• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Does piracetam lose efficacy after sustained use?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 velocidex

• 75 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:39 PM

There's conflicting reports around about whether you can take piracetam indefinitely and maintain the benefit, or whether it needs to be cycled (a few weeks on, then a few off) due to some sort of tolerance / loss of efficacy.

Anyone got anything to contrinbute on this issue?

#2 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:41 PM

I'd like to know the same about Ashwagandha and Rhodiola.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jubai

• 130 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:56 PM

I definetely seem to get some tolerance from piracetam...

#4 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:23 PM

Are you sure you even felt anything from it? How sure are you exactly?

#5 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

Maybe you just got used to it? From what I have read the longer you take piracetam the better

#6 jubai

• 130 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:50 PM

Well every time I start a cycle I get those rushes, 30-60 min after taking the piracetam, and I can slightly feel by brain getting more efficient, more airy.

After a while it gets difficult to actually feel the difference.

Although it would be dificult to know if I just got used of the effects... But my intuition is telling me it just works less after a while.

#7 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:12 PM

I wish I felt effects like you, but I never really noticed anything special even on 5 gr of Piracetam. But for last 2 months I've been taking ALCAR and Piracetam and that combination did make my mood better overall...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 mnosal

• 123 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:35 PM

I've been on between 2 & 4g Piracetam for 1.5yrs with no detectable loss of effect. For shits and giggles I dropped it about 3mos ago to see if it was still working. It became apparent only after 10days or so off.
I wouldn't say I got "stupid" but my typing got sloppy, my thoughs were faster than I could verbalize and I felt kinda "off". After 3days assault dosing I was back to enhanced mode and have stayed there since.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users