Photo
- - - - -

Opinions on my current regimen....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mnosal

• 123 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:01 PM

Male 34yrs all health factors good(BP,Cholesterol etc)

I dose everyday @ 7am/3pm/11pm:

Piracetam 3.6g (1200mg 3x)
Huperzine-A 150mcg (50mcg 3x)
Vinpocetine 30mg (10mg 3x)
Alpha GPC 200mg (100mg 2x*)
Selepryl 1mg

Bedtime everyday @ 11pm:

L-Arginine 3.3g
Ornithine alpha-ketoglutarate 1.6g
Gaba 5g
Alpha GPC(*2nd daily dose) 100mg
Pantothenic Acid(B-5) 125mg

Mon-Fri 2-3x day every 4hrs (pre-breakfast, pre-workout, evening classes):

Ephedrine HCL 25mg
Caffeine Anhydrous 200mg

Occasional use:

Desmopressin 20mcg

Does anyone see any potentially harmful components? timing conflicts? or redundancy?
Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

#2 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:42 PM

1. If you are not taking a multiple including (as part of or an addition) sufficient B vitamins, Vitamin C, E (mixed tocopherols), and fish oil....you should be.

2. If you are working out some form of joint prevention (glucosamine etc) might not be a bad idea.

3. The growth hormone bit eh?

Bedtime everyday @ 11pm:

L-Arginine 3.3g
Ornithine alpha-ketoglutarate 1.6g

If you are doing this for....muscle building purposes, don't waste your time, if for other...I defer to mroe knowledeable people.

4. Mon-Fri 2-3x day every 4hrs (pre-breakfast, pre-workout, evening classes):
Ephedrine HCL 25mg
Caffeine Anhydrous 200mg

Pre-workout is one thing, but...are you using this as weight loss...or???

NB: I'm biased against stims especially used..a stim before evening classes??

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mnosal

• Topic Starter
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:06 PM

As far as GH, Yes but not for muscle. It started out that way a year or so ago, but the real effects are more along the lines of: very deep restful sleep(no waking for pee breaks etc) and an overall positive effect on my body(hair,nails skin).

I really should get over the stims ;), the late day dose is "early"around 4:00pm to prevent sleep problems, but I agree that reliance on them is counterproductive to long term health. I quit coffee & soft drinks, so I used the Eph/caff as a crutch.

Oops...I should have included my dietary supps as well, Glutamine, MSM, E&C, Multivitamin, Flax seed oil and Fish blend.

#4 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 19 May 2005 - 10:53 PM

I can't sleep all night if i take more than 2 gr of gaba, never tried 5 gr at once ;)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 mnosal

• Topic Starter
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:37 AM

The 5g dose comes from the Milan studies. It seems to be the lowest dose necessary to produce the GH spike.

7. Effect of acute and repeated administration of gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) on growth hormone and prolactin secretion in man. Cavagnini F, Invitti C, Pinto M, Maraschini C, Di Landro A, Dubini A, Marelli A Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 93 (2): 149-154 (Feb 1980)"A single oral dose of 5 g gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) was given to 19 subjects and serial venous blood samples were obtained before and 3 h after drug administration. A placebo was administered to 18 subjects who served as controls. GABA caused a significant elevation of plasma growth hormone levels (P less than 0.001), but did not consistently alter plasma prolactin concentration since only 5 out of 15 subjects showed an increase of the hormone. Eight additional subjects were submitted to an insulin tolerance test before and after per os administration of 18 g GABA daily for 4 days. Protracted GABA treatment significantly blunted the response of growth hormone and enhanced that of prolactin to insulin hypoglycaemia (P less than 0.01). These results indicate that pharmacological doses of GABA affect growth hormone and prolactin secretion in man. The precise nature of GABA's effects as well as its mechanism of action remains to be clarified."

Sorry for the book ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users