Photo
- - - - -

Your input on my list.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shrewd

• 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:25 AM

Allright, a little about myself since I'm new :). I'm 21 years old and I've noticed pretty much since high school, once work started getting harder I was unable to focus and my attention span was very short. Stupid little things would always distract me etc, poor sleeping, tired most of the time etc etc. Well I managed to scrape through high school and graduated.

I have always been very smart with computers, I do a lot of custom system builds etc on my own time and enjoy it. I managed to get certified as a technician by CompTIA (A+ certified) but what bothered me the most about that it took me 5 months of studying because of stupid little concepts that I couldnt grasp even though I had a great deal of background knowledge over the years I've used computers.

knew it was time to get my *** in gear and get my other certifications done so I can start my career. So I got all my books etc, however I could never motivate myself to sitdown and actually start reading, and if I managed to I'd wander of in 5 min's either doing somthing else or I would read the book but wouldn't retain a thing, such frustration! I could even relate this type of thing back to elementary school were I would have to force my self and sitdown and read a book 4-5 times just to grasp a basic concept, defientely not right. I started to relate more and more to the past, trying to remeber how I was in junior high, and even before that and things kept poping up.Multi tasking for me was definetly a No no, I was always loosing things (I lost 4 sweaters in 3 months) and other then that I was just mad at myself trying to understand what was going on with me.

Now I always research things and I came to the conclution that it was a possibility that I might have ADHD, so I went to my doctor who then refered me to a shrink. He started asking a bunch of questions to test me etc. This was done about 3 months ago and I had roughly 90% of the symptons of ADHD. It blew my mind knowing if I would of got this looked at earlier in my life and paid attention to comments on my reports etc that I may have had this problem.

So I was then perscribed Ritilan at 2x20mg a day (which im on right now, I see my doc tomorrow for a new script) which has been working well for the most part, I see to be focused quite well, but still lacking motivation sometimes. More organized, gradually now getting out of debt instead of buying things on impulse etc, I've paid off one 1500 dollar credit card already! I find myself to really burn out after my 2nd dosage, I expect this though, however it's not good, since I'm up at 5am and usually cant sleep to 12am or 1, I should be in bed right now actually haha. I still want to keep using ritialn and hopefully my dosage will be the norm 3x20mg a day. I know it's working because my family, especially my brother always comments on how much better I've been lately overall.

Now, so far I have these bulk poweders:

Priaceterm
Choline Bitrate

Is there anything else that could help me out, am I wrong with these ones?

Another things, people may say ADHD or ADD isnt real, I don't really care what people think, all I know so far ritilan has helped me out a great deal. I watched Tom cruise talk about ritilan and how bad it was, I think he needs to get his head checked.

#2 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:38 AM

Another things, people may say ADHD or ADD isnt real, I don't really care what people think, all I know so far ritilan has helped me out a great deal. I watched Tom cruise talk about ritilan and how bad it was, I think he needs to get his head checked.

Second that. I will personally never watch another Cruise movie as long as I live. He acts as if he is a medical professional or something (which he is not). But hey, you can't really get too mad about him. He is in the Scientology cult after all.

I also have ADD and currently take Strattera. It has help a bit, but I may consider switching over to Ritilan in the future.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 dirac

• 18 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:41 AM

First off congratulations on paying off some of your debt.

Generally, the recommendation for motivation is Glalantamine.
So, you might want to look into that.

Edited by dirac, 20 July 2005 - 07:12 AM.

#4 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:44 AM

The only thing that concerns me about Ritilan is that it is habit forming. This is the reason I chose Strattera. With Strattera you gradually work your way up to your dosage and then you simply stay at that level, taking it at a consistent time every day (around lunch time for me).

However, with ritilan I have heard that individuals gradually build up a tolerance and have to keep taking more and more. Now, this isn't always the case, but the temptation is to jack your dosage up to concentrate better, right? I mean couldn't this become a problem, or do you think that this isn't a big concern if you are careful about it?

#5 shrewd

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:08 AM

I've never really been worried about it becoming habit forming. Weekends or even some days I wont take it and it doesnt give me any negative affects, besides being unable to concentrate :) I think it's like any other drug though, you body will slowly build up resistance, then it's time to up the dosage or switch to another drug I guess :p It's all on the mindset of the person I would say and if they've had previous drug abuse etc. I personally don't have anything bad to say about ritilan, sometimes I get a little jittery but other then that it's somewhat working for me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:35 AM

The only thing that concerns me about Ritilan is that it is habit forming. This is the reason I chose Strattera. With Strattera you gradually work your way up to your dosage and then you simply stay at that level, taking it at a consistent time every day (around lunch time for me).

However, with ritilan I have heard that individuals gradually build up a tolerance and have to keep taking more and more. Now, this isn't always the case, but the temptation is to jack your dosage up to concentrate better, right? I mean couldn't this become a problem, or do you think that this isn't a big concern if you are careful about it?

You may want to consider trying Pyritinol I have found it quite helpful as a alternate to prescription drugs for those with ADD.

Yours In Health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users