- - - - -

Critique my stack ?

stack

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kingjoefromflorida

• 14 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

I have various herbs and supplements I take from time to time. Below is a list of the things I take

and wanted input as to any concerns as far as interactions or cumulative effects. Most of these

I am taking for general health and wellness enhancement.Thank you

Ashwagandha

He-Shou-Wu

Eluethero root

Korean red ginseng

Grapeseed extract

Reishi mushroom

Chaga mushroom

Pomegranate extract

Alive multi vitamin

#2 Trevor

• 56 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

First things first: drop the multi.  Alive has copper and iron.  You don't want to mess around with those unless you know your diet is low.  Their botanicals include "a little bit of everything but not enough of anything" so you're kind of overpaying for what you get. 

I take all of the herbs that you list.  He shou wu (fo-ti) is a criminally underrated nutrient.  With the pomegranate, make sure it is extracted to punicalagins rather than ellagic acid.  It's more expensive but ellagic acid can be found in other foods. 

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 gt35r

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

http://www.anti-agin...-aging-in-2013/

I agree, get rid of the multi. I would advise you to read around on that website, the author has a lot of well written articles.

I am not really into herbals so I can not comment on the rest of the list.

#4 kingjoefromflorida

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

Thanks For the Response both of you. :-D

Trevor, I agree on the Alive so I will be getting rid of it. Concerning the pomegranate, It is extracted to ellagic

acid. Do you think it's worthless and should just toss it way ? Gonna look for the one you mentioned this week.

With the Fo-ti what is a good daily dosage in your opinion ? Thank you

gt35r, I looked at the site you linked to and bookmarked it as well.Thank you! 

I find so much conflicting information out there concerning supplements.In the link

multivitamins are spoken of as a waste.Here on the forum I have heard others say the

same thing. The more I read and think about it the more sense it makes.This is in part

why I have been getting into herbs.They have so many interesting functions and you rarely

see them in multis which strikes me as odd.

#5 Trevor

• 56 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:54 AM

Punicalagins are where the magic is in pomegranate.  Puns. and EA are from the same family of polyphenols and will puns. eventually break down into ellagic acid anyway.  Ellagic acid supplements are certainly not worthless as they have loads of beneficial functions and bioavailability can be tricky.  And, if your diet sucks, you aren't getting enough anyway.  With the punicalagin supps, you are getting upstream of EA and deriving more benefit from having a unique compound. 

As for fo-ti, I cap my own and take 500mgs of a 12:1 concentrate.  This isn't based on any geek level research, though. 

#6 gt35r

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

I have some concern regarding Fo-ti and liver cancer that I read about in the past; I hope that has been ruled out by now but its theo nay reason i have no tried it.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#7 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:53 PM

Any updates on Fo-ti and liver?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users