Photo
- - - - -

Enhancing Memorization and Recall

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 styrofoamned

• 47 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:32 PM

Hey, I'm new to all this but am interested to enhance my memorization and recall ability.
I am currently in school and having to memorize insane amounts different stuff each week.
I currently have been taking Aniracetam 1gram + 10g lecithin granuals in the morning for 3 days.
I haven't noticed anything as of yet. Can anyone tell me if I am taking this correctly and
how long I can expect before I "notice" something? Would I be better off taking something
else for my goals? I was told Hup-A and Oxiracetam would be good.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
-Rob

#2 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:06 AM

Try making tea with laver...just a palm size piece dropped in your morning green tea will have you focused and motivated all day. At least that's my experience from the past few days. If you can't find laver, which is an iodine-rich seaweed, get some pills with the same. Don't overdo it, which is why I recommend the fast-acting tea of which the effect can be better metered as it is noticeable within only a few minutes after ingestion rather than 30-45 minutes for a capsule to digest enough.

Next, toss on some Galantamine or Pyritinol.

Aniracetam is fat-soluble. Try taking some fishoil or fatted-food with your Ani- dose. I would split the dose over two servings during the day for a longer effect plateau. I have no experience with lecithin granules.

Huperzine-A would also be an excellent choice for your goals.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 helza

• 26 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:53 AM

tea with laver and galantamine are both for motivation not memory recall. Although if you can concentrate better you might pick up information easier..

I second hup a :) Its the same advice i got, but i still have to try it out..

update: added all the missing letters, wireless keyboard ran out of juice :)

Edited by helza, 29 June 2005 - 01:02 PM.

#4 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:21 AM

IF you are male vasopressin can help learning new material. You might check out previous posts on it.

#5 styrofoamned

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:11 PM

Thanks for your help!

#6 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:17 PM

IMHE, the kind of motivational fortitude enacted by laver tea is a profoundly efficacious aide to memory imprinting activities such as critical reading and thinking.

#7 mnosal

• 123 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:50 PM

I used Desmopressin for a few months and recently due time constraints (overseas shipping) switched to Pyritinol. I take 400mg an hour before classes and it seems to help tremendously with comprehension and functional storage of data.

It has been working so well, I've dumped the Desmopressin for good. Comparable results with Pyritinol w/out water intake restrictions.

#8 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:53 PM

Or find a doctor willing to implant a cerebral stem-cell injector pump. (Patent pending?)

#9 Chip

• 387 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:49 PM

Whoa, got to look into that laver stuff. A form of it grows commonly along the North California coast where I have spent a great deal of time.

Besides seeming to see memory enhancement with use of B vitamins, fish oil supplements and piracetam, possibly the greatest boost I have noticed is sustaining a "jogger's high" which I have done with swimming, jogging and using a rowing machine. The rowing machine appeared to work best as both swimming and jogging require incorporating looking out for obstacles and reacting to them. When practicing the exercise for 12 minutes a day, my memory capacity suddenly increases a great deal. The languages I've studied over the years come easier and I find I can remember a person's name much more readily. It can be a real boost to making friends when you remember names right off.

I've slipped a bit and need to incorporate more of that autonomic and aerobic exercise everyday.

#10 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:36 AM

Hey, I'm new to all this but am interested to enhance my memorization and recall ability.
I am currently in school and having to memorize insane amounts different stuff each week.
I currently have been taking Aniracetam 1gram + 10g lecithin granuals in the morning for 3 days.
I haven't noticed anything as of yet. Can anyone tell me if I am taking this correctly and
how long I can expect before I "notice" something? Would I be better off taking something
else for my goals? I was told Hup-A and Oxiracetam would be good.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Pyritinol 400-1,000 mg & Huperzine A 200-400 mcg is what I used for students with great results when studying.

Aniracetam 750-1,500 mg & Oxiracetam 800-1,600 mg are good to take on a daily basis.

#11 styrofoamned

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:47 AM

Excellent. I can use all the help I can get trying to memorize all these chinese herbs in chinese, english and latin and then all the stuff for my 7 other classes! haha.

So I would use the Pyritinol and Hup A only on days I am studying or in class and then the A and O each day? Will I need anything other than the lecithin for choline depletion?

I still haven't noticed anything from the Aniracetam. Is it really subtle or is it a real "kicking in" experience?

#12 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:17 AM

So I would use the Pyritinol and Hup A only on days I am studying or in class and then the A and O each day?

Yes, but you can use lower doses daily.

Will I need anything other than the lecithin for choline depletion?

If taking racetams then I would take alpha GPC or CDP (200-1,000 mg) as a choline source.

I still haven't noticed anything from the Aniracetam. Is it really subtle or is it a real "kicking in" experience?

Aniracetam normally "kicks" in within a few days, you may wish to take up to 1,500 mg daily always with food.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 styrofoamned

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:25 AM

Thanks LifeMirage.
So the lecithin is not gonna do the trick eh. figured it was too cheap! :)
So as far as the doses are concerned I should just fiddle until I feel the best eh?
Like I said no clue what to expect to "feel"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users