Natural Blend Nootropic Stack

nootropic noopept piracetam l-theanine ashwagandha bacopa monnieri caffeine

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shane Minor

• 36 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:30 AM

Hello,

I've been interested in Nootropic Supplements for a while. I've experimented with many Nootropics without much involved research, many of which I wouldn't recommend. 

For example, I experimented with Piracetam and Noopept. These supplements are portrayed off as being safe, neuro-protective, and inexpensive. At least one or two of these claims are falsified through scientific research. Piracetam has been known to lower acetylcholine by 18%. It is recommended that you take Acetylcarnitine with Piracetam to counteract these effects, but I surely will no longer experiment with something that 'Lowers" acetylcholine by any means necessary. Whatever comes to mind, the only thing I am aware of that lowers acetylcholine transmission is acetylcholinesterase, so despite the research findings that find increased acetylcholine in certain areas of the brain using Piracetam, whereas it lowers it in many others is far too risky for my taste. 

I've also experimented, as I said previously- with Noopept. 

Noopept, I'd say had a lot of interesting effects. I recognized within 6 days of administration that my learning capacity slightly improved. I was able to get through my studies a little faster, find logical pathways to problems that I would of naturally avoided otherwise. These effects were subtle and mild at best, but compared to Piracetam actually worked to a mild degree. I took Piracetam by itself and was dissatisfied, administered Noopept and could instantly notice a difference in my vision, and hearing. If Noopept worked so well for you, why don't you recommend it? I'll tell you why. Noopept has been known to increase NGF, and BDNF in rat models, and that scares me. Also, not a lot of research has been conducted on Noopept. If someone here speaks "dummy" and can explain in detail why either or NGF and BDNF are harmless, that'd be much appreciated.

I might be willing to re-experiment with Noopept.

Despite all this, with a fair amount of research have been able to conduct a great nootropic stack that I think

many would benefit from.

I call this the natural blend nootropic stack..

So far I've noticed through doing this, my memory has improved,

my overall thoughts are more crisp, and for once I can actually recall my dreams.

Interesting thing about my dreams, is that most of the time I am experiencing them in third person, almost as if I am watching a movie or television show.

----------------------------------

Natural Blend Nootropic Stack (Every Morning)

L-Theanine

Caffeine 

-------------------------------------------------

Ashwagandha

Bacopa Monnieri 

Choline Bitartrate

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashwagandha has been known to fight against acetylcholinesterase, increasing the amount of acetylcholine in the brain. Similar drugs are used to treat neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's and Dementia. Taking that with a Choline Precursor in theory might enhance that effect. Ashwagandha and Bacopa Monnieri both enhance and improve the functioning of neural networks, expanding and strengthening axons and dendrites. 

L-Theanine taken with Caffeine has been known to increase focus and attention, and make for a great synergistic effect. L-Theanine is also a great for increasing GABA. 

I stop administrating ashwagandha for 7 days following weekly supplementation. 1-week on, 1-week off. I do this primarily because of how Ashwagandha effects the Adrenal and Thyroid glands... just a safety precaution.....

Let me know what you think, and if you're willing to try this out, it is an extremely safe

nootropic stack when taken appropriately....   

#2 RPD

• 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

Smart post.
I like eggs for a cheap effective safe acetylcholine boost - particularly when heavy brain use turns into a headache.
It seems to work as a preventative also.  What can I say more?  I have grown to just LOVE EGGS.
Bacopa, Clitoria, Hericium and beets also.  Fresh & raw.

• dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:49 AM

Afaik Noopept does only increase Bdnf to a slight extend. Im currently writing via mobitel and cant post any studys to prove my claim.

Furthermore, Bdnf is beeing produced by the body, especially when doing sports, along with Vegf. Ive read that 30min walking a day is sufficient to relieve depressive symptoms via Bdnf release. I guess in high performance sport is even more Bdnf released. Altough I have to admit that I dont know to what extend.

#4 ron45

• 207 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

Smart post.
I like eggs for a cheap effective safe acetylcholine boost - particularly when heavy brain use turns into a headache.
It seems to work as a preventative also.  What can I say more?  I have grown to just LOVE EGGS.
Bacopa, Clitoria, Hericium and beets also.  Fresh & raw.

Hi, notice anything from the lion's mane? What source are you using? One thing to note, the results from some of these ingredients [Shane's stack] could take four to eight weeks to develop results. I hear the same goes for lions mane. My wife and I went thru six bottles of caps from Swanson with no apparent results. But I'm not sure how you'd know anyway unless you have a serious exercise program.

Do you use hericium as a powder or caps? I found a good source for 1kg quantities at  100 bux, u s a source, organic usda certified yada yada. I don't work for this company but I am a customer for their cordyceps same price same certifications only more so in the case of cordyceps. I won't go into details unless you are interested in cordyceps.

Ron

#5 RPD

• 16 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:54 AM

I bought one pound fresh raw at the local farmers tailgate market.  Ate it fresh & raw in about one week.   Complemented the lion's mane NGF(nerve growth factor) with an attempt to acquire large amounts of uridine from beets and Milwaukee's Best Ice Beer.  I have some nerve compression damage to my right arm that made the bottom three fingers go numb.  Trauma damage is about a year old.  It seems that the middle finger is not numb anymore.  I suppose I should look a a nerve anatomy diagram so I might have a clue or two.  

I expect that I will be growing my own lion's mane soon.  Doing research now.

I am not familiar with  cordyceps.
From what I gather  at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordyceps I sure would not want to eat it raw.

Edited by RPD, 03 June 2014 - 05:00 AM.

#6 Shane Minor

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

RDP, what you experienced could be a number of things.... The Natural Blend Nootropic Stack is for people who want to go the natural route, even if the natural route is less effective than say another more expensive, or differently structured chemical apparatus.... I personally, did not get a thing from any of these supplements- but that's not to say that they won't work for anyone...

Lions Mane is not something I've done, but something

that has had a lot of positive reviews.... I think NGF is an

interesting thing, but your mind will become co-dependent on

the Lions Mane after consumption. So, as long as you're taking Lions Mane

you'll get the benefits, but studies done with Lion Mane show that

NGF stops about 7 days after chronic administration....

If you're looking for something long-term 

you pretty much hit the best thing you can RPD.

Uridine, with Fish Oil....containing

the omega 3 fatty acid DHA.

Take that with CDP-Choline,

Phosphatidylserine, Alpha Lipoic Acid,

and a Vitamin B Complex Multivitamin. 

I have two others threads opened up about

this particular stack, and I trust the research..... how it works?----- Instead of working on NGF or BDNF, it works

by increasing and strengthening the synaptic transmission in the brain...... Like the Ciltep stack this will thus

help with LTP, and many other things......

• dislike x 1

#7 RPD

• 16 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:27 PM

Re the 1 lb of fresh raw Hericium I ate while also consuming lots of beets and Milwaukee's Best Ice Beer'
The trauma injury to my right hand median nerve is healed.  The ulner nerve damage on the same hand remains.  I think that might be 'nerve entrapment' carpal tunnel acquired as a result from sitting at my computer keyboard too much while my broken heel bone was healing.  Now to figure out a non-surgical way to reverse that.

#8 RPD

• 16 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:40 PM

Shane Minor, re tolerance->dependance->addiction

So, how much of these two links 
do you suppose is significantly and usefully true?

and how much is overly shaded by the marketing agenda?
I don't know.  I would like to be able to know.

http://www.smarterno...-mane-mushroom/

How about the uridine portions of this:
http://www.smarterno...ith-nootropics/  
- particularly as it relates to addiction recovery, (mood/mental equanimity/flexibility/resourcefulness)
Brain available choline seems to be best and most conveniently served by eggs rather than any drug/mfg food supplement. 
As much as that is so it seems that uridine is more relevant to NGF (and perhaps more directly) than choline supply. 
It does seem logical that the long term nerve morphing effect of NFG+uridine could increase the body's peak demand rate for available choline.  The work of NFG+uridine could typically increase a body's appetite for eggs and velveta cheese. :-)

Is it true that NFG induction by food or drug is only or most most significantly prompted by the consumption of Hericium?

In general it seems that changes in ANY neurotransmitter's effective supply whether

• directly by food (or drug) or
  • indirectly by MAOI induced recycling of neurotransmitters or
  • indirectly by argonist or antagonist action

results in the up-regulation or down-regulation of some portion of the neurotransmitting/metabolic mechanism.
And that sometimes the up-regulation of down-regulation begins a catastrophic cascade (addiction, disease, death).
How true Is this?  I have not heard this directly so I could be very full of shit.

If most significantly true then: "moderation in all things" - with the scale of a moderate being dependent on the context - with buffering-effect-type interventions being safer and more lastingly useful than direct-acting interventions.
How true Is this?  I have not heard this directly so I could be very full of shit.
If true then what are some buffering-effect-type interventions?

• Exercise ?
  • Satisfying work ?
  • Appreciation of beauty w/o attending lusts (sort of shoe-horning the nervous system open) ?
  • Hericium & Uridine ?

Edited by RPD, 10 June 2014 - 11:59 PM.

#9 Shane Minor

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

RPD,

I think the second link you provided is credible. but I wouldn't recommend taking Lithium. 

CDP-Choline increases the release and maintenance of Acetylcholine as it converts into Uridine and

Phosphatidylcholine in the brain. This as stated in the article, is known as the Kennedy cycle.

The Omega 3 Fatty Acid 'DHA' strengthens the effectiveness of Uridine after the transition occurs....

Through clinical studies, Noopept has been shown to increase both NGF and BDNF, so I personally think

that Noopept would be a lot better alternative to Lions Mane... As you know, Uridine can increase the production of

NGF if taking with an NGF Protagonist- something like Lions Mane, or Noopept.

Personally, my stack is more of a "less is more" stack rather than taking 20 things

a day.....

What you're essentially looking for is something that increase the production and maintenance of

acetylcholine, which can be supported through proper supplementation with Phosphatidylcholine, CDP-Choline (Citicoline),

and DHA/EPA.... This personally does a lot for attention, and focus. The only dilemma is the dilemma itself here,

because you have the choice between taking an Amphetamine which is only going to produce temporary positive results instantaneously,  

or taking something that is slowly generating positive results over a stretch of time, which actually are longer-lasting and pro cognitive. Unlike drugs like Ritalin, Modafinil, 

or Adderall, studies provide that these supplements actually do improve ones IQ by increasing the way the synapses function and neurons communicate....

Although i'm not religious, as the bible talks about

the mustard seed slowly producing the largest results, that's

pretty much how it goes for these supplements.. and the fact that you see small yet ongoing

improvements only encourages you to keep supplementing with these supplements.

Here is a link to some studies done on Lions Mane:

http://examine.com/s.../Yamabushitake/

and here's one on Noopept, (same site) 

http://examine.com/s...ements/Noopept/

And one on Noopept's mechanism of action

on NGF and BDNF 

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19240853

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I want to address your second question, Absolutely!

Exercise also increases BDNF, and also helps allow the brain to communicate

as more oxygen is delivered to the brain. In estimated of 25% of oxygen is delivered to the brain, and

roughly 90 percent of that Oxygen goes directly toward your gray matter.... Increased Oxygen, lowered Cortisol,

and a better metabolism.... not too difficult to add all that together... and studies provide evidence that Aerobic Exercise not only

increases your IQ, but through an MRI you see an expansion of gray matter, not throughout all areas but more gray matter is

better than no gray matter.....

and Phosphatidylserine+Uridine+CDP-Choline+DHA/EPA= More Gray Matter, better synaptic functions..

Also, try getting a purified formula of DHA/EPA.... because there is not enough DHA and EPA

in Fish Oil Supplements to actually do any real significant effects compared to dosing up with

Pure DHA & EPA.... as soon as I switched I noticed an instantaneous effect on my focus & reasoning.

All that being said,

you pretty much have the right mind-set necessary 

for cognitive improvement... and just remember that the results

are going to come slowly but surely..... but these results are going

to be so amazing that you'll just want to keep going...

On a side note, If you boil soda in a pot on the stove eventually all the water evaporates until you're left with the actual

syrup that you're ingesting into your body.... even with red bull, you'll see something yellow turn completely black.... so

i'm done drinking soda..... LOL

I hope some of this was helpful,

Shane M Minor

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 RPD

• 16 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:55 AM

Thanks, Shane.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic, noopept, piracetam, l-theanine, ashwagandha, bacopa monnieri, caffeine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users