• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Rate my stack (nootrpic reward for best response!)

prize stack noopept oxiractam rate a level maths chemisty biology gingko biloba

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 saltyjohn1

• 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

19 year old male, 12 stone, 5'11"

800mg oxiracetam twice daily (mainly long term memory creation)

Noopept 10mg x twice daily

6g creatine HCl twice daily (studies have shown 10g daily can have cognitive benefits, will give sources if requested)

3g L-tyrosine (tapering off at the moment due to little difference in perfomance noted)

gingko biloba extract 60mg 3x daily (long term memory and cerebral blood flow)

Omega 3,6,9 tablets taken daily with a meal

All taken mixed with a berooca (effervescent multivitamin)

I am looking for focus, working memory (for maths), and long term memory (for sciences) I take modafinil 200mg weekly for study purposes.

I am an a-level student working towards an AAA (maths, bio, chem) offer to study neuroscience at UCL so suggestions to do with academic performance will be most appreciated.

I HAVE A LARGE SURPLUS OF L-TYROSINE, SOME OF WHICH I WILL SEND TO WHOEVER POSTS THE BEST REPLY IN THE NEXT MONTH

Thanks in advance!

Edited by saltyjohn1, 06 February 2014 - 05:46 PM.

#2 jsavage

• 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:00 AM

I can't give you much advice about stacking, I'm fairly new to nootropics myself - except for Modafinil, which I've been taking for over year and recently quit. I took it to help me study. I do not feel that it improved me in any way other than that it allowed me to be able to study for longer before becoming fatigued. However, about 3 months ago I began having day-long headaches whenever I took it and heavy "brain-fog". I got these headaches for a few days when I very first started taking it, but they went away within a week. Now they seemed to be back and nothing would take them away. I experimented with reducing my dose, increasing my dose, changing my diet, etc. etc. etc... eventually I just stopped taking it and now wish I had not purchased it in bulk.

FYI, here's what I'm taking now, and mind you I'm only a few months into this as a new user of racetams:

Morning (6:00) Dose:
Aniracetam 750 mg
Oxiracetam 750 mg
Choline Bitartrate 500 mg

Lunch (11:30 am) Dose:
Oxiracetam 750 mg

Evening (4:00 pm) Dose:
Oxiracetam 750 mg
Pramiracetam 250mg

Night Dose: (11:00 pm):

My morning stack is my favorite. Ani and Oxi have been a good mix so far. Gives me a nice energy without being "too much".

I will start to hit a wall around 2:00 pm if I miss the lunch dose. I remove the ani from the lunch dose to give me a bit more of an edge to push through the rest of work while everyone else is gazing at the clock counting minutes.

Evening dose is my "study" dose. I've found this mix to work very well for logic based studying (Calc II & III) as well as memorization.

I also have some noopept and colouracetam that I will be experimenting with once I've been on the regimen above for a few more months.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 saltyjohn1

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:20 AM

I can't give you much advice about stacking, I'm fairly new to nootropics myself - except for Modafinil, which I've been taking for over year and recently quit. I took it to help me study. I do not feel that it improved me in any way other than that it allowed me to be able to study for longer before becoming fatigued. However, about 3 months ago I began having day-long headaches whenever I took it and heavy "brain-fog". I got these headaches for a few days when I very first started taking it, but they went away within a week. Now they seemed to be back and nothing would take them away. I experimented with reducing my dose, increasing my dose, changing my diet, etc. etc. etc... eventually I just stopped taking it and now wish I had not purchased it in bulk.

FYI, here's what I'm taking now, and mind you I'm only a few months into this as a new user of racetams:

Morning (6:00) Dose:
Aniracetam 750 mg
Oxiracetam 750 mg

Lunch (11:30 am) Dose:
Oxiracetam 750 mg

Evening (4:00 pm) Dose:
Oxiracetam 750 mg
Pramiracetam 250mg

Night Dose: (11:00 pm):

My morning stack is my favorite. Ani and Oxi have been a good mix so far. Gives me a nice energy without being "too much".

I will start to hit a wall around 2:00 pm if I miss the lunch dose. I remove the ani from the lunch dose to give me a bit more of an edge to push through the rest of work while everyone else is gazing at the clock counting minutes.

Evening dose is my "study" dose. I've found this mix to work very well for logic based studying (Calc II & III) as well as memorization.

I also have some noopept and colouracetam that I will be experimenting with once I've been on the regimen above for a few more months.

Thanks for the reply! Do you feel prameracetam is worth the money? is it significantly better than oxiracetam?

Noopept is by far, in my opinion, the best value for money nootropic. It can take up to a week (at 10mg x2 per day) until you fully start feeling the effects. Side effects are more evident with greater doses.

Sorry to hear about your modafinil trouble. I've only ever really taken it on days where I feel I have needed to get lots of work done. The focus is insane; unlike anything I've ever tried. If I were you, I'd attempt a past paper for one of your logic based exams on a day you haven't taken modaf, and one a day that you have to see if there's any objective in cognitive ability that's harder to spot subjectively.

The best discovery that I've ever made in regards to nootropic infomation is examine.com. It provides a sort of metaanalysis of the effects of lots and lots of supplements providing synopsis on all the studies done on a particular supplement.

The reason I suggested trying modafinil again dispite headaches is the effect it has been shown to have on cognition and working memory (the most important aspect of memory for maths imho).
http://examine.com/s...ents/Modafinil/

Best of luck in your exams!

#4 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

Your stack looks fine, but I would add a few things.

1. I would suggest the Chemically Induced Long Term Potentiation (CILTEP) first thing in the morning. My version of it consists of

1000mg artichoke (or I prefer 100mg of quercetin) to inhibit breakdown PDE4 which breaks down cAMP,
4-12mg forskolin (from as high perentage forskolii extract as you can get) to increase cAMP
100-200mg caffeine,
500mg L-phenylalanine to support dopamine (though some people use tyrosine for this, I like phenylalanine because it is a further step away from dopamine than tyrosine and so is better regulated) and
most importantly: 1000mg ALCAR to increase acetylcholine (without this ingredient, I was getting problems with working memory).

The evidence is anecdotal, but it is just a very good stack for focus, motivation and learning. There is a huge thread on this in the brain health section. Just search for "Chemically Induced LTP."

2. Instead of Omega 3-6-9, consider using Omega 3, or a quality fish oil. This one is about the balance of O-3 to other O's especially O-6. Most people get enough of O-6, and relatively less O-3.

3. One of the noots with the best evidence base for memory is Bacopa. I'll let you read about it here; http://examine.com/s...acopa monnieri/; it takes a while to build up in your system, but this is one of the few things that actually shows a very noticeable improvement in memory in well designed human studies.

4. Note about creatine and research in general. I think creatine is fine to keep in your stack, especially if it's there for something other than cognition alone (like any physical activity)
You mentioned you use Examine. For creatine for cognition they state this: http://examine.com/s...ne/#summary5-11

"Creatine has limited potential in increasing cognition in otherwise healthy young omnivores, but it does possess a general pro-cognitive effect"

But it is good in certain cases (vegeterian, sleep deprived, tbi) and there's nothing wrong with taking it. But I just want to emphasize that the thing about research, is that it's not just about "having" studies that back up your point, but having the skill to interpret the totality of available research (not just 1 study but ALL research ever done), including it's level of evidence (were the studies well done? how many studies agree and disagree?) and also effect size (OK, there seems to be a statistically significant effect, for example, is it large enough to be clinically significant? Is it gonna make a difference in your life?). I think the folks at examine have the skills and the time to gather all available research and interpret it appropriately, so that why i use that site.

5. finally, though not mentioned, you should strive to get as much exercise, quality nutrition, and sleep as possible. Especially the exercise. Something that requires coordination and aerobic exertion is optimal, and it's good to mix it up.

Edited by Mr. Pink, 07 February 2014 - 09:41 AM.

• like x 1

#5 saltyjohn1

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

1. I would suggest the Chemically Induced Long Term Potentiation (CILTEP) first thing in the morning. My version of it consists of

1000mg artichoke (or I prefer 100mg of quercetin) to inhibit breakdown PDE4 which breaks down cAMP,
4-12mg forskolin (from as high perentage forskolii extract as you can get) to increase cAMP
100-200mg caffeine,
500mg L-phenylalanine to support dopamine (though some people use tyrosine for this, I like phenylalanine because it is a further step away from dopamine than tyrosine and so is better regulated) and
most importantly: 1000mg ALCAR to increase acetylcholine (without this ingredient, I was getting problems with working memory).

The evidence is anecdotal, but it is just a very good stack for focus, motivation and learning. There is a huge thread on this in the brain health section. Just search for "Chemically Induced LTP."

2. Instead of Omega 3-6-9, consider using Omega 3, or a quality fish oil. This one is about the balance of O-3 to other O's especially O-6. Most people get enough of O-6, and relatively less O-3.

3. One of the noots with the best evidence base for memory is Bacopa. I'll let you read about it here; http://examine.com/s...acopa monnieri/; it takes a while to build up in your system, but this is one of the few things that actually shows a very noticeable improvement in memory in well designed human studies.

4. Note about creatine and research in general. I think creatine is fine to keep in your stack, especially if it's there for something other than cognition alone (like any physical activity)
You mentioned you use Examine. For creatine for cognition they state this: http://examine.com/s...ne/#summary5-11

"Creatine has limited potential in increasing cognition in otherwise healthy young omnivores, but it does possess a general pro-cognitive effect"

But it is good in certain cases (vegeterian, sleep deprived, tbi) and there's nothing wrong with taking it. But I just want to emphasize that the thing about research, is that it's not just about "having" studies that back up your point, but having the skill to interpret the totality of available research (not just 1 study but ALL research ever done), including it's level of evidence (were the studies well done? how many studies agree and disagree?) and also effect size (OK, there seems to be a statistically significant effect, for example, is it large enough to be clinically significant? Is it gonna make a difference in your life?). I think the folks at examine have the skills and the time to gather all available research and interpret it appropriately, so that why i use that site.

5. finally, though not mentioned, you should strive to get as much exercise, quality nutrition, and sleep as possible. Especially the exercise. Something that requires coordination and aerobic exertion is optimal, and it's good to mix it up.

Thanks for the reply! I've just purchased some bacopa and alcar due to your recommendations. I've opted not to invest in CILTEP until there is more evidence for it's efficacy. I'm going to continue the omega 3,6,9 because I have a diet very low in seafood. I have got some good results from a stimulant complex containing ~200mg caffeine, but I'm really looking for something to help me in the afternoons and due to it's effect on sleep I'm tempted to look for an alternative. I've heard good things about dextrose; I'm planning an exams stack and am seriously considering taking high doses of dextrosehave you ever tried it?

#6 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for the reply! I've just purchased some bacopa and alcar due to your recommendations. I've opted not to invest in CILTEP until there is more evidence for it's efficacy. I'm going to continue the omega 3,6,9 because I have a diet very low in seafood. I have got some good results from a stimulant complex containing ~200mg caffeine, but I'm really looking for something to help me in the afternoons and due to it's effect on sleep I'm tempted to look for an alternative. I've heard good things about dextrose; I'm planning an exams stack and am seriously considering taking high doses of dextrosehave you ever tried it?

I have taken dextrose for weightlifting purposes, but have not noticed any nootropic effects from it. I've actually felt better in terms of memory and concentration on low carb diets (with carb ups on the weekends). I believe low carb for me helps keep blood sugar stable throughout the day.

As to the afternoon, CILTEP (first thing early in the morning) really helped in that regard, especially with the quercetin. I understand the lack of research on it, but the effect is so obvious that I'm making an exception in this case. I rejected it for a long time, but once they mentioned adding ALCAR it was pretty dramatic. Now I don't know if it does help memory, but it does definitely help motivation and concentration without having to take stimulants later in the day that may interfere with sleep.
  • like x 1

#7 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

100-200mg caffeine,

how's it going with those additions?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#8 tazzz96

• 56 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

Hey, I'm doing biology chemistry and maths and need 3 A's too! Except I need it for Economics at University of Birmingham.

I need to go up from a C to an A in maths, and from a B to an A in chemistry (already on an A in bio) so its obvious I need nootropics.

Currently I take - 2.4g piracetam spread over the day, 800mg alcar before school , 120mg ginkgo biloba before school and sometimes 250mg choline citrate + 250mg inositol.

The piracetam has definitely helped me get better in maths, and I'm now working at a high B in core 4 and mechanics, hoping to get that up to an A by the may half term.

At first the piracetam had no effect, and in one maths lesson I couldn't even integrate properly due to the extreme brainfog. Since then I've been getting way better at maths.

Also, I'm starting a CILTEP stack in 2 days. I'll let you know how it goes if you'd like.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prize, stack, noopept, oxiractam, rate, a level, maths, chemisty, biology, gingko biloba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users