• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Centro + lion's mane + ALC, any need to take choline?

choline centrophenoxine alpha-gc lionsmane

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jsam

• 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

As above, if I am taking just centrophenoxine, lion's mane and acetyle l-carnitine, is there any need for me to take something like Alpha-GC?

Many thanks!

#2 zygotik

• 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

Hi jsam,

Centrophenoxine and ALCAR are both said to be acetylcholine receptor agonists, they raise choline levels, though not as directly as ALPHA-GPC. As far as I know Lion's mane is not cholinergic at all so you should not require a choline source for this as do people who regularly use a member of the racetam family- too much choline can cause depression, too little can cause headaches. I use piracetam and aniracetam so I take ALPHA-GPC as-needed. I also use Acetyl-L-Arginate (an adulterated version of ALCAR) but not usually on the same day I take Alpha-GPC.

If I were you I would try Centro and ALCAR separately and decide which you like best or alternatively you could take lesser amounts of both or even rotate your usage of the two. Lion's mane, just take the recommended dose and you should be good.

Cheers, Zyg

Edited by zygotik, 19 May 2013 - 08:10 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, centrophenoxine, alpha-gc, lionsmane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users