany and the UK are the worst examples in the whole world ;)

But, of course, I expect this to be considerably more expensive! Still, a reliable delivery method is fast becoming a greater priority than cost savings right now.

Why would it be? shipping from UK or EU is definetely cheaper and from what I've seen some UK shops are even cheaper than their US counterparts regarding nootropics...

Guess I'll send you a pm, and anyone else who'd like the list for that matter. I don't like to openly post this since maybe someone customs-related might read this and turn it into a nice little blacklist ;)

PMing you right now, Damnedowl!

#5 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Just wanted to add this:

The above mentioned order of noopept, which is being held by german customs right now, was ordered from newstarnootropics.

BUT today the piracetam I ordered from them arrived no problem. It even has a label on the side which clearly says what it is - 100g of Piracteam. Still there's also a green sticker on top of the label which reads "Von zollamtlicher Behandlung befreit" which roughly translates into "Cleared off customs-inspection".

While of course happy, I don't have a clue as to why noopept would be confiscated, while piracetam passes? I was under the impression that piracetam is classified as medication in germany , which is illegal to import, while noopept hasn't been cassified in any way yet? Or maybe that's the problem.

And by the way:
It is very well possible that if I did actually go to customs myself to pick up my order (like they asked me to in the letter I received), they would just let me have it, and I can take it home without any negative consequences.
But still I won't take that risk and deny the order, like I have been advised to in many german forums, so I won't have to pay a 35€ fine if things do go south...

Edited by chris106, 25 March 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#6 Borega

• 22 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

From my exp. shipments from the US and from Asia usually cause trouble. I am suprised to see that ur piracetam made it through!
For the future id sudgest to order inside the EU. This shouldnt be a problem and the prices are nearly the same if you search right!
as for the noopept the prly assume its some kind of drug (as for the small amount it likley is) and have to test it before you can have it...
See my post on my noopept that i bought. Its cheap, legit and comes from the netherlands and should make no problem to get to germany (didnt for me)

#7 DamnedOwl

• Topic Starter
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Just wanted to add this:

The above mentioned order of noopept, which is being held by german customs right now, was ordered from newstarnootropics.

BUT today the piracetam I ordered from them arrived no problem. It even has a label on the side which clearly says what it is - 100g of Piracteam. Still there's also a green sticker on top of the label which reads "Von zollamtlicher Behandlung befreit" which roughly translates into "Cleared off customs-inspection".

While of course happy, I don't have a clue as to why noopept would be confiscated, while piracetam passes? I was under the impression that piracetam is classified as medication in germany , which is illegal to import, while noopept hasn't been cassified in any way yet? Or maybe that's the problem.

And by the way:
It is very well possible that if I did actually go to customs myself to pick up my order (like they asked me to in the letter I received), they would just let me have it, and I can take it home without any negative consequences.
But still I won't take that risk and deny the order, like I have been advised to in many german forums, so I won't have to pay a 35€ fine if things do go south...

Hmm...the plot thickens... :-D

And you haven't had to pay any kind of import tax on the piracetam either?

#8 DamnedOwl

• Topic Starter
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

From my exp. shipments from the US and from Asia usually cause trouble. I am suprised to see that ur piracetam made it through!
For the future id sudgest to order inside the EU. This shouldnt be a problem and the prices are nearly the same if you search right!
as for the noopept the prly assume its some kind of drug (as for the small amount it likley is) and have to test it before you can have it...
See my post on my noopept that i bought. Its cheap, legit and comes from the netherlands and should make no problem to get to germany (didnt for me)

Thanks! Noopept making the short journey from the Netherlands sounds extremely promising!

#9 AstralStorm

• 94 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

Similar issue here, instead to Poland and with some extra stupid government crackdown on "collectibles". Polish custom office can be even more of PITA due to our high taxes.

I was reluctant to order Piracetam directly, but now I found that it's sold directly from Czech Rep. or Slovakia (one of those), original UCB Geratam. (same as Nootropil)
DocSimon, but it's quite expensive, even 33% more expensive than usual prescription Biotropil (locally made) here.

I'd like some cheaper, clean source. The other interesting things to get would be selegiline (took it in the past for some dumb medical reasons, loved it), the other racetams (specifically pramiracetam and aniracetam) as well as other stuff like choline, l-glutamic acid, DMAE etc. Preferably in one place, I hate to receive that much mail. I dislike couriers even more than mail - as then I'd have to get it at work and this brings... unwanted attention. Backwards society, you know.

Nootropics.eu site only offers courier delivery unfortunately. (EMS would be acceptable - this results in normal post delivery.)
At least DocSimon is super fast and uses normal post which can hold packages until evening - I've had delivery below a week. Pity they don't offer a reasonable potassium supplement or many other useful substances.

Edited by AstralStorm, 28 March 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#10 AstralStorm

• 94 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Ah, I meant Nicergoline (Sermion, Adavin, Nicergolin) not Selegiline. Whoops.
This, like all piracetam is prescription only here. Unlike piracetam, it's also prescription only in Czech.

Edited by AstralStorm, 29 March 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#11 DamnedOwl

• Topic Starter
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Just as a follow up:

The package that I was concerned wouldn't get through customs arrived today.

Stamped as being cleared by customs (Zollamtlich abgefertigt).

Quite relieved really.

It was sent on March 4th so it's taken about 5 weeks altogether.

#12 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2022 - 05:05 AM

There should be a main thread for throughout guide with shipping.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#13 EvaWhite

• 35 posts

Posted 17 July 2022 - 05:16 PM

Highstreetpharma has EU-EU shipping also, I think you can also check with them to avoid customs headaches. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: germany, customs, shipping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users