- - - - -

Racetams and Information Flow Across Hemispheres

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 jpars82

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:19 AM

We know that Piracetam facilitates the flow of information between the right and left hemispheres of the brain. My question is, do the others share the same action? I'm assuming that Oxiracetam does, with their structures being so similar. What about Aniracetam and Pramiracetam? Any comments or thoughts?

Josh

#2 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:05 AM

We know that Piracetam facilitates the flow of information between the right and left hemispheres of the brain. My question is, do the others share the same action? I'm assuming that Oxiracetam does, with their structures being so similar. What about Aniracetam and Pramiracetam? Any comments or thoughts?

Josh

Good question Josh

While Piracetam is the most studied racetam, most people assume the newer forms share all of its properties, yet are far more potent per mg. This effect is not very well proven in the newer forms in humans, but because the chemical structures are so alike it is inferred.

So my answer is they may based on some animal studies and the effects of similar molecules but it is not proven.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jeromewilson

• 153 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:54 AM

On the subject of racetams...

I've been thinking about augmenting piracetam with a touch of aniracetam. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good starting ratio / dose?

#4 wannafulfill

• 275 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:06 AM

Aniracetam gave me brain fog and did not help me. I suggest to start with low doses in the range of 100 mg and work your way up

#5 jeromewilson

• 153 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:45 AM

Ah, that's a bit of a downer. Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely start low.

#6 jpars82

• Topic Starter
  • 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for the response LifeMirage. I was thinking that Aniracetam possibly did not produce the same effect... or not to as great of effect. While I get unique benefits from Aniracetam. I don't believe it enhances my creative thought as much as Piracetam.

Josh

#7 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:02 AM

Thanks for the response LifeMirage. I was thinking that Aniracetam possibly did not produce the same effect... or not to as great of effect. While I get unique benefits from Aniracetam. I don't believe it enhances my creative thought as much as Piracetam.

Josh

Thank you for the feedback.

Perhaps Idebenone may produce an enhancement on your creative thoughts where Aniracetam has not.

Have you tried Oxi or Prami racetams?

#8 power.bulls.x

• 115 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 08:38 PM

i love mega dosing caffeine for test taking 400mg-200mg.

the probleme is that coffe make me frequent trip to bathroom to pie.

could vasopressin help me for this ?

#9 wannafulfill

• 275 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:32 PM

Or you could get caffeine from non liquid sources, ie straight caffeine anhydrous pills, which are readily available and are cheaper than coffee. You might want to try that rather than add another drug just to keep you from having to pee ;)

#10 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:13 AM

http://www.cannabis.net/weblife.html

"i love mega dosing caffeine" [huh]

#11 jpars82

• Topic Starter
  • 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:36 AM

Thank you for the feedback.

Perhaps Idebenone may produce an enhancement on your creative thoughts where Aniracetam has not.

Have you tried Oxi or Prami racetams?

Yeah, I might give Idebenone another try. I had tried it once before a couple years back, but couldn't tell if it helped because I was trying to many new supplements at the same time. Surprisingly, I haven't tried out Oxi yet.... but I did place an order last weekend, so I should be giving it a trial here shortly. I really can't wait to give Pram a try though. As soon as UNI gets it in stock, I'll be ordering some. Hopefully, some people on here will post and share different experiences they've had with Pram. After all, there aren't a whole lot of experiences and information about Pram.

#12 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:04 AM

Vasopressin has been shown to inhibit the urge to piss, so combine that with caffeine...

Of course, if your bladder ruptures, you will go into septic shock. Which is a Very Bad Thing.

#13 power.bulls.x

• 115 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:58 AM

Vasopressin this gear:i was unable to find this gear in italy.
oxiracetam,pyritinol(encefabol) arent sold in italy and that sucks ass.
i just find provigil @99euro 30*100mg,piracetam,hydergine aka hydergina

#14 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:12 PM

pbx06 look at US shops and order over internet

#15 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:41 PM

Vasopressin has been shown to inhibit the urge to piss, so combine that with caffeine...

Of course, if your bladder ruptures, you will go into septic shock.  Which is a Very Bad Thing.

Not exactly what happens.

Caffeine is a diuretic and vasopressin is also known as antidiurectic hormone (which would prevent you needing to pee by preventing your kidneys from excreting water into the ureters/bladder). What do you get when you combine them? A black hole?

I'm not certain. The concern is that if you are retaining more water in your body and you can't get rid of it, you could become hyponatremic which can result in seizures. How this plays out depends on the input/output balance of water over the time the vasopressin is in effect.

#16 mnosal

• 123 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:37 PM

Scottl, any firm estimate of Vasopressin's(Desmopressin) duration of effect?
My PDR states: Onset 1hr Peak Intranasal 1-5hrs.

Any knowledge on when it ceases its anti-diurectic function? Is it conditional in each individual for each administration or is there a reasonable setpoint where urine flow resumes each time.

#17 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:12 PM

Why don't you post the question for LifeMirage. I have no experience with it.

#18 velocidex

• 75 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:59 AM

We know that Piracetam facilitates the flow of information between the right and left hemispheres of the brain. 

I have real problems with this statement. DO we know this? This seems like an extraordinarily subjective statement, and one troublesome to prove. Can someone please point me in the direction of a controlled study which demonstrates this statement?

#19 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:12 AM

As far as the Pram goes, its by far my fav. Its effects are relatively very pronounced almost on day 1

#20 jpars82

• Topic Starter
  • 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:31 AM

I have real problems with this statement. DO we know this? This seems like an extraordinarily subjective statement, and one troublesome to prove. Can someone please point me in the direction of a controlled study which demonstrates this statement?

http://www.mezziah.o...racetam_raw.htm

This site displays a bunch of studies. One study is done by the Japanese concluding that Aniracetam facilitates interhemispheric transfer. I think there is also a study with Piracetam about interhemispheric transfer. It's hard to say how reliable or accurate any of these studies are though.

#21 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (jparsell82)
We know that Piracetam facilitates the flow of information between the right and left hemispheres of the brain. 

This effect has been well studied and the means to measure it as well in humans. period.

#22 velocidex

• 75 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:58 AM

Fair enough. I'm content with those studies. Just wondered how on earth you'd measure such a thing.

I'm a scientific person ;) I'm very skeptical of claims like that without evidence.

#23 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:11 AM

Fair enough. I'm content with those studies. Just wondered how on earth you'd measure such a thing.

I'm a scientific person  I'm very skeptical of claims like that without evidence.

I respect your stand, as it can be hard to determine if a claim is based on science or not. But a little research and understanding will light your path.

#24 chelovd

• 44 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:26 PM

I suspect measuring the flow of information between the left and right hemispheres is not such a difficult thing.

I was wondering if any of you know about Holosync? It's not a supplement. Do you think such devices work?

Also, I remember somebody mentioning several months ago that Hydergine produces an augmentation in the number of neurotransmitters, which are the conduit, so to speak, of information flow, I'm I right?

Another claim, I believe, was made that Hydergine's effective effect occurs not immediately, but 3 or 4 months later and on?

If anyone can disabuse me, I'll appreciate it. FYI, I'm a person as far from medical studies as the moon from the earth ;)

#25 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:21 AM

I suspect measuring the flow of information between the left and right hemispheres is not such a difficult thing.

I was wondering if any of you know about Holosync? It's not a supplement. Do you think such devices work?

Also, I remember somebody mentioning several months ago that Hydergine produces an augmentation in the number of neurotransmitters, which are the conduit, so to speak, of information flow, I'm I right?

Another claim, I believe, was made that Hydergine's effective effect occurs not immediately, but 3 or 4 months later and on?

If anyone can disabuse me, I'll appreciate it. FYI, I'm a person as far from medical studies as the moon from the earth 

Holosync I can't comment on, but no.

Hydergine taken in a good dose 5-20 mg can be effective in 1 hour at the soonest.

#26 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:57 AM

LifeMirage what kind of effect would happen if someone would take 20mg of hydergine at once? Something like amphetamines or...?

#27 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:51 PM

No, I would not compare it to that. Hard to describe depends on the person.

#28 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:58 PM

I'm tempted to try...maybe 10-15mg one of these days ;)

#29 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:52 PM

OK I did it :) I took 12 mg of liquid hydergine with 2 gr of piracetam, 100 mg of caffeine and 12mg of ephedrine and 400mg green tea. After half an hour felt so sleepy I had to get one hour nap. After a nap I feel...well like i always do
Not that I planned to use hydergine as recreational drug anyway

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 wannafulfill

• 275 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:10 PM

I wouldn't have taken it with those vasoconstrictors. Try it with just the piracetam and see how it goes.

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users