• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Why does Aniracetam/Pramiracetam/etc make me tired?

aniracetam pramiracetam

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Heh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

For example, Piracetam causes headaches due to a need for more choline, and causes irritability due to lowering blood sugar, and can be solved by adding L-Glutamic Acid. Stiff joints from Resveratrol are caused by the aromatase inhibitor action and can be solved with Vitamin D or DHEA. Etc. In that same way, what about aniracetam/pramiracetam/etc causes me to become tired, and what can be done to remedy the issue? Also, what would be the cause of any heightened anxiety, and what can be done about that?
  • dislike x 1

#2 norepinephrine

• 219 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

Adrenal fatigue and magnesium deficiency are two routes I'd pursue. I'm in somewhat the same camp, though taking adaptogenic herbs have slightly improved my response to piracetam and Noopept. Can't really do chronic dosages of either, though.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 peakplasma

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

Do you take choline at the same time as the racetam? This may make you sleepy.

Try to take the choline sometime after the racetam and at night before you sleep or try ALCAR as your choline source.

#4 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

Try to take the choline sometime after the racetam and at night before you sleep or try ALCAR as your choline source.

Seconded. Recetams give persons head aches or make them sleepy if not enough choline is available. I am the later and personally take CDP Choline. CDP breaks down into choline and Uridine.

#5 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

It could be due to a variety of reasons why aniracetam/pramiracetam could be making you drowsy or tired. I personally never experienced this but I had been taking Piracetam for some time before adding either of these to my stack, so I think it could be due to you becoming adjusted to the new chemicals and the stimulation of your ACh receptors.

Or it could be due to taking too high of amount of choline causing your drowsiness as I noticed that when I took too much alpha gpc that I became extremely tired and drowsy. As others have said that not enough choline could be the cause of this as well.

How much choline are you taking, as well as pramiracetam/aniracetam?

#6 Heh

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Yea, I'm aware of this one. I don't take/need choline, but when I do I take away from the racetams.

#7 JohnnyP

• 255 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Maybe Centro/DMAE would help?

#8 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Alcar is no choline source. It donates only acetyl to acetylcholine.

#9 peakplasma

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

Alcar is no choline source. It donates only acetyl to acetylcholine.

You are right "choline source" is a misnomer but cholinergic typically refers to acetylcholine in the neurological sense. So in this context choline source is not wrong (unless we're arguing semantics).

#10 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

I got my new batch of Aniracetam a few days ago, 2kg of it from Sun Nootropic.

Since taking it, I have been incredibly tired during the day, even after a full nights sleep. I just woke up after 8 hours sleep, and I feel like I'm going to fall asleep in my chair. Is this lack of choline? I ran out of CDP-Citicoline a couple of weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for my new batch to be delivered. Should I stop the Aniracetam until it arrives, or will I adjust to it and stop feeling sleepy? I read somewhere that it is common to get sleepy for the first couple of weeks when taking Aniracetam (can't remember where, though), so is it just that, or the lack of Choline, or both?

As for the doses I have been taking, is 750mg three times per day spaced 5 hours apart. I have been taking my Piracetam for a couple of weeks now without any choline since I ran out, and have felt fine, no headaches whatsoever (2.4g doses three times a day, 5 hours apart), and no sleepyness, so I know it has to be the Aniracetam that is causing it as nothing else in my stack or diet has changed.

I have tried taking Caffeine pills or Modafinil, but they don't seem to help *at all*, which is bizzare, since Modafinil is prescribed specifically for Narcolepsy - and that's almost what this feels like, I feel like I can just drop down and sleep wherever I am, sometimes I can barely keep my eyes open. Yesterday I actually fell asleep at the computer which I have never done before in my life, and slept for about 2 hours before waking up.

Is my dose too high, maybe?

Is it lack of Choline?

Or is it just an adjustment period for a couple of weeks that I need to push through?

Edited by Sunwind, 27 June 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#11 Heh

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

I'm trying Pregnenolone now to see if that helps kickstart these racetams.

#12 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Have you been taking Aniracetam for some time now? If you're just starting to take it, the fatigue could be due to you adjusting to the Aniracetam. Also depending on how much and when you are taking your choline source could potentially cause this for you Sunwind.

Your aniracetam dose looks perfectly fine, and you should consider taking a small amount of choline and see if this helps you a bit. But for the most part I'm fairly certain this is experience you are going through is due to you adjusting.
  • like x 1

#13 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

I have had 30g of it in the past, about a month ago, I think I might have had this fatigue then too, but I don't really remember, it was when I started taking Nootropics and instead of doing 1 at a time I went ahead and just took everything all at once, so I put the fatigue down to that. I only just got my 2kg batch the other day and have been taking it since then, so I think you must be right about adjusting to it, as I read somewhere else that there's a possible 2-week adjustment period when you first begin taking it. I haven't taken any today, and while I was fatigued in the AM, it has passed now and I feel mostly ok. I don't have my Citicoline right now, it's en-route and should be with me on Monday.

Even though I got no headaches or fatigue from Piracetam without Choline (for about 2 weeks now since I ran out of Choline), I believe Choline itself is a good nootropic to take on its own anyway? Correct me if i'm wrong though.

Edit: I just re-read my previous post and realized I've already said most of this already there

Edited by Sunwind, 27 June 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#14 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Choline is good in itself to take, a lot of drinks include some variant of choline in them for their basic cognitive benefits. Haha a 2kg bag will be fun, do you cap or make some drink to take your noots?

#15 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Choline is good in itself to take, a lot of drinks include some variant of choline in them for their basic cognitive benefits. Haha a 2kg bag will be fun, do you cap or make some drink to take your noots?

I just weigh it and dump it in my mouth, drink some water to get it down. Aniracetam just tastes like.. well, tasteless powder to me, like flour. Piracetam tastes like crap if it touches the back of my tongue though.

I am going to buy a capsule machine and start capping it though, because after a month of doing it this way it's getting tiresome weighing it out 3x times a day.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#16 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

Yea, that's the primary reason I started capsuling my powder. Look at the reviews for capsule machines, see what others say about the particular one you are interested. I bought two different capsule machines, one was a quick $20 flash purchase, and it worked a bit but I had to use a knife to get it to fit my capsules right. The second was a $200 machine that was absolute trash. I tried to use it with aniracetam, and the capsules either didn't close and the ones that did were crushed or bent horribly.

Overall with capsuling, it's best to do it by hand and skip the machines. But even this is going to take time (just like weighing out the powder for your current method), which is why I just purchase capsuled nootropics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aniracetam, pramiracetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users