• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Avoiding Nightshades

allergies arthrities nightshade tobacco potato tomato peppers restriction ulcer rhinitis

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Turpin

• 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

My "allergy" to second-hand tobacco smoke had gotten so bad that it was causing vomitting. A friend of mine suggested I should avoid all nightshade family vegetables because tobacco is a nightshade and I might have sensitivities to all of them. I began avoiding all raw unprocessed nightshades (fresh or raw tomatoes, fresh or raw pepper) and all nightshades as a main ingredient (potato dishes, marinara or tomato sauce or ketsup).

Things have gotten better, so I plan to phase out all nightshades by not buying anymore, including processed foods that use small amounts for flavoring, such as BBQ sauce I'm still eating so far. There is a nightshade-free cookbook for arthritis somebody is peddling online, so I'll get that.

I'm also drinking/eating aloe, kefir, and yogurt to repair damage to my stomach.

Anybody else have thoughts or experience about this?

Edited by Turpin, 02 October 2013 - 01:36 AM.

#2 Layberinthius

• 298 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

No i dont specifically but its interesting to know that this exists.

I remember now when I was smoking my eyes used to puff up like baloons whenever I smoked a certian type of tobacco. Thankfully I quit the filthy rotten habbit a few years ago now after smoking for 2 years.

Also have you been made aware of a little friend of mine, called the full face respirator?

http://www.ebay.com....=item4ced8d51f0

It might be useful to have in an emergency. I would also probably pack baby wipes so you can clean the ff respirator and your hands and your face/neck in the event of someone smoking around you.

Might be something to have in your car at all times. If you ever get in a bushfire or something then you may end up having a severe allergic reaction.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Edited by Layberinthius, 16 November 2013 - 02:11 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: allergies, arthrities, nightshade, tobacco, potato, tomato, peppers, restriction, ulcer, rhinitis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users