* * * * * 1 votes

SR9009 shown to significantly improve endurance and skeletal muscle composition

sr9009 muscle endurance metabolic rev-erbα

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Rick82

• 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

A drug candidate designed by scientists from the Florida campus of The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) significantly increases exercise endurance in animal models, an international group of scientists has shown.

These findings could lead to new approaches to helping people with conditions that acutely limit exercise tolerance, such as obesity, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and congestive heart failure, as well as the decline of muscle capacity associated with aging.

The drug candidate, SR9009, is one of a pair of compounds developed in the laboratory of TSRI Professor Thomas Burris and described in a March 2012 issue of the journal Nature as reducing obesity in animal models.

Increased metabolic activity

The compounds affect the core biological clock, which synchronizes the rhythm of the body’s activity with the 24-hour cycle of day and night. The compounds work by binding to one of the body’s natural molecules called Rev-erbα, which influences lipid and glucose metabolism in the liver, the production of fat-storing cells, and the response of macrophages (cells that remove dying or dead cells) during inflammation.

In the new study, a team led by scientists at the Institut Pasteur de Lille in France demonstrated that mice lacking Rev-erbα had decreased skeletal muscle metabolic activity and running capacity. Burris’ group showed that activation of Rev-erbα with SR9009 led to increased metabolic activity in skeletal muscle in both culture and in mice. The treated mice had a 50 percent increase in running capacity, measured by both time and distance.

“The animals actually get muscles like an athlete who has been training,” said Burris. “The pattern of gene expression after treatment with SR9009 is that of an oxidative-type muscle — again, just like an athlete.”

The authors of the new study suggest that Rev-erbα affects muscle cells by promoting both the creation of new mitochondria (often referred to as the “power plants” of the cell) and the clearance of those mitochondria that are defective.

Scientists at the Institut Pasteur de Lille, TSRI, Université Lille Nord de France, and Maastricht University Medical Center were involved.

Upon searching, this compound is already being sold online, at what seems like an exorbitant price based on the number of mg/kg the mice in the study received. I have not read the actual study, and I'm interested in hearing what other members think of this compound and the pathways through which it works.
  • Informative x 1

#2 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:09 AM

If it works, it may be a candidate for a group buy...why only noots in group buys?
  • like x 1

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 Shorty

• 56 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Any human trials?
I'd be in for a group buy as long as it's proven to be free of major side effects.

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

Do we know the structure of the compound, and do we know the structure and purity of the version that's being offered for sale? I wonder what the long term consequences are for messing with your chronobiology? My gut instinct would be "not good", but you never know.

#5 Rick82

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

Here is the structure provided by the article:

Posted Image

The full text now seems to be freely available. They seem to have given the mice 100 mg/kg twice a day for 7 days. The site that has it for sale is selling 25 mg for $149 !! This appears to be totally out of the range of most members here.

This looks like it has a long way to go to reach human trials, and it would take a brave, rich soul to undertake a personal bioassay. Not to mention the likelihood that a purchase would attract attention.

I am sure gov militaries will be the first to jump on this one.

#6 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

Any reason why SR9009 is more advantageous than AICAR?

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 RJ23_1989

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

Do we know the structure of the compound, and do we know the structure and purity of the version that's being offered for sale? I wonder what the long term consequences are for messing with your chronobiology? My gut instinct would be "not good", but you never know.

+1

Remember GW501516?
Increased exercise endurance in mice about the same percentage, and ended up doing nothing in humans except for that little part about increasing the chance of stomach tumors..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

#8 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

BULK BUY

#9 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

Healthy body=Healthy mind

#10 oppenheimer82

• 54 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:48 AM

group buy?

#11 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:35 PM

1+

group buy?

#12 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:09 PM

http://www.ceretropi...-9009-solution/

#13 playground

• 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:06 PM

It's been two and half years since the last post to this thread.

Surely someone, somewhere has tried this drug by now.

Does anyone know of any sources for this compound ?

regards

PG :)

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#14 playground

• 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

+1

Remember GW501516?
Increased exercise endurance in mice about the same percentage, and ended up doing nothing in humans except for that little part about increasing the chance of stomach tumors..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

There's a wikipedia page on GW501516

See here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GW501516

By 2007, GW501516 had completed two phase II clinical studies and other studies relating to obesity, diabetes, dyslipidemia and cardiovascular disease,[11][12] but GSK abandoned further development of the drug in 2007 for reasons which were not disclosed at the time.[13] It later emerged that the drug was discontinued because animal testing showed that the drug caused cancer to develop rapidly in several organs, at dosages of 3 mg/kg/day in both mice and rats.[3][14][15]

Apparently the animals became lean and muscular....

with enhanced exercise capacity .....and a couple of cancers.

So naturally, the immediate temptation, is to wonder, whether there's a similar

cancer risk, with SR9009.

Edited by playground, 24 January 2018 - 08:17 PM.

• Disagree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sr9009, muscle, endurance, metabolic, rev-erbα

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users