What are some drugs like Buspar?

buspirone buspar

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SlimNm

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

Buspar agonizes 5HT1A right? And this is the opposite of what SSRIs do right?

What are other agonists of 5HT1A that don't have the potential to cause stuff like tardive dyskinisia, etc.?

For more insight on why I'm looking for this, check out this thread:

http://www.mindandmu...ead.php?t=42856

Edited by SlimNm, 24 August 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#2 mrd1

• 460 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

Partial Agonists/Unknown Efficacy Agonists[edit source | editbeta] Here are some that i think youll recognize i cutt out all the weird ones
5-MeO-DMT
Aripiprazole
Buspirone
Cannabidiol
Clozapine
Ergotamine
Ginkgo Biloba[70]
Haloperidol
Lysergide (LSD)
MDMA
Nefazodone
Psilocin
Psilocybin
Quetiapine
Rauwolscine
Trazodone
Yohimbine

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Wow, interesting thread on M&M. I think there were some good clues in there, particularly from the more senior people. I don't really recommend trying to tweak specific receptors. We just don't know enough about which one does what, how the drugs really work and what other effects they have. It would be different if you were a PhD psychopharmacologist... and even then it would have a significant element of crapshoot to it. You and some of the other posters in that thread are right at the age (later teens) when a lot of neural stuff is changing. When I was a kid, I could get VERY excited about a lot of things, and today that is a lot more rare. You might just be trying to be 14 again, to get "that last 5%". On the other hand, it sounds like you are continuing to improve, and that's a good sign, so don't take this to mean that you are totally screwed and might as well kill yourself or something. If the above isn't annoying enough, now I'm going to start sounding like your mom- About all those recreational drugs you've been doing... Opiods? Enough to make the walls feel fuzzy? Amphetamines? Seriously. That's some gnarly shit you're messing with, and it might have something to do with the way you're feeling today. I'm not discounting that Lexapro discontinuation had a negative effect on you, but there are a lot of other variables here.

As far as getting better, the magic tetrad is Diet, Exercise, Sleep, and Time. If something makes you feel great overnight, it's probably not going to last, and might even be making you worse. If you get your diet, exercise and sleeping habits right, and give yourself six months, you'll probably be fine. There may be a role for non-chemical psychotherapy here as well. All this is probably not what you really want to hear, so sorry about that. I do hope that you get better.

#4 mrd1

• 460 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

Oops my bad, I don't recommend anyone consume any of those substances. However, I merely wished to state those are compounded that are common that agonize 5-ht1a receptor.

#5 SlimNm

• Topic Starter
  • 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Oops my bad, I don't recommend anyone consume any of those substances. However, I merely wished to state those are compounded that are common that agonize 5-ht1a receptor.

DAMN IT, too late, I just mixed them all together in a cup and drank it. Is that bad? Also, there is a dragon trying to eat me. Is that bad too?
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#6 FocusPocus

• 225 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

Since both yohimbine and Buspar are 5ht1a agonists, what would happen if we take both together?

Yohimbine being an anxiogenic and Buspar an anxiolytic, I was wondering if taking them together would be synergistic in giving you focus without anxiety?

#7 the_apollo

• 153 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:00 AM

Buspar agonizes 5HT1A right? And this is the opposite of what SSRIs do right?

What are other agonists of 5HT1A that don't have the potential to cause stuff like tardive dyskinisia, etc.?

For more insight on why I'm looking for this, check out this thread:

http://www.mindandmu...ead.php?t=42856

Actually, SSRIs downregulate 5HT1A autoreceptors, not postsynaptic receptors.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 Guest_Funiture2_*

• Lurker

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:23 PM

Actually, SSRIs downregulate 5HT1A autoreceptors, not postsynaptic receptors.

Would an agonist also downregulate 5-HT1A receptors?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users