Photo

Lawyer reports being in secret time travel & space travel project

time travel real?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:56 AM

TO AVOID ACRIMONY, IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS THIS, PLEASE STATE YOUR OPINION WITHOUT DENIGRATING OTHER PEOPLE OR THE SUBJECT MATTER.

Last night, attorney Andrew Basiago was a guest on Coast to Coast Am radio, in the US. He told an astonishing story of having participated in Project Pegasus, a secret DARPA project that the US government ran from 1968--1972. He writes on his website that he and others traveled to Mars as part of this project.  He was a child of a government official. He said that a number of government officials allowed their children to be used for these projects. He says there is life on Mars. [Laura Eisenhower, a descendent of President Eisenhower has also come forward to say she has been in secret government projects involving space. Mr. Basiago states that Ms. Eisenhower also says there is life on Mars.] Larger people were not able get through the time portals or something, so they used children. He states that the government used eight methods of time travel. According to him, they have kept this technology secret all this time. His account is unusually detailed, clear and cogent; what you'd expect from an attorney. He has dates, places, names etc. He states that teleportation of objects is happening and he wants it to be used more often more often to benefit humanity. Apparently one of the inventions was taken from plans made by Nikola Tesla. I had heard something about some of his papers going missing when he died and turning up in a government file or something. My God.

I can't say my hair stood on end when I heard this or that I had a strong gut feeling that this was real, but Mr. Basiago was very clear and detailed. At no time did he seem other than lucid and purposeful. It's been becoming clearer and clearer to a lot of people that our government has a lot more technology than it lets on. They seem to want to keep that to themselves for as long as possible. Witness the back doors into the internet, software, hardware, phones, etc. That sounded like a paranoid fantasy but it was real.

As I said, Mr. Basiago states that he has traveled to Mars, along with others, apparently through some kind of portal. I've heard other people talking about this, and stating that Barack Obama was part of this. [Yeah, I know how that sounds.] Some of those people sounded crazy. Maybe it was the subject matter, or maybe it was that person, or maybe that person was supposed to sound that way to discredit the whole thing. But now there's another voice talking about this stuff. Whoa. Here's something from Mr Basiago's website describing a lecture he gave: 

Andrew D. Basiago brought his Truth Campaign about the US time travel and Mars jump room cover-ups to Phoenix. In "Project Pegasus and the Advent of Time Travel, 1968-1972," Andy told the story of his experiences in DARPA’s Project Pegasus. Topics included the forms of time travel that emerged by 1970; why children were involved in time travel; what events the US government had prior knowledge of; time travel and the US presidency; and the implications of time travel in law and policy. This lecture was held Saturday, January 19, 2013 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the Clarion Hotel Phoenix Tech Center, 5121 East La Puente Avenue, Phoenix, AZ. In "The Mars Project in US Time Travel History, 1980-84," Andy related his experiences as a young man going to Mars for the CIA’s jump room program. Topics included his training for Mars in 1980; the purposes of the Mars jump room program; his fellow jumpers, including President Barack Obama; what the Red Planet was like; and his experiences visiting Mars via jump room from 1981 to 1984. This lecture was held Sunday, January 20, 2013 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the University of Advancing Technology, 2625 West Baseline Road, Tempe, AZ.

You might have to join Coast to Coast to listen to the show now, not sure. It would be worth it, I think.

http://www.coasttoco...show/2014/08/30

Mr. Basiago's site:

http://www.projectpegasus.net

Whoa. This is potentially huge.

If you want to discuss this, please state your opinion without denigrating other people or the subject matter.  There is no reason to insult people you disagree with.  

Edited by Luminosity, 01 September 2014 - 04:03 AM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:41 AM

My opinion is that Basiago is suffering from a mental disorder.  I hope that's not considered "denigrating".   Posting this and then asking people to comment without being denigrating of the people involved is kind of like presenting someone with a steaming pile of turds and asking them to describe it without any reference to smell, grossness, or the flies buzzing around it...

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#3 Lobotomy

• 110 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:51 AM

If anything it makes for a good Doctor Who episode.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:05 PM

"He says there is life on Mars. "

As far as I know there is no life on Mars. From time to time something "suspicious for life on Mars" appears, but nothing definately. It seems, that Mars is lifeless planet. If he is very sure about this statement, I think it will be the end of this story.

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

Threads like this are what happens when people don't know anything whatsoever about science and are so profoundly distrustful of institutions (governments at all levels, educational institutions, the press, business) that they attribute dark motives to them. It leads to an inability to differentiate between reality and fantasy, as long as the fantasy plays into ones preconceived notions. I could say something about how this relates to today's political landscape, but I probably shouldn't.
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#6 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

OF COURSE it was in Phoenix,AZ. Where else would these people go. Why can't they go to places like Las Vegas or something. Sigh.

Edited by redFishBlueFish, 04 September 2014 - 09:05 AM.

#7 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

I love this type of thing! :)
The chances of the story being true is so close to zero as makes no difference, but the amount of entertainment they provide is great and I love playing 'what if' with them.

Having read Graham Hancock et-al's books on the pyramids and Mars plays into these flights of fancy.
Here's an example of what I mean:

The Vostok ice core analysis of a fresh water lake in the Antarctic shows 4 ice ages of 100 000 years each with 30 00 year long peaks of high temperature in between. The graph looks similar to a pulse on a hospital monitor. (fact)
So one cant help wondering if high tech developed during these high temp periods and whether knowledge and perhaps high tech equipment may have survived in caches built in stable areas of the world.

Hancock's books, which are based on well researched facts speak of a door in the side of the Sphinx that leads to below the water table so that he was unable to explore further.
This door has subsequently been cemented over in a badly done attempt to 'repair' the Sphinx and has since dropped of the radar.
What's down there...!???

Hancock's latest book (I think) is about Mars and evidence that the planet was hit by a comet that came very close to destroying it. He speaks of a huge crater on one side and a huge mountain on the other side of the planet, possibly caused by said impact.
The side with the mountain is also geographically lower than the side with the hole, suggesting the possibility that the crust on that side was lost to space along with most of the atmosphere...

What if Mars used to be a nice habitable planet before a comet hit it?
What if it was inhabited?
What if there is a bone up there and the pyramids on Mars are man-made? :)
What if previous caches of high tech equipment and info have been found and enable fast space travel?
What if a forum similar to this one existed 100, 200, thousand years ago, but with a lot more answers?

This type of contemplation is very interesting and entertaining for me in this dreary and predictable world.
YMMV

Asking a person who IS broad minded if he is broad minded must be answered with "no."...
:)

Edited by Logic, 04 September 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#8 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:14 AM

Redfish, he presents his experiences all over the country.  Not quite sure what you point is.

Logic, I like your enthusiasm.  

As for one of the other posters, there is a handy ignore feature on this site.  It's a great feature, as I like to discuss emerging realities with open-minded people.  

Edited by Luminosity, 09 September 2014 - 05:15 AM.

• dislike x 1

#9 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:29 AM

So what proof does this guy offer ?

#10 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

This sounds like something cooked up by a lucid and intelligent paranoid schizophrenic. Obama visited Mars already and time-travel is real?

#11 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

What ever became of the green mermaid/statue on Mars - she might have been an avatar based time traveler!

Edited by Cactus Fastback, 09 September 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#12 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:00 AM

Lucid schizophrenic? Are schizophrenics known for being lucid?   Could you name some more of these lucid schizophrenics?  

Not sure what proof he has, you could look at his site.  I think there was a talk show where a number of people who said they were in the project spoke out.  I think Laura Eisenhower was one of them.  

#13 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:39 AM

There is a photograph, that he shows as a proof. He says it is taken in november 1863 and that it shows him as a child when he time-traveled to the Gettysberg address. The photograph, however is unclear and I personally can't distinguish the facial features of the child in it. Plus people have doubles. Some presidents for example have had doubles. Even if the child on the photo looks alot like him as a child, it still is not a proof.

#14 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:31 AM

There are insane people who can perform very demanding and intricate tasks despite their illness. The Norwegian mass-murderer and terrorist Breivik is one example, he pulled off a multi-year secret one-man operation and managed to murder 88 people. Now he is in jail and feels no kind of remorse -> psychopath. 

#15 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

There is a photograph, that he shows as a proof. He says it is taken in november 1863 and that it shows him as a child when he time-traveled to the Gettysberg address. The photograph, however is unclear and I personally can't distinguish the facial features of the child in it. Plus people have doubles. Some presidents for example have had doubles. Even if the child on the photo looks alot like him as a child, it still is not a proof.

Time travelers should always take a modern camera with them. And travelers to Mars need a pressure suit...even more than they need the CIA and Obama with them.

#16 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

Not sure what proof he has, you could look at his site.

No need for proof.  The story makes such perfect sense that "proof" would be overkill.

#17 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:48 AM

Could you name some more lucid schizophrenics?  Not psychopaths.  

#18 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:40 AM

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence - and here there seem to be none. There are scores of "believable" stories about aliens, angels, astral-travel, time-travel etc. but no proof of any kind. The apparent lucidity of teh story-teller does not make anything true. 

• like x 2

#19 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:42 PM

Ignorance + Magical Thinking + Profound Gullibility = People who believe in shit like this...

• like x 1

#20 YOLF

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

I think it's a coded message. I don't take it at face value... Face value would thus work out as ascribing this to a mental illness, but why let people go on about crazy stuff this way? Won't they be embarassed some day? They're talking about something else.

#21 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence 

Good point.  For the third time, please point out other examples of "lucid schizophrenics" whose existence you are positing.

There are scores of "believable" stories about aliens, angels, astral-travel, time-travel etc. but no proof of any kind. The apparent lucidity of teh story-teller does not make anything true. 

There is plenty of evidence of some of those things, which is "proof" enough for many.  If you have no willingness to believe any amount of evidence, than your demand for it is intellectually dishonest.  I'm not currently aware of that much "proof" for time travel, or this person's story, other than his testimony and apparently one blurry photograph which I've not yet looked at.  Given that most historical knowledge and most court cases before the modern era depended heavily on eye witness accounts, disregarding them is ignorant.  This witness is more compelling than most.  As stories develop, this kind of thing is often all we have to go on.  I find it fascinating. 

The apparent lucidity of the witness is not proof but it is something we should not disregard either.  Most people with stories like this are not lucid. Also, his apparent ability to work as an attorney and do speaking engagements all over the country is not generally consistent with being crazy, especially since he would not have the types of handlers that say, a rock star would have.  

There isn't always going to be "proof."  There's no reason to rule this story in or out at this stage.  Most of the stuff you believe and go by every day is "unproven" by your standards.  Did you demand a DNA test from your parents?      

Edited by Luminosity, 12 September 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#22 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

So there's not a hint of any proof. It it were real then surely another favourite conspiracy of the fantasy lovers would play out and this guy would've been found dead by now in a govt controlled operation.

#23 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

I have parents DNA test and other family members.....

#24 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

There is plenty of evidence of some of those things, which is "proof" enough for many.  If you have no willingness to believe any amount of evidence, than your demand for it is intellectually dishonest.  I'm not currently aware of that much "proof" for time travel, or this person's story, other than his testimony and apparently one blurry photograph which I've not yet looked at.  Given that most historical knowledge and most court cases before the modern era depended heavily on eye witness accounts, disregarding them is ignorant.  This witness is more compelling than most.  As stories develop, this kind of thing is often all we have to go on.  I find it fascinating.

I can't believe that you are fabricating a straw man ("no willingness to believe any amount of evidence") in order to accuse someone intellectual dishonesty.  Your willingness  to believe nonsense like this on the basis of NO evidence is pretty impressive, considering the way you hold yourself up as an authority on health matters and are constantly telling people to follow your dictates.  Your credibility is negligible, but I don't want threads like this to damage the credibility of Longecity.  Since this thread has nothing to do with science, I'm moving it out of the Science & Technology branch and into the Other Conversations / Unrelated to Life Extension area.

• like x 2

#25 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:44 PM

Similar 'Bunkam' in the form of the Philadelphia Experiment in the 1940's

#26 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

You were asked to refrain from denigrating the subject matter or people interested in it.  Why did you all come here?

#27 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

I'm not currently aware of that much "proof" for time travel, or this person's story, other than his testimony and apparently one blurry photograph which I've not yet looked at.  ....

You can find the photograph when google-ing with keywords "basiago photo". Here is an example, that I found:

http://www.google.bg...art=118&ndsp=21

#28 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:38 AM

Thanks.  It's blurry and you can't tell much from it, but it looks like it was from that time. 

#29 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

The evidence is mounting up then.

Lol
  • dislike x 1

#30 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:23 PM

In some recent quantum mechanics experiments - Teleportation of ever larger object/states is becoming possible - i mean from single particles to whole molecules. But macro objects, wa hey!

There's supposed to be some genuine research on messaging through time with photons - but objects through time ?eh eh.  

Edited by Cactus Fastback, 17 September 2014 - 02:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users