• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Illinois?

u of i chicago illinois

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lifeplus1

• 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

Hey is anyone here from Illinois? I'm currently a student at U of I. I'd be interested in meeting some like minded people in the area, and possibly getting involved in research or just general discussions / info sharing. If there are enough local people on here we should definitely hold a meet-up.

Edited by lifeplus1, 18 September 2013 - 02:51 AM.

#2 YOLF

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

Do you have access to a meeting room at your college? You could start by joining a meetup based out of San Diego that is open to anyone and have a video conference going on so you always have lots of people to meet and lots to talk about. It would help you build a following and get things started locally.

Good luck!

http://www.meetup.co...ents/144186102/

#3 seidojohn

• 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

I'm from Chicago, and would love to get involved in discussions or meetups with you fine people or anything like that. I don't have any formal training, so I'm not of any use where that's required, but I'm relatively intelligent and am interested in pretty much everything biology-related. If there were somewhere I could lend a hand, I'd likely be more than happy to do so.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 zeropoint

• 92 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

Count me in

#5 YOLF

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

Zeropoint, have you filled all of your profile? That's how we'll be finding people when we get this stuff going in the future. We're in the middle of transition to the Connect database and lots should start happening when we get there.

#6 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,055 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

See this discussion. We have some other people around the Midwest who would like to get together. We just need to pick a date. I am usually available to drive to Chicago over most weekends. Two weekends in the near future that do not work for me are April 11th-13th or April 25th-27th. Later May, early June, and much of July would be ok.

#7 zeropoint

• 92 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

Zeropoint, have you filled all of your profile? That's how we'll be finding people when we get this stuff going in the future. We're in the middle of transition to the Connect database and lots should start happening when we get there.

On my profile it says "Are you signed up for cryonics?" pardon my ignorance but I have no idea what this asking?

#8 Geekjock

• 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

I'm new to the forum and am from Chicago as well! Would love to meet you all.

#9 YOLF

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:58 PM

On my profile it says "Are you signed up for cryonics?" pardon my ignorance but I have no idea what this asking?

Cryonics is the practice of storing one's body at their time of death at liquid nitrogen temperatures. You can find links to learn more in this blog entry:

I'm new to the forum and am from Chicago as well! Would love to meet you all.

Welcome!

Edited by cryonicsculture, 01 May 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#10 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,055 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

See this discussion. We have some other people around the Midwest who would like to get together. We just need to pick a date. I am usually available to drive to Chicago over most weekends. Two weekends in the near future that do not work for me are April 11th-13th or April 25th-27th. Later May, early June, and much of July would be ok.

How about Friday evening July 25th or Saturday July 26th?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: u of i, chicago, illinois

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users