Photo
- - - - -

phenibut dangerous?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 styrofoamned

• 47 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:20 AM

I tried some Phenibut and it seems like its just like GHB in a lot of ways.
I also notice that I get a horrible withdrawal and can't sleep and am
only able to handle the pain if I am moving around.
Is this stuff addictive and how can you avoid the lame withdrawal hangover feel
-rob

#2 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:52 AM

-rob

How much did you take?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 enigma

• 143 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:31 AM

-rob

Like GHB, so stock up now before it is banned [lol]

Some people say that they get an amplified hangover from phenibut when they are drinking aswell, perhaps you were drinking.

Personally, I can take 8 grams of it, drink about 7 beers and wake up the next morning with no hangover, feeling fine... but still a bit drunk the next day. It seems to remove my hangover, which is great.

As for its addictiveness, most people build up tolerance so quickly (this begins in as little as 3 days on phenibut), that I doubt this is really a concern. A reviewer from BN stated that they were addicted to it for sleeping. If you want to avoid withdrawl only take it occasionally, but if you have only taken it once and you are feeling withdrawl and hangover, this is just very badluck.

Picamilon might be a good substitute.

#4 styrofoamned

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:01 PM

I probably took about 12 grams in a night and now I haven't been able to sleep because when I lay down and "fall" asleep I suddenly wake up gasping for air and it scares me so I don't try to sleep but I'm VERY tired and not functioning well. It is horrible!
I'm also agitated so that I constantly want to be moving. If I move I feel much better and if I yell or talk and move its best.
weird
-rob

#5 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:12 PM

What's a standard dose? Is there any place in a sound nootropic regimen for phenibut? What about acute, rare use of phenibut? Beneficial or good once in a while?

#6 enigma

• 143 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:54 PM

I probably took about 12 grams

12 grams is a huge dose, most people take 3-4. I took 8 because Phenibut seems to have a comparatively small effect on me.
You will probably be fine, a friend of myne (average height and weight) has taken 12 grams before. The next day he was throwing up a great deal with a terrible hangover which lasted two days. Still, he got through it with no permanent harm done. Please, next time begin with only a small dose to test your tolerance to whatever substance you might be taking.

#7 cesium

• 138 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:22 PM

I usually take 1.5 - 2 grams and find that it makes me more talkative and social. When I got drunk on it, I woke up the next morning with a strange but somewhat pleasant buzz that lasted all morning and no nasty hangover from the booze.

#8 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:56 PM

was this a mistake when you took 12 grams? Frankly, what you did was irresponsible. You should read up about a substance before doing such things and if you are going to use it as a "Recreational" type substance, then you should try it in small dosages.

This sounds to me like a "more is better" scenario.

Unfortunately styro, unless the dose you took was by mistake, what you are experiancing is one of the risks you take when messing around with nootropics. I am though, sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time dealing with the hangover and hope you get better soon.

#9 styrofoamned

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:13 PM

yeah. it was a mistake. I took a small dose and then later took another dose and accidentally took 4 times what I thought I was taking. It was pretty irresponsible.
I got some acupuncture today and I feel grounded again but I am still messed up and unable to sleep. Hope nobody else has to have this happen!

#10 juggernaut333

• 13 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:06 AM

I am really looking forward to trying this stuff on occasion for its full effects and no tolerance/effect builldup.Start with a gram or two...any other tips or tricks?

#11 styrofoamned

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:12 AM

Is there anything I can take OTC that will lower dopamine levels and help with this dopamine rebound?

#12 vastman

• 155 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:07 AM

styrofomed, I tend to agree with zoolander that what you did was foolish. Indeed, I hope this forum doesn't become a stomping ground for folks looking for a quick high and asking for help when they get their stupid asses in a sling. Maybe it's that I'm older now and having spent a few decades looking for a high has taught me that the best possible high is a higher quality of life...did my share of stupid things that's for sure.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but it kinda irks me that over the pass several days there have been several posts about drinking and using nootropics for party purposes. And maybe this ain't where you are coming from, but just needed to get this off my chest.

#13 enigma

• 143 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:31 AM

styrofomed, I tend to agree with zoolander that what you did was foolish. Indeed, I hope this forum doesn't become a stomping ground for folks looking for a quick high and asking for help when they get their stupid asses in a sling. Maybe it's that I'm older now and having spent a few decades looking for a high has taught me that the best possible high is a higher quality of life...did my share of stupid things that's for sure.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but it kinda irks me that over the pass several days there have been several posts about drinking and using nootropics for party purposes. And maybe this ain't where you are coming from, but just needed to get this off my chest.

Vastman,

I have mentioned using Phenibut with alcohol once, in this thread only, within the past 24 hours,
as it was relevent. Noone else has mentioned it..

Phenibut is quite good for anxiety relief and improving the effect of
alcohol. It is legitimate to take it with Alcohol IMO, if used in a quantity which is reasonable relative to the tolerance of the user.
It seems to have a lesser effect on intelligence reduction, though the other effects are similar.

To be honest, I dont think it meets criteria for a nootropic at all.

There are many forums where people can go to look for "a quick high", so, it is unlikely that this forum would
become a stomping ground for that. Most nootropics would be useless for recreational purposes.

Hail the day when ravers use piracetam instead of extacy.

Edited by enigma, 13 July 2005 - 06:57 AM.

#14 styrofoamned

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:53 AM

I apologize for bringing it up. I did the math and really only took 600mg (1/4th teaspoon) and then later a full teaspoon of probably just less than 2400mg so about my post about 12g was totally inaccurate. I only tried the substance because I have had a mononucleosis reoccurance due to studying too much and high stress. I have been very depressed because of this and thought I could try something to lift my mood that wouldnt also be damaging to my system. I guess I choose a wrong thing as I'm in the worst pain I've ever been in (and I've definetely learned moderation due to some stupid choices when I was younger). Sorry to bring this to the table. I just thought you guys had a lot of knowledge and could help me get better without having to go get a prescription from the ER.

#15 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:39 PM

I am glad that you are feeling better stryo. Man, what a trip hey! I think I know what you experianced except my experiances were not with legal substances.

Those days are gone for me though.

Learn from the experiance my friend ;)

#16 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:51 PM

always start on the low end of the spectrum when ingesting a new substance.

#17 vastman

• 155 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:15 AM

enigma...apologize if you took my thoughts personally. Actualy my reaction came after reflecting on the answer another poster made to my queri as to what they were after in combining deprynil and modafnil, (party) then this....and.... who knows, maybe my own stupidity over the years becoming more clearer to me now....i.e., I self medicated rather than figured out what was wrong with me (apnea). I humbly apologize to any I may have inadvertantly offended but my concerns remain.

and styrofoamed, I also apologize and glad you are doing better.

#18 enigma

• 143 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:45 AM

Vastman, ok no problem, I wasn’t really offended. I agree that in most cases recreational drugs aren’t worth taking, given the known risks and uncertainties associated with many of them.

#19 magister

• 70 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:33 AM

where is the cheapest bulk supplier...for say half kilos?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 styrofoamned

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 05:02 AM

vastman, thanks. Finally doing alright. no more of that stuff for me, I'll stick to the good noops that make me smart and feel healthy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users