- - - - -

Strict ordering of posts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 12:52 AM

Noise, since no change for the better.

Below at the bottom is the post of Caliban introducing this section on suggestions to improve the forum.

I have placed these suggestions since when I started writing posts here in this forum of ImmInst Org, and up to now they have not been implemented; yet I see and everyone can agree with me that these suggestions are very good and very possible and very easy to adopt and accomplish.

Here are my suggestions again:

1. Please number every post in strict succession, both in the series to cover all the posts ever published in this forum from the start of its operation, and in the series of posts published in each particular thread.

2. Please record the time to the seconds of every post successively in strict actual time of publication according to one single time recording system, for example, Greenwich time. This will enable everyone to know when a post comes before or after another one.

The implementation of these two suggestions require the powers that be here to not delete posts unless they also retain the location of the post with an inscription to the effect that it has been deleted or relocated, but its original time and number in the general log and in the thread log should be also stated.

Now, everyone, consider the instructions of Caliban below, and see if with a little thinking you cannot apprehend how my suggestions are very good, very possible, and very easy to implement.

Addendum: Dear powers here, from owners to collaborators: thanks for this forum and its boast of being pro free speech and pro free thought. Just don't often give warning whereby in virtual intention you threaten to delete posts or to relocate posts or to liquidate poster. Please get a hold of your stack when it is experiencing seismic tremor nearing blow-up.

Susma

In this section, layout, technical and editorial questions of the ImmInst website and forums can be discussed.
You can also make suggestions for new features to be implemented or changed.

Please consider carefully whether your suggestions are actually technically feasible and easy to implement.

If you have a new idea it is a good idea to present it as a poll, so people can share their views easily.

However, please be aware that the outcome of any poll is only an indicator of "public opinion".

Ultimately, the decision whether and how the Institute is presented is solely up to Full Members and the Institute leadership acting on their behalf.

#2 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 12:52 PM

and up to now they have not been implemented

They do not must do that Susma.

I think the suggestions are OK, although I do believe the first one is not that easy to accomplish do changes.
The second one is OK.

And god, don't tell me how to rephrase that so it'll be BECly written!

Yours
~Infernity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users