• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Hypocrisy in modern society -- life or death

hypocrisy immortality death

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 holdout

• 37 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:43 AM

I find it interesting how when you ask most anyone if they would like to commit suicide, their response would be "No", but then, if you ask the same person, "If you could live forever, would you?", their response is also "No".  If we were immortal like jellyfish, are these people opting for "suicide by recklessness" as if to imply, "No, I don't want to live forever -- I am waiting to let myself be killed by something in a few decades."?  Could it be our finite mentality shuddering at the thought of no end?  Or is it the way we were programmed through upbringing into the cult known as "modern society", being crafted/moulded to pursue and desire a finite lifespan?  Or is it our naturally-selected trait of herd psychology: wanting to blend in and be like everyone else?  What do YOU think?  ;)

#2 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:21 AM

After a period of time, you die. You have no choice in the matter, you try your hardest, but all the cells in your body are done and you're finished. Suicide finishes you off before your body completes the cycle. One is abrupt, the other is not and expected.

#3 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:31 PM

The important thing is we are aware of choice. I choose to live as long as I can. I choose to consider my responsibilities to the ones around me and not kill myself. I choose to compare what I get communicated with, to my own personal knowledge of experience.
I don't just assume the herd mentality, but some people feel better with it. Choosing the best question is often more important than any answer. This is because the mind becomes open to the potentials of the answers(this leads to more information being found), not just waiting for a single answer to appear. Often the answer will appear out of thin air, or you bump into it, this is just your higher self interacting with the universe. I hope this clears some things up.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:41 PM

A big problem an individual (community member) has is when the mind has a compulsive repetitive loop of thought. This happens when the mind is tiered through lack of nutrition and the stronger fitter most used parts of the biology dominate the issues and patterns of use. Diet iS one cure, but if someone is run down that low they probably have spiritual entities piggy backing their mind/vehicle. We are never alone.

#5 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:55 PM

The inevitability of death has been embeded in the human kind for solong, that the people have built an absolute resignation for the death, and they have built the world arround them in a way, as if they don't mind at all that they will die. 

This resignation further has developed into an automatic rejection of every thought and idea, that may suggest that the death is not necessary inevitable. This automatic rejection seems to bypass the areas of the brain, that respond for analyzing for decisions making. It is like an automatic reflex on everything, that says that the death is not inevitable. Thanks to that the people are still mortal.

This personal and social behaviour is clearly in a conflict with the survival instincts, that try to keep you alive.

This is why, don't be curious when some idiot says you "Ofcourse I will not kill myself, and ofcourse I will not just sit and wait for my death in dangerous situations." and after several sentencies the very same idiot say "hahaha! Ofcourse I will die. Ofcourse I want to die when my time comes. Ofcourse I will not try to do anything to make people immortal. How stupid questions! Hahahaha!" Such of illogisms are being cleared only when the survival instinct become powerfull enough to disturb the artifitial belance with the idiotism for dying. For example when the above idiot is in the dying bed from heart disease at his 80's. Then the idiot forgets his choice to die when his/her time has come and whips to the doctors and begs like a slug for his miserable idiotic life.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hypocrisy, immortality, death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users