Photo
- - - - -

Jeff is Leaving Smi2le

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jeromewilson

• 153 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:41 AM

For those of you who are interested, and don't already subscribe to the Smi2le mailing list, this just in...

Hello Friends, Family, Customers of Smi2le,

I am going into business with Mike Moskowitz, my med school roommate and a couple interested parties. We’re going to focus on a few bulk products at first working out of my large space in Brooklyn. I want to get a bunch of quality products and sell them cheaply – and enable Mike to have a life preserver in product availability by offering him very very low prices. Our basic tenet is, we go in on large orders. Those who invest get very low prices. My job is the TRUST, and also the coordination of buying and distribution of the bulk products. We will sell to individuals and companies and will do custom orders. My personal communications with the domestic and overseas suppliers (some of whom – some of the very best - Smi2le unfortunately owes a lot of money to) may help as well.

I had hoped to stay on as a partner, but Mike would like to stay as a sole proprietor. I would stay here and work for free, but I am 37 years old I’m supposed to get married this year and want at least to be able to get at least a small ring thank God her finger is small J Hopefully we can work out something where I stay on as a paid employee, but it doesn’t look possible at all at this point.

Although our order volume is now high, our product availability is rapidly depleting. I will be occasionally consulting for Mike but he is working again and deserves your support. When I started he had 5000 emails in his inbox, I got it down to single digits. I resolved thousands of dollars in debts. I’m here for several more days making sure that everything that was bought under my Paypal account (through last Wednesday) gets shipped out. I am also here unofficially for several more days resolving refunds and back orders – so if you’d like a timely resolution to anything outstanding, act ASAP. Thankfully, the fact that the order form was updated will eliminate a lot of his problems that he has had with back orders. Also, I didn’t understand why illegal products were on his order form months after they were declared illegal. He was ripe for another bust by the DEA. This risk has been elminated. Most of his problems were stemming from the fact that he never updated his order form, even as products got sold out, yet the credit cards were still being charged. This stopped, and I hope this doesn’t happen again. I think I may just come in every so often and do Mike’s inventory and update his order form.

Although I’m taking all references to me off the site, I’d like to re-iterate that Mike has been very good to me and has always paid his employees and associated friends. He paid me good money to help him stabilize. I see him starting to put some work into this again. He has been pretty stable since I’ve been here, but with me doing everything he didn’t have a lot of input. I wish him the best.

Jeff Whitmore

jeffwhitmore@aol.com

917-385-7963

Hmm, that doesn't bode well for Smi2le, I reckon.

#2 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:52 AM

Thats the end of smi2le.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:22 AM

Thats the end of smi2le.

Not only that, but Jeff it will not be easy building a business from scratch when there are already so many competitors (1fast400, CNW, uniquw nutrition, BAC). Not to mention someone who likes to libel the competition as a business strategy.

#4 haveblue

• 66 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:37 AM

Translation: Mike and Jeff broke up. Jeff is still hyping himself as a savior. Mike is a big boy and doesent need a mentor. He just wants to go back to having enough money to buy drugs and go to raves, and he's happy. As for the customers..eh..who needs em.

#5 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:31 PM

Was this mailing-list item received just recently? Perhaps, today, the 22nd?

#6 jeromewilson

• Topic Starter
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:20 PM

Here's an extract from the mail headers:

Received: from labtop (ool-43557ded.dyn.optonline.net [67.85.125.237])
by mta5.srv.hcvlny.cv.net
(iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 HotFix 1.25 (built Mar 3 2004))
with ESMTP id <0IGU005KMZKQWP@mta5.srv.hcvlny.cv.net> for
Smi2ledotBiz@yahoogroups.com; Sat, 21 May 2005 17:26:51 -0400 (EDT)

So it was sent yesterday evening. Why d'you ask...?

#7 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:37 AM

Interesting but not unexpected.

They have lost a great deal of funds and appear to be going the way of axiom.

I hope them the best either way.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 exigentsky

• 262 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:47 AM

Damn! I did great business with Jeff. He was very cordial, prompt and true to his word. I think he was what made Smi2le bounce back from hard times. With him gone, I don't think I will be reordering from them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users