• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

This guy is 112 and healthy

centenarians

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:53 AM

http://www.naturalne..._lifestyle.html

He walks a mile and a half a day, does his own grocery shopping and cooking. He's mentally sharp. He juices and eats smoothies, and health food.

#2 Galaxyshock

• 1,462 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:32 AM

or is he just claiming to be 112 to sell his book and promote the nature-business
  • like x 1

#3 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

Is there a picture of this guy?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Marios Kyriazis

• 466 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

He does not feature on the official (validated) list of the Gerontology Research Group:

http://www.grg.org/Adams/E.HTM
  • like x 1

#5 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:13 AM

If you follow the links there is a picture. His daughter is involved in setting up his interviews. He's had a fair amount lot of media exposure. Arizona is not exactly the Caucasus Mountains. Not saying he is guaranteed to be that old but it's possible. He talks the way people that old talk, about God and being taught right by their fathers. Interestingly, most centenarians are fairly devout, even if they may not go to church. Most of the people here are Atheists and agnostics.

This is from the webpage referred to above:

* The total number of supercentenarians that we have cited above has been frequently been misconstrued in the news media as representing every single person in the world aged 110 and over.

* The actual estimated number of worldwide living supercentenarians is more likely to be between [300 - 450] persons.

They say apparently people do sometimes claim to be that old when they aren't. As a woman, that surprised me. Most people lie about their age the other way. Me, for instance, I'm . . . 29.

Edited by Luminosity, 17 March 2014 - 03:23 AM.

#6 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:32 AM

If you would of researched it, you would realize he has been discredited long ago as being in his 70's if I remember correctly. Garbage.

#7 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:26 AM

How about a link to that?

#8 Layberinthius

• 298 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

https://sports.yahoo...-133852303.html

"

LaPallo told the AP on Sunday that many people doubt him because he's in such good condition.

"It is hard to believe," he said by telephone. "And because I can pass for 65 or 70, people say it's impossible."

LaPallo's granddaughter said his birthdate was incorrectly written down as 1910 instead of 1901 at a Social Security office in Florida during the mid-1930s. Ekayani Chamberlin, who runs a fitness Web site with her grandfather and promotes his lectures on aging, says the family doesn't have an official record of his birth in Brazil."

In other news, I am currently 13 years old and will be staying that way for the rest of my life!

Btw has anyone seen the latest justin bieber music video? Its totally SPAZZ!!!

Edited by Layberinthius, 04 May 2014 - 06:55 AM.

• dislike x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#9 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:00 AM

Btw has anyone seen the latest justin bieber music video? Its totally SPAZZ!!!

Fuck off with that shit. Nobody cares about that swaggot. 

• dislike x 2

#10 scottknl

• 421 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

I've been reading about Bernando for a couple of years now.  His daughter (semi famous actress/singer) has a verified birth certificate (1938) and is 76 years old.  In his book he's got pictures taken in the 50's  and 60's and you can tell it's the same guy by his unique skull bump, and he doesn't look 20 years old; rather he looks like 50's and 60's back then.  So whatever his real age is 102 or 112, he has some stuff that backs up his claim to be pretty old.  Much more than 70's.  Even if the documentation doesn't rise to the level required to be on the official list.  There are you tube videos of him at 107 up to last year and for a old guy he's not aging very much at all.  They usually go down fast when past 100 and for the last 5 years, there's barely any noticeable difference.

• like x 2

#11 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:58 AM

What a unique world this is where someone might claim to be 112 when they could be only 102!  This is opposite world.  Thanks for contributing to the discussion, Scott.   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: centenarians

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users