Photo
- - - - -

New to Nootropics - Looking for Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jtcarlin

• 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:03 PM

I am 29 years old and since the age of 22 or so (when I graduated college - engineering) I have somewhat felt like my brain is in a fog. My long term memory is great, my inteligence is great but I have significant issues with focus and concentration. I would also like to greatly improve my reaction time. It often seems like my brain processes everthing in slow motion.

I currently and have for sometime taken the following:
Multi
B-Complex
Ginko
Calcium
Fish oil

About 3 months ago I was introduced to Nootropics and did some research and put myself on a stack of:
Piracetam - anywhere from 2.4g - 6g (experimenting with dosage)
Hydergine - 4.5mg (2.25 twice daily)
Centrophenoxine
GH3

I think this was a recommended synergistic stack from International Anti-aging. Nevertheless I have been doing this for a few months and I have noticed absolutely no effects. I have faith there is something out ther that can help but I need some help and suggestions.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

#2 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:20 PM

I am 29 years old and since the age of 22 or so (when I graduated college - engineering) I have somewhat felt like my brain is in a fog. My long term memory is great, my inteligence is great but I have significant issues with focus and concentration. I would also like to greatly improve my reaction time. It often seems like my brain processes everthing in slow motion.

I currently and have for sometime taken the following:
Multi
B-Complex
Ginko
Calcium
Fish oil

About 3 months ago I was introduced to Nootropics and did some research and put myself on a stack of:
Piracetam - anywhere from 2.4g - 6g (experimenting with dosage)
Hydergine - 4.5mg (2.25 twice daily)
Centrophenoxine
GH3

I think this was a recommended synergistic stack from International Anti-aging. Nevertheless I have been doing this for a few months and I have noticed absolutely no effects. I have faith there is something out ther that can help but I need some help and suggestions.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Stack's are not a good idea for a first timer...I would recommend Pyritinol 800-1,200 mg at once in the morning, usually it works very well, if not Idebenone can be helpful.

How's your diet, sleep, and stress levels?

Yours In Health

Edited by LifeMirage, 23 May 2005 - 04:55 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jtcarlin

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:49 PM

My diet is pretty good. Lately I have made vast improvements in it, trying to eat healthy and alot of anti-oxident rich foods. I try to keep my blood sugar as stable as possible because I am a bit on the hypoglycemic side.
I sleep fairly well - probably dont exercise enough. My stress levels are not high at all, although a few years ago they were very high, but not anymore. I am happy, have no depression or anything like that.

I dont know how to describe how I feel other than mentally tired and slow.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:39 PM

We could really use a stickied FAQ on these topics. I'd be willing to contribute, and be corrected where I lack knowledge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users