Stretching and eating for agility?

becoming agile?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

How the hell do you become limber and agile? I've done yoga, stretching and everything but nothing works. My muscles are like tightly knotted ropes. I walk like a manikin, what am I supposed to do?

#2 MangekyōPeter

• 171 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

Pavel Tsatsouline's exercises (search for him on youtube) are supposedly really effective for stretching and can do wonders, fast, or so many claim. :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 GoingPrimal

• 264 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:59 AM

Deep tissue massage to release the knots in your muscles

Bone Broth to supply your connective tissue (skin, bones, joints, cartilage) with everything it needs to remain supple

I've read that the herb Eucommia has been used for thousands of years to improve the flexibility of the joints - might be worth looking into

And of course, plenty of mobility training. There are various methods out there, search around, if I was schooled in any one method I'd suggest it, but I'm not. Yoga has been working well enough for me though.

#4 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

2 words...."Rumble Roller"

http://www.amazon.co...s=rumble roller

Those reviews don't lie. Bad reviews are from pussies that blamed the product cause it hurts them. I have the short blue one and long black one. Hurt's sooooooooo good.

Edited by mustardseed41, 07 July 2014 - 07:25 PM.

• dislike x 1

#5 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

I have had great success incorporating information from  mobilitywod.com and the book Becoming a Supple Leopard: The Ultimate Guide to Resolving Pain, Preventing Injury, and Optimizing Athletic Performance

#6 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

The Rumble Roller is a great idea, and quite effective. And stick with a consistent yoga practice in an organized, taught class if you're really serious about increasing your flexibility and the strength that must accompany that increased flexibility. If you live in a big city, look around for a yin yoga class. It's powerful, meditative, and it'll definitely increase your range of motion. I've not really found any vitamin supplements that'll increase flexibility. Eat light, eat vegetarian, and expect few shortcuts. One nice aspect to increasing your flexibility is that your body will show you its native gifts. That is, almost everyone who tries gets at least one free yogic gift -- one area of your body (and possibly more) will be freely gifted and possibly very open without any effort. And it's nice to discover where you're naturally gifted, then build upon it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 idquest

• 56 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:13 AM

What helped me was relaxation. THere are plenty of methods, I used the ones originating from Chinese system, specifically the way B. Frantzis teaches. It's called 'Dissolving' and ideally it dissolves any blockages including areas of tension. With stretches the trick is to do them in a fully relaxed state. With this, the musles will relax and you'll engage tendons and ligaments. Thendons and ligaments are in fact responsible for agility. Shaking can also help: shake for 30-60  minutes until each muslce starts moving indepenently - this will release tension.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users