Photo
- - - - -

My Nootropic Regimen - changes or recommendations

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 blaise

• 47 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:12 PM

The following are taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I mix them all together in a blender with some Crystal Light and water:

Powerdrive which includes:
L-Tyrosine 3,000mg
Phosphatidycholine 1,000mg
DMAE Bitartrate 200mg
Ginkgo Biloba 200mg
B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride) 20mg

Piracetam 2,500mg – Bulk Nutrition
Aniracetam 500mg – BN
Acetyl-L-Carnitine 1,600mg – BN
Choline Citrate 1,000mg – BN
Rhodioal Rosea 500mg – BN
Chocamine 600mg mixed with coffee – BN

Bacopa 400mg – Custom Nutrition Warehouse
Vinpocetine ~ 30mg – CNW
Idebenone 500mg – CNW
Phosphadityl Serine 500mg – CNW
R-ALA 200mg – CNW
DL Phenylalanine 400mg – CNW
Sulbutiamine 500mg – CNW

I also take the all of these again (except the Powerdrive) later in the afternoon on an empty stomach.

Should these all be taken together on an empty stomach? I have heard conflicting information about this. If not which ones should I take with food, or take separately from each other? Should I cycle off any of these compounds?

Do you recommend that I get rid of any of these or replace them with something better? This stack can get really expensive, but money is not much of a concern when it comes to health. I just don't want to waste my time and money on compounds that do not work.

My goal is to increase short term and long term memory, problem solving, energy levels, social skills and general well being and health. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:27 PM

The following are taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I mix them all together in a blender with some Crystal Light and water:

Powerdrive which includes:
L-Tyrosine 3,000mg
Phosphatidycholine 1,000mg
DMAE Bitartrate 200mg
Ginkgo Biloba 200mg
B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride) 20mg

Piracetam 2,500mg – Bulk Nutrition
Aniracetam 500mg – BN
Acetyl-L-Carnitine 1,600mg – BN
Choline Citrate 1,000mg – BN
Rhodioal Rosea 500mg – BN
Chocamine 600mg mixed with coffee – BN

Bacopa 400mg – Custom Nutrition Warehouse
Vinpocetine ~ 30mg – CNW
Idebenone 500mg – CNW
Phosphadityl Serine 500mg – CNW
R-ALA 200mg – CNW
DL Phenylalanine 400mg – CNW
Sulbutiamine 500mg – CNW

I also take the all of these again (except the Powerdrive) later in the afternoon on an empty stomach.

Should these all be taken together on an empty stomach? I have heard conflicting information about this. If not which ones should I take with food, or take separately from each other? Should I cycle off any of these compounds?

Aniracetam, Vinpocetine, Idebenone, should all be taken with meals (or just add oil). Everything else is better on an empty stomach. You do not need to cycle them.

Do you recommend that I get rid of any of these or replace them with something better? This stack can get really expensive, but money is not much of a concern when it comes to health. I just don't want to waste my time and money on compounds that do not work.

Its a good combo, but you may want to add more choline donors (centrophenoxine, GPC, or CDP), try oxiracetam and/or pyritinol, and perhaps drop the powerdrive and add N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 500-1,000 mg.

My goal is to increase short term and long term memory, problem solving, energy levels, social skills and general well being and health. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Good goals you should be able to accomplish them.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:42 PM

Why the N-acetyl?

I thought regular L-tyrosine was more bioavailable and much less expensive

#4 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:21 PM

LOL Brooklyn I've been wondering that myself...I think we read the same thread....was it David Tolsen?

Well here is one:

http://forum.avantla...56&hl=tyrosine#

I'll skip the intranasal admin, but if it is good enough for LifeMirage, Par and Ergo...

#5 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:03 PM

LOL Brooklyn I've been wondering that myself...I think we read the same thread....was it David Tolsen?

Well here is one:

http://forum.avantla...56&hl=tyrosine#

I'll skip the intranasal admin, but if it is good enough for LifeMirage, Par and Ergo...

LifeMirage I greatly respect your take on supplements but I still wonder if this was a brain fart or do know something, that shows N-acetyl better then reg tyrosine?

Appreciate it if you can reply

#6 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:42 AM

BUMP for Life Mirage

thoughts on tyrosine

#7 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:43 AM

heh... N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine is an acetylated derivative of the essential amino acid L-tyrosine. Ordinary tyrosine is less stable and is insoluble in water, which may result in reduced bioavailability. Acetylation enhances the solubility and stability of certain amino acids.

#8 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:44 AM

Ordinary tyrosine is less stable and is insoluble in water

Less soluble maybe, but not totally insoluble. For anyone who has used it, neurostim (containing l-tyro) homogenizes nicely.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:02 PM

Less soluble maybe, but not totally insoluble. For anyone who has used it, neurostim (containing l-tyro) homogenizes nicely.

Correct, sorry for the error. I did a rush job answering this one.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is a more rapidly absorbed and bioavailable form of the amino acid L-tyrosine, and is less prone to urinary excretion.

Some people seem to reaction better with the Acetylated form, but its not a huge difference. Both will work fine in most.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users