Photo

IS THERE EVIDENCE FOR SHADOWHAWK???

tag

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

Once upon a time Shadowhawk was exploring a local stream. On a rock he found a small turtle. And Wow, he thought, how beautiful, how cool, look at all the symmetrical patterns on this cartilaginous shell. Shadowhawk wondered why this creature looked so perfectly aligned, and so he concluded that he, Shadowhawk, must not be innocent and ignorant like his atheist parents. His atheist parents explained that the little turtle's apparent symmetrical patterns were the result of natural selection. Natural selection, they explained to the eight-year old pre-Shadowhawk, occurs in all life here on planet earth. Natural selection, for example, also occurred within pre-Shadowhawk's very own little brain that evolved to recognize and invent "symmetrical patterns" just like the apparent symmetry of this adorable turtle. Natural selection, said the atheists, also occurred in the turtle's own amazingly complicated ancestral journey.

But no, said Shadowhawk, no, No, NO. Big fonts, red fonts, all off topic. Smiley face.

He must know "Why."  Right now: why turtle why? The little turtle, he reasoned without logical fallacies, is so amazing that only God could have ever created such magic. Later, God sent His Son Jesus Christ down to clarify matters; but Jesus Christ said nothing on the mountain top or in the desert about turtles. In fact, Jesus Christ stayed mum to all ectotherms and amniotes. Jesus Christ even stayed silent about Basiliscus plumifrons -- now, what kind of Son of God would not pitch his very own lizard?

So Shadowhawk was briefly confused. Then the confusion -- and we literally thank God -- waned like the 6,000-year old moon.

Please present your evidence that Shadowhawk exists.
  • Cheerful x 3
  • Needs references x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#2 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

:laugh: :-D :|o :|? :) ;) :mellow: :happy: :ph34r: :cool: :sad: :dry: :wub: :wacko: :unsure: :sleep:

• unsure x 2
  • dislike x 1

#3 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

shadowhawk could be a bot? We need proof! Or maybe shadowhawk could have his own section on LC, and then block everyone else from viewing it?  

Although the SH posts are mostly annoying, LC would not be the same... not saying it would worse without him.. but it wouldent be the same

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

I read the title as "IS THERE HOPE FOR SHADOWHAWK???"

#5 sthira

• Topic Starter
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:37 AM

Nonsense. All of you are Off topic. Furthermore, you're all committing the New Times Roman Font Fallacy. Wrong fonts. We know what the Old Times Roman Fonts did to Jesus -- they crucified him that's what they did -- so change your fonts or... Not interested. Have a nice day.
  • Good Point x 2
  • dislike x 1

#6 sthira

• Topic Starter
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

I read the title as "IS THERE HOPE FOR SHADOWHAWK???"

Funny because when I typed the title I thought I typed "IS THERE DOPE FOR SHADOWHAWK???"
  • Cheerful x 1

#7 sthira

• Topic Starter
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:32 AM

:laugh: :-D :|o :|? :) ;) :mellow: :happy: :ph34r: :cool: :sad: :dry: :wub: :wacko: :unsure: :sleep:

Oops. Above I mistakenly wrote that Shadowhawk's confusion waned like the 6,000-year old moon. But as you may see by Shadowhawk's post, his confusion appears to have waxed like the 6,000-year old moon.

Big diff, peeps.

#8 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

I see all my fans are here but there are some of them missing.  :(

• Needs references x 2

#9 sthira

• Topic Starter
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

I see all my fans are here but there are some of them missing.  :(

I'm definitely a huge fan, dear Shadowhawk, and I'll do my best to wrangle in more of your legions. Meanwhile, Shadowhawk, when you were an eight-year old "pre-Shadowhawk," were you ever called "Shadow of Shadowhawk?"

#10 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

How did you know :excl:

#11 YOLF

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

I don't know, if we examine the impact of SH's topics, he's vastly improved the SEO rankings of all those videos he's posted and their affiliated websites. Everytime anyone has quoted him or he has quoted himself, LongeCity is logged as having cast a SEO vote by the various search engines. Shadowhawk has outsmarted all of us. While we were arguing against his silly posts, the popularity of the topics soared and increased the SEO ratings even further. Next he will tell us that these videos aren't all that popular and don't have many views. He will hope that we haven't thought much more deeply about it and don't know that the view counts posted on youtube are only representative of the number views the video has gotten from people accessing it on youtube and not the number of views which are picked up on forums where these videos are being posted by people like shadowhawk day in and day out. 

We all know that conventional spam doesn't last long. We see it we delete it and the SEO ratings are adjusted accordingly. In order to get away with spam, and make it pay, you have to be a regular poster, even a paying member of the website. It can't be obvious. In fact, faith groups can even bait people into buying SEO services through shell companies, use robospam or cheap foreign spammers to get poor results and donate the proceeds to a faithgroup in sponsorship of a ShadowHawk. Gotta love faithgroups...

So what do we do about shadow hawk? How do we prevent ourselves from being victims of nonpaying marketers and viral marketers? Can we prove the existence of SH as a spammer? Do we have access to the evidence that he is really a spammer that's sponsored by a faith business? How does everyone feel about this having spent so much of their presently limited lifespans unwittingly helping SH and his sponsors?

• Good Point x 1

#12 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

Three posts by SH and no videos!  Hallelujah... There IS a god!

• Good Point x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#13 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

I have no sponsors and am not a part of a group and this is not spam.  I am just a single Christian who came to this web site because I am interested in life extension . No conspiracy no plan, what you see is what you get.  I assume the same is true of the rest of you.  Yes I am a person of faith posting at times on Longecity's Spirituality and Religion section of the blog.  So, many people do.

I do have a lot of friends.  Many of them are Christians.  Many are not.  Are people of Faith excluded from Longecity.  No talk rules here?  Do we all have to believe the same?  Is this a version of a secular church?  Lets see.

• Needs references x 1

#14 YOLF

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

Perhaps you are a manchurian candidate? 

You're free to believe whatever you believe, but the impact of your posts of the SEO rankings and other popularity metrics is very strong considering the quality to impact ratio.

#15 johnross47

• 747 posts
  • Location:table 42 in the restaurant at the end of the universe

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

Perhaps you are a manchurian candidate? 

You're free to believe whatever you believe, but the impact of your posts of the SEO rankings and other popularity metrics is very strong considering the quality to impact ratio.

Perhaps he has a special religious variant of autism, which allows him to commit appalling crimes against logic, reason and ordinary decent behaviour, without embarrassment, because he is protected against self-awareness by it. Perhaps he sees his profuse contributions as not just massive quantity, but massive quality as well.

• Good Point x 1

#16 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

Name calling and personal attacks seem to be the norm.  All of Longecity is not like this.  My understanding is that Jews, Christians, and other faiths are welcome.  You sure do welcome anti theists and tolerate them.  I have posted where appropriate and followed the rules.  So, what is the big deal?

• Good Point x 1

#17 YOLF

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

I'm saying that you may need an intervention. If you're manic posting of videos and such is significantly improving the search/popularity metrics of someone and they aren't paying for advertising with us, it falls under our policy against viral marketing, not to mention we aren't getting paid to redirect our users to their sites. 

So you're either aware that your posting activities are promoting people who should be paying us for advertising, or you're being someone's fool and that person should pay you for being their fool, and you should both be paying us to advertise on our website and following our policy against viral marketing. You create alot of content, sure, but we don't have any advertisers in this forum... so in the interest of monetizing our R&S forum, we have to moderate it in such a way that it is attractive to advertisers or use it to the benefit of our RLE advocacy goal and offer free advertising to RLE relevant churches such as the Venturists, the Church of Perpetual Life, the Temple of the Vampire, the Mormon Transhumanist Associate (or something like that) etc.

As for John, I'm hoping his comments aren't meant to be inflammatory towards people with Autism.

#18 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

Well you are totally imagining things.  This has absolutely 0 basis in fact and I am telling you this is total and complete nonsense.  There is something else going on here and this has nothing to do with it.

#19 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

In all seriousness, Shadowhawk has not done anything out of the ordinary for a creationist. Nothing out of the ordinary for a fundie. Every last one of them are this ridiculous on this topic and the topic of religion in general, and frequently more puerile, more incoherent and more irrational than SH. Video spamming, copypasta without citation, dodging, distorting, lying, folk logic, bad logic, poor understanding of informal fallacies and the scientific method, declaring victory, all this shit I've seen countless times before so to me it's hardly noteworthy, just something infinitely amusing. I do have a form of autism and this has been one of my interests for more than a decade. Lots of my interests have changed over the years but biology, particularly evolution-creationism controversy, was among the first. It's actually mellowed so I'm not obssesive about it, but it'll always be like an old best friend.
  • Good Point x 1

#20 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

By the way most of the videos I have posted are youtubes which are available all over the internet and are related to the subject under discussion and not some advertisement for anything.  They are part of the discussion and directly related to it.  If you don't want religious discussions  than have the courage to say so rather than these trumped up charges.  I would like to talk to someone with more authority so I can get the straight scoop on where Longecity is really at.  I don't believe Longecity has this view nor have I done anything wrong.

#21 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

In all seriousness, Shadowhawk has not done anything out of the ordinary for a creationist. Nothing out of the ordinary for a fundie. Every last one of them are this ridiculous on this topic and the topic of religion in general, and frequently more puerile, more incoherent and more irrational than SH. Video spamming, copypasta without citation, dodging, distorting, lying, folk logic, bad logic, poor understanding of informal fallacies and the scientific method, declaring victory, all this shit I've seen countless times before so to me it's hardly noteworthy, just something infinitely amusing. I do have a form of autism and this has been one of my interests for more than a decade. Lots of my interests have changed over the years but biology, particularly evolution-creationism controversy, was among the first. It's actually mellowed so I'm not obssesive about it, but it'll always be like an old best friend.

There is much we don't agree on but you are right, I have not done anything out of the ordinary and I have followed the forum rules.  The fact is I am only one of a small percentage of theists on this blog and I am here because of Life Extension, not belief that this is going to get me eternal life.  If you think this will somehow get you eternal life, I sympathize but my faith is at best agnostic.  I don't believe it.

But, I am for the program and I want to live as much as anyone else.This is a blog and blog things happen.  Much is off the cuff and if we were writing a book there is much related to form we would be worried about.  When someone communicates here I judge it as a blog.

#22 YOLF

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

But that's precisely where they are abusing their religious protection. They masquerade as ignorant creationist fundies so those who don't get it let them get away with the promotion of this kind of thing. I'm not aware that LongeCity in it's stated goals are to be party to the support or propogation of any group that is not explicitly involved with radical life extension without being paid for it. You need to understand that are abusing you through what they're doing.

By the way most of the videos I have posted are youtubes which are available all over the internet and are related to the subject under discussion and not some advertisement for anything.  They are part of the discussion and directly related to it.  If you don't want religious discussions  than have the courage to say so rather than these trumped up charges.  I would like to talk to someone with more authority so I can get the straight scoop on where Longecity is really at.  I don't believe Longecity has this view nor have I done anything wrong.

And people get paid for posting youtube videos. You just have to use the "monetize my channel" option and you start sharing google's ad revenue for your videos. Getting people to watch them exposes them to advertising or creates "impressions." Failing that, the link to the video improves the SEO and other pop metrics of the page and poster causing them to get free promotion. Sometimes we get spammed by "lorem ipsum" type spam with a link and that's why they do it. Filter that kind of spam out and they upgrade to a new type of spam that is harder to detect (it's not that we're the first to filter it either, they just use the lowest version possible to keep their options open and keep the internet blind to them). Extrapolate from that and we learn that there are lots of different spamming methods including yours.

I imagine there must be a site somewhere for Christians that asks people to promote videos and other links. So if you are able to concoct some discussion that allows you to drop links, you can no doubt get paid by providing them a link, or failing that, you raise money for a church or some other organization by spamming our website.

Whether you're a Manchurian candidate or otherwise, you're not welcome to videospam us. We've already invited you to a conversation with LongeCity's Board and Officers and I've already explained that viral marketing is forbidden and all other forms of marketing must be paid for and approved prior to being placed on the site. I'm waiting for a good reason not to ban you, but so far you've only tried to derail and confuse people.

If you want to post a video as the topic of discussion, you can discuss a video, but you can't post them the way that you do dozens at a time. It's distracting and there are several other warnings I could give you. I've been more than lenient to this point and you're continuing to be a problem.

• Needs references x 1

#23 YOLF

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:58 PM

There is much we don't agree on but you are right, I have not done anything out of the ordinary and I have followed the forum rules.  The fact is I am only one of a small percentage of theists on this blog and I am here because of Life Extension, not belief that this is going to get me eternal life.  If you think this will somehow get you eternal life, I sympathize but my faith is at best agnostic.  I don't believe it.

But, I am for the program and I want to live as much as anyone else.This is a blog and blog things happen.  Much is off the cuff and if we were writing a book there is much related to form we would be worried about.  When someone communicates here I judge it as a blog.

This is a forum. Forums are different than blogs and should be posted to differently than one posts to a blog. If you'd like to post a blog, use your blog. But don't treat the forum as a blog. Both forums and blogs are used for different purposes. Forums require more attention to detail. But this is just more derailment. We're here for a purpose, and that purpose is to radically and indefinitely extend human lifespans and the R&S forum is for people who believe in this kind of thing. It's hard to find a faithgroup that won't stone you for wanting to live forever, and I can't imagine how many people our movement has lost to the deathist meme which is perpetrated upon mankind. LongeCity isn't going to be a victory for a death church. Think of LongeCity's R&S forum as an elevator into a man made heaven where people never die and BS always exceeds the weight limit.

• Agree x 2

#24 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

I appreciate where you come from but I don't feel abused. I have done some small good in my efforts to amuse myself, others have learned a few things from me and I from them.

I do understand your concern over the repeated use of Discovery Institute -related videos, especially because they are definitely interested in making money. They are quite literally professional liars. In an argument over ID though, that's par for the course since the Discovery Instutite Fellows are the primary and in some ways the ONLY source of ID propaganda. Creationists nearly always post a slew of videos because they are too inept to make their own arguments, and because the videos make their positions seem more authoritative. This isn't limited to Christian creationists. I guarantee you that if SH were Muslim, he would post just as much if not MORE videos from just as few sources, Muslims tend to be even worse with argumentation and post more videos. Neither group has little else. It's also a form of the Gish Gallop, a tactic a lot of fundies rely on whether they do it on purpose or not.

Why does a religion section exist on this site? This is just asking for trouble if admins don't want debates going on. I think this is pretty tame for a religion forum. Check out the myriad groups on Facebook, anywhere you see fundies, you tend to see a slew of videos among written arguments that are nearly unintelligible from sheer lack of proper grammar, spelling and sentence structure. Most simply don't know what they're talking about, so they post videos of slick apologists because they were impressed by them.

If there were more fundies posting in this section, you would quickly see how unremarkable SH is.

I wouldn't be averse to restricting the amount or frequency of video posting though, since it would force people to put arguments in their own words.

Edited by Duchykins, 16 July 2014 - 12:26 AM.

#25 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:20 AM

I'm not saying that people being paid to proselytize, spam links to websites or videos doesn't happen because I've seen it firsthand and busted people cold under the employ of various organizations such as the Discovery Institute, Answers in Genesis, and Creation Ministries International, but I think it may be prudent to practice innocent-until-proven-guilty.

#26 YOLF

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

I appreciate where you come from but I don't feel abused. I have done some small good in my efforts to amuse myself, others have learned a few things from me and I from them.

I do understand your concern over the repeated use of Discovery Institute -related videos, especially because they are definitely interested in making money. They are quite literally professional liars. In an argument over ID though, that's par for the course since the Discovery Instutite Fellows are the primary and in some ways the ONLY source of ID propaganda. Creationists nearly always post a slew of videos because they are too inept to make their own arguments, and because the videos make their positions seem more authoritative. This isn't limited to Christian creationists. I guarantee you that if SH were Muslim, he would post just as much if not MORE videos from just as few sources, Muslims tend to be even worse with argumentation and post more videos. Neither group has little else. It's also a form of the Gish Gallop, a tactic a lot of fundies rely on whether they do it on purpose or not.

Why does a religion section exist on this site? This is just asking for trouble if admins don't want debates going on. I think this is pretty tame for a religion forum. Check out the myriad groups on Facebook, anywhere you see fundies, you tend to see a slew of videos among written arguments that are nearly unintelligible from sheer lack of proper grammar, spelling and sentence structure. Most simply don't know what they're talking about, so they post videos of slick apologists because they were impressed by them.

If there were more fundies posting in this section, you would quickly see how unremarkable SH is.

I wouldn't be averse to restricting the amount or frequency of video posting though, since it would force people to put arguments in their own words.

I'm not saying that people being paid to proselytize, spam links to websites or videos doesn't happen because I've seen it firsthand and busted people cold under the employ of various organizations such as the Discovery Institute, Answers in Genesis, and Creation Ministries International, but I think it may be prudent to practice innocent-until-proven-guilty.

That's my point exactly. What you're seeing is a viral marketing tactic that faith groups get away with b/c some of us don't know any better or don't want to tackle it. It's not easy to see, and all of them being basically the same doesn't change anything. You go and you offer people a chance at empowerment by creating a demonstration that enables them to feel righteous, passionate or zealous in their promotion of faith person x or whatever and they copy it. They then go and do it and the video owners benefit from it. Sometimes they know what they're doing, sometimes they don't. If they are creating the situation/demonstration or subliminally teaching someone to do this for them, they know what they are doing, if they aren't then they are the fools. Faithgroups are perhaps the oldest viral marketers around.

Edited by cryonicsculture, 16 July 2014 - 01:55 AM.

• unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#27 sthira

• Topic Starter
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

People, people, peeeeeeple...  Has God Almoghty (I meanSH) taught us nothing? The topic here is is there EVIDENCE?!  Here I see only Nonsense. No Evidence. Please leave tragicomic conspiracies to the professionals. 

Shadowhawk (I mean Almighty), you may resume commenting. Prove Thyself.

Edited by sthira, 17 July 2014 - 07:22 PM.

• WellResearched x 2
  • like x 1

#28 johnross47

• 747 posts
  • Location:table 42 in the restaurant at the end of the universe

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

I'm saying that you may need an intervention. If you're manic posting of videos and such is significantly improving the search/popularity metrics of someone and they aren't paying for advertising with us, it falls under our policy against viral marketing, not to mention we aren't getting paid to redirect our users to their sites. 

So you're either aware that your posting activities are promoting people who should be paying us for advertising, or you're being someone's fool and that person should pay you for being their fool, and you should both be paying us to advertise on our website and following our policy against viral marketing. You create alot of content, sure, but we don't have any advertisers in this forum... so in the interest of monetizing our R&S forum, we have to moderate it in such a way that it is attractive to advertisers or use it to the benefit of our RLE advocacy goal and offer free advertising to RLE relevant churches such as the Venturists, the Church of Perpetual Life, the Temple of the Vampire, the Mormon Transhumanist Associate (or something like that) etc.

As for John, I'm hoping his comments aren't meant to be inflammatory towards people with Autism.

Like Duchykins I speak from personal experience of life on the spectrum. 

#29 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

On MSNBC, Pastor Mike Aus reveals he's no longer a believer in a god. He says: "One of the dirty little secrets of Christianity is hardly anyone ever reads the Bible, and I think if they did the whole thing would be in big trouble."

• like x 4
  • Off-Topic x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users