Photo

Seeking medical advice on tests for mycotoxicosis

mycotoxinssymptoms diagnosis help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eruditus

• 100 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

Hello everybody. with great personal risk of being made out a hypochondriac I decided to make this post anyway. The reason I am doing this is that I am literally desperate now having accumulated a whole shopping list of symptoms both physical and mental that I have been looking to connect for quite some time. I have been reading up online on every disease ranging from hypoglycemia to chronic fatigue disorder to figure out what the hell it is exactly that might fit.

Every time I found a new possible explanation having gone to the doctor and having tests done, hoping to find some sense of confirmation that what I have is more then just the psychosomatic symptoms of a mental disorder. I have pretty much exhausted her patience until she agreed to write me a reference letter for the hospital to have more tests done there.

Now recently I discovered that due to my fridge being installed directly beneath my stove I had a heaps of slimy black mold growing away thanks to all that condensation every time I cooked. Exposure to this mold has gone on for a good six months or so and most of my symptoms match those of mycotoxicosis in phase 2. I'll just put the massive collection of symptoms down so you know how serious this has gotten over that period of time.

Having read up on how frequently mycotoxicosis is misdiagnosed due to the startling lack of awareness most doctors have about the condition I wanted to ask around here to see what battery of tests I should get screened for to absolutely prove or exclude this condition as the cause of my symptoms. Thank you in advance for your help.

-Daily cramps
-Daily headaches
-Chronic sinusitis (every morning my nose is entirely clogged with slimes)
-Blood in snot almost every morning and sometimes in my spit too
-Need to spit out these slimes every 5 minutes to keep my nose clear.
-Sneezing a lot and also occasional slimy coughs
-Bloodshot eyes
-Dry painful eyes
-Eyelids seem droopy
-Chronic fatigue (sleeping between 10-12 hours and still tired)
-Blurry vision
-Diminished hearing (Other week my neighbor called in asking if I was def to have the tv so loud)
-Tinnitus: every day or two I get an odd beeping sound that slowly fades after 20 seconds or so
-Photosensitivity (On sunny days I squint so bad that people outdoors look at me wondering what the hell is wrong with me)
-Heart palpitations/tachychardia of 100-120 bpm. Mostly after heavy meals,yet sometimes seemingly random.
-Low bloodpressure of 100/60, which is strange since I'm not an athlete and have a history of 120/80 or higher
- Huge veins on my forehead mostly after eating yet sometimes random
-Shortness of breath: Every little activity gets me out of breath;but I see little reason for such a sudden deterioration in my condition over the last 6 months.
-Dizzyness: everytime I get up, sometimes while already standing making me needing to sit.
-Frequent need to urinate small amounts
-Tingling numbness/pins and needles sensation in fingertips
-Eyelid twitching
-Short term memory problems
-Confusion
-Aphasia: frequently forget what word to use in a sentence and so my speech feels jumbled and strange lately.
-Joint pain in the knees and shoulders
-Anxiety
-Depression

#2 Eruditus

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

Problem resolved, turned out everyone in the building was suffering from minor complaints such as my own, but my experience was by far the worst. Old boiler led to chronic sub acute carbon monoxide poisoning. After 6 months of exposure I have no idea at what sort of recovery time I'm looking at.. All I can say is it sucks to find out after such a long time of worrying, being driven to the point where conversations become harder to follow because you can't stop yourself anymore from zoning out...
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 0010

• 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

I would recommend supplementing with iron/vitamin b12 because carbon monoxide binds to hemoglobin forming carboxyhemoglobin resulting in oxygen deprivation in tissues. I think what you're experiencing is mild anemia. I had the same symptoms when i smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for two months straight. Good luck with your recovery!

Edited by Schizo, 12 February 2014 - 11:23 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Eruditus

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

I would recommend supplementing with iron/vitamin b12 because carbon monoxide binds to hemoglobin forming carboxyhemoglobin resulting in oxygen deprivation in tissues. I think what you're experiencing is mild anemia. I had the same symptoms when i smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for two months straight. Good luck with your recovery!

lol well that explains why I've been getting such a kick out of spirulina, which is probably one of the cheapest richest natural source of b12 and iron :p

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mycotoxinssymptoms, diagnosis, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users