#61 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:10 PM

what about buffalo and venison?

#62 123456

• 295 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:15 PM

Fruit juice, quite simply, is unhealthy.  Fruit is fine for most people because the more complex carbs and fiber in the fruit's "meat" slow absorption, and provide other benefits.  But fruit juice is just simple carbs, and since it doesn't require chewing you can ingest fruit juice at a much faster (re: less healthy) pace.

I've recently helped a friend get off fruit juice, as he drank 4-6 glasses a day believing it was healthy for him.  He was shocked that his triglycerides were 550, since he never drank sodas, never ate red meat, and never ate fried foods or desserts.  He came to me for advice and I discovered his fruit juice habit, and told him that's likely the culprit, and so now he's stopped.

The orange growers industry has us brainwashed into believing orange juice is good for us (it's not even a great source of vitamin C, relative to many other fruits), much like the dairy industry wants us to believe milk is good for us.  And, sadly, most of us have bitten their hook and have been reeled in.

Yep, I saw that on the news. Those experts say Fruit Juice is mostly water and sugar when it comes down to it. I heard Kiwi is packed with vitamin C.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:17 AM

RillaState, the good things in meat are nothing more than the B12 and protein. I said it is bad BUT these two.

The orange growers industry has us brainwashed into believing orange juice is good for us (it's not even a great source of vitamin C, relative to many other fruits), much like the dairy industry wants us to believe milk is good for us. And, sadly, most of us have bitten their hook and have been reeled in.

Well it depends. If it is not fresh it won't have much vitamin C, because vitamin C is known as dissolving in light. So don't but all the crap of orange juice full of vitamin C that they sell, especially those in a clear bottle, which obviously contain such a small dosage of vitamin C left.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#64 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:37 PM

>>> If it is not fresh it won't have much vitamin C, because vitamin C is known as dissolving in light. <<<

That's very true, Infernity. Plus, orange juice bought in stores is mostly pasteurized, which further destroys its nutrients and anti-oxidants. Processed foods just do not compare to whole foods.

#65 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:50 PM

Well, I know many companies here in Israel that produce you juices that are totally natural, and were only cleaned up...

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users