- - - - -

The American Parasite! and the cure.

probiotics

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

You miss my point. If a parasite gives benefits to it's host, by definition it is not a parasite, it is a commensal organism.

#32 MrKappa

• 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

Um... nobody is missing your point, are you sure that's the point you want to make?

Edited by MrKappa, 25 January 2014 - 04:45 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 1thoughtMaze1

• Topic Starter
  • 335 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

No parasite is beneficial. That's sort of the definition of a parasite. A parasite takes from it's host and gives no benefits.

What you're thinking of, MrKappa, is called a "commensal microbe". And yes, they do exist in your gut, in huge numbers. The human body, by some measures, is about 60% bacteria by cell-count. And these bacteria are essential to proper health and nutrition. They generate B vitamins, K vitamins, break down plant material, fight infections... a lot of functions more, as well.

But this zoo of bacteria can get out of control, and less "friendly" mutations or rare species can become more prevalent, causing serious harm and becomming parasites. That is the Candida that the OP is talking about. That is what C. Dificile is. That's why people take probiotics.

Hate on the presentation and blatant marketing of the original posted link. But they're not wrong, by any stretch of the imagination.

Thank you!

Edited by 1thoughtMaze1, 26 January 2014 - 01:18 AM.

#34 1thoughtMaze1

• Topic Starter
  • 335 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

Either way my bottle is on its way, and if your diet is close to mine (years of sugar intakes above normal and junk, fast food diet) with symptoms like fatigue, lack of motivation , low energy, on and off depression and what not, then you may be interested in my results. ill post in a few weeks. Hey, because it's you.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#35 MrKappa

• 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

I've read that sugar is largely fermented in the stomach by many who have a specific cluster of bacteria, and that leads to sedation and tiredness after eating sugar.

Since doing a preliminary cleanse, I almost feel as if eating sugar now feels different.

So much for diet fads, here comes the real revolution.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: probiotics

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users