• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Modafinil Experience (changed my life, REALLY!)

modafinil

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 stfu2014

• 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:26 AM

I started taking modafinil about 1 year and 3 months ago, April 2nd, 2013. I took Modafinil 3 to 4 time a week. 

Side Effects: dry mouth, hard to sleep at night, and sometime some awkwardness in social situation. 

Stack: Modafinil (3 to 4 time a week 200mg), and Melatonin 5mg. 

After that day modafinil changed my life!

I became depressed after transferring to university from junior college. I was a full time student. At the beginning of each quarter I would enroll in 4 classes and by the end of each courses I would end up dropping 1 to 2 classes or failing 1 class. Due to depression and anxiety I wouldn't go to class a lot. Out of 4 days of class, I would probably skip at least 2 days. It took me 6 days to graduate from college. It would have been longer if it wasn't for Modafinil.

I had taken Adderall before to study for finals. I always felt I had ADD. One day I came across this website. I just lurked around and in January I bought Piracetam that didn't work so I tried Aniracetam. That didn't work either. I came across a lot of post about modafinil. I was little hesitant to buy it science it was being shipped from India and it was illegal in US with a prescription.

Our winter quarter ended and I was on spring break checking my grades and I had dropping 1 class and failed another. So I ended pulling the trigger and ordered Modafinil. I ordered on Monday (spring break week) and got the package next Tuesday. My college started on Monday but I didn't go to class because I was sick. On Tuesdays I had night class, I was still feeling sick and I wasn't going to go to class. But around 12 pm I got my shipment. So I decided to take half a pill 100 mg. It took 1 hour for the effects to kick in but I was still feeling sick. But I just wanted to do things I ended up doing the laundry started to research how fast I can graduate and all the classes I needed to take. I ended up making an excel file that outlined each class I would take each quarter. I ended up going to class and I wasn't feeling depressed or anxious I ended up talking to few people who were sitting next to.

I had so much motivation through out the quarter. I went to most of my classes. I did skip a few classes but that was due to sleep issue on Modafinil. I looked forward to going to class now which was a huge surprise for me. I set my sight high, I wanted to get a 3.5 GPA that quarter, I had never been on a Dean's List in my life. I also talked to few people in each of my class. I felt comfortable talking to strangers. I also ended up doing 3 group presentation, again, this is a really big deal for me because before I would check ratemyprofessor to make sure there was no presentation in class. Fast forward to end of the quarter, I ended up getting 3.5 GPA, FINALLY GOT ON DEAN'S LIST. I also didn't drop any classes. 

I ended up passing 4 classes in summer '13 quarter, fall '13 quarter, winter '14 quarter and 5 classes in spring '14 quarter. I didn't end up on the dean's list but it was 3.0 and up. And finally graduated in June, a year and a half ago I didn't think I was going to graduate. 

I just wanted to share my experience. And thank all Longecity members, you guys help me change my life. 

• like x 4
  • Cheerful x 2
  • Informative x 1

#2 Jennifer Kurtz

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for really helpful information ... I am in fact looking for memory enhancing supplement that me help to get at top of my educational life... quite struggling now a days with my long assignments, hesitate presenting in front of class, and often feel ashamed in talking and sharing my views with someone else..

I never tried any nootropic yet but hear a lot about it from my friends.... Daily reading quite good articles on famous nootropics blogs and now here on longecity to learn more about these memory boosting supplements like Piracetam, Modafinil, Noopept, Choline etc.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

Anyone considering modafinil should have their liver function checked before then one week after regular supplementation.

Other things worth checking with this molecule

Blood Pressure

Personality changes

Body Rash

Remember that even when you're taking mod you still need sleep!

Also reports have indicated that some generic overseas manufacturers are selling fake mod.

Modafinil (not the precursor) was killing my liver even at low doses. A real shame because i loved its effects.

#4 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

stfu2014 did you have anxiety or social phobia before modafinil use? Your post reminds me of some reports of using stimulants to treat SA (dopamine effects).

#5 stfu2014

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

stfu2014 did you have anxiety or social phobia before modafinil use? Your post reminds me of some reports of using stimulants to treat SA (dopamine effects).

I was always shy but when I transferred to University I started getting social anxiety from smoking weed and being depressed. I stopped smoking 1 year later but I still had anxiety after quieting. But yeah I did have anxiety before using modafinil.    

#6 stfu2014

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Quite struggling now a days with my long assignments, hesitate presenting in front of class, and often feel ashamed in talking and sharing my views with someone else.

I was in the same situation as you. Do you research, but I would highly recommend Modafinil. It really helped me with my motivation, and anxiety.

Hope modafinil will help you as much as it did for me!   

#7 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:12 AM

I was always shy but when I transferred to University I started getting social anxiety from smoking weed and being depressed. I stopped smoking 1 year later but I still had anxiety after quieting. But yeah I did have anxiety before using modafinil.    

Maybe this can help explain some effects

BOLD fMRI revealed significantly decreased amygdala reactivity to fearful stimuli on modafinil compared with the placebo condition
Modulatory Effects of Modafinil on Neural Circuits Regulating Emotion and Cognition
http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3013347/

The problem is that many people experience bad effects like more anxiety or depressive thoughts. Also diarrhea, skin itchiness, rush, sleep problems, tiredness after use, etc.

Edited by noos, 24 July 2014 - 01:51 AM.

#8 Jennifer Kurtz

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

stfu2014 I did little research on modafinil but not get in detailed.... could be please provide more about your experience with modafinil.

My questions are: What exactly the postive effects of modafinil? How it works? How it improve your mental capabilities? What is the right dosage? Side-effects of modafinil.

and finally what are the best online sources to order quality modafinil?

#9 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:52 AM

stfu2014 I did little research on modafinil but not get in detailed.... could be please provide more about your experience with modafinil.

My questions are: What exactly the postive effects of modafinil? How it works? How it improve your mental capabilities? What is the right dosage? Side-effects of modafinil.

http://www.gwern.net/Modafinil

#10 stfu2014

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

Sorry for the late response, I've been a little busy with work. Noos posted some good info on the effects. You can also go to reddit's nootropics subreddit, they also have good info on there, and of course longecity has amazing information of individuals experience.

modup.net is a reliable source!

Hope this helps.   

#11 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

For me modafinil changed my life too. Before I was a smily guy, very motivated by life.

Now I'm depressed, always tired and with a permanent heavy-head feeling and it's 2 years later....

Modafinil gave me some very unique side-effects, like very destroying sleep paralysis that have left me with a very strong head-awareness. Muscle twitching, fainting... and General anxiety Disorder. Yeah fabulous stuff

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#12 Jennifer Kurtz

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

http://www.gwern.net/Modafinil

Thanks .... really excellent article .. well explained

#13 Jennifer Kurtz

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

Thanks Brainfogged for the instructions. Already these things are in mind.

Thanks Again

#14 Ekscentra

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

Starting on 50mg Armodafinil tomorrow, and this thread strongly reinforces that decision. Also starting on Desoxyn in 2 weeks - real excited to see how effective these two are with Intuniv.

I cured my depression months ago with 5-MeO-MiPT after suffering for 12 years, but I could definitely use the surge in motivation and anxiety relief. I'm confident Armodafinil will be exactly what I'm looking for. I'll report back on my results as soon as I can.

#15 ModaMinds

• 83 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

Good to hear about your success. It's always important to mention that modafinil requires discipline. Lots of people are looking to use it for school like you were, and it can definitely help with studying. However, while it can help one focus, that doesn't mean you'll be focused on what you should be. For example, if you should be studying physics but are super interested in football, you may spend seven hours creating Excel sheets about your favorite players instead of physics. ;)

• Agree x 1

#16 Falco78

• 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:56 PM

I know this is an older thread but I tend to take modafinil 200mg 4 times a week and the focus has been very good while using it. I feel sharp and energetic while not jittery at all. I also take milk thistle and Liv52 DS as I have read a few reports that it is hard on the liver.

• like x 1

#17 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:46 PM

For me modafinil changed my life too. Before I was a smily guy, very motivated by life.

Now I'm depressed, always tired and with a permanent heavy-head feeling and it's 2 years later....

Modafinil gave me some very unique side-effects, like very destroying sleep paralysis that have left me with a very strong head-awareness. Muscle twitching, fainting... and General anxiety Disorder. Yeah fabulous stuff

What was your modafinil dose?
Any other drug or supplement?
Did you sleep?
I hope you are better now. Please update.

#18 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:54 PM

Love it for motivation, focus, energy, appetite suppression at 100 mg at start of work and another 50 mg late morning.

Going to try Modalert from Modafinilstar. Just received sample from them yesterday. They were shipped 1 December from Bangalore.

The packs look quite new with manufacturing date 9/2016 and expiration 8/2018.

I'll try the Modalert next week when I'm back at work and update.

#19 modafinilman

• Registrant
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 04:14 AM

Well, the evidence for the cognitive-enhancing benefits of Modafinil are outstanding. It does indeed have life-changing abilities, but that doesn't mean that it should be abused by taking it often...

I've found this long story quite... amusing, yet inspiring: https://smartnootrop...-awesome-story/

I'm sure that there are countless others of such stories. But I'm pretty sure all this cognitive enhancing thing has some downsides to it... Hope they're not all that bad.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 06:34 AM

As I've experienced a number of times, Modafinil can wreck your sleep, even 10-12 hours after dosing. If you're going to use it you need to be very proactive about your sleep hacking and before bed regimen. Here's what I did to fall right asleep and enjoy a night of very restorative sleep after having done 200 milligrams of Modafinil that morning...

1*k0yRD9S4iqYI8BxyA8jA9w.jpeg

Watch: How to get AMAZING sleep after a "Modafinil Day" [MODAWAKE® Biohacker Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modafinil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users