• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Zaul

• 120 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

#32 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:35 PM

Sounds a bit like that guy who called coast to coast fm to tell em that he shot Bigfoot (and his wife) back in the 70ies.

#33 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:12 AM

You mean, that this may be one and the samman, with more than one bazar stoy? Many things are possible. The people who posted so far as general think that Basiago is mentally ill. He may not be ill. Rather that he can be a fraud, making up his next hoax.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

Or not.

That was amazing.  I'd recommend the film clip about Mars.  He said he found a picture taken by NASA of Mars with Martians in it and published a paper about it in 2008.  Can anyone find that picture?  

#35 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

There were so many misinterpreted pictures of Mars, claiming, that there has been a life on it - the face on Mars, the marsian pyramids, at least a dozen of blury pictures showing "man made structures" on the surface of Mars. So far Mars is considered a lifeless planet and the pictures of the face and the pyramids were busted, when photographed from another angle.

As for Basiago's photograph here is what I found:

http://cherylkicksas...ed-life-on.html

Now, after the idea, that Basiago may be a fraud, this picture may be photoshoped or may be taken in another place. I will not be surprised if Basiago soon publishes a book for profit, about his ideas for Mars and time travel brought together.

• like x 1

#36 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:25 PM

I ment it sounds to fantastic and there is no real evidence.

Yes, it would be amazing if we would be able to travell through time and meet for example: Einstein, Tesla, Newton etc. or to see how Rome was built, or the pyramides, but this here is just another guy who wants to cash in on that idea, otherwise he would give us better evidence, and in such a case I demand better evidence. Iam not a believer who puts blind faith in something just because someone tells me a good and entertaining story.

#37 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

Plus the fraud becomes more and more developed. You may be amazed how what the technologies allow for the greedy people to do their hoaxes. Basiago (if fraud), is very outdated even if the mars man photo is hoaxed personally from him. There are fraudy people, who do amazing photoshops and who even maipulate videos, not a single picture. Here is an example of a hoax time travel video:

#38 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:28 AM

Thanks for finding the mars photo, Seivtcho.  It looks like a statue or a living person.  If it is a real unaltered picture, I don't believe it is a natural rock formation. 

• dislike x 1

#39 Xenthide

• 89 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:44 AM

The simplest reason that this is almost certainly not true is that the technologies proposed are just too far beyond human capability, even now, especially back in the 1980s.

Time travel and macro-teleportation if possible at all would both presumably require energy levels and precision engineering of matter and/or space-time in a manner that we have not even approached. It would be like a caveman suddenly figuring out how to build a fighter jet having not even mastered fire yet. The fundamentals are just not there.

That is, unless you propose some global government conspiracy reaching into the distant past to suppress the science of "the masses" while somehow managing to hand-pick the most elite scientists for generations, all the while ensuring that nothing leaks out, which by the sounds of it you haven't ruled out. I must point out though, and you surely must realise this, that a few software backdoors and mass surveillance of communication is not technologically that amazing, so it is strange you would use this as an example for why "the government has much more technology than it lets on".

Also...

Given that most historical knowledge and most court cases before the modern era depended heavily on eye witness accounts, disregarding them is ignorant. This witness is more compelling than most. 

No, it isn't. Most court cases before the modern era were probably decided based more on emotion and how much the judge or prosecutors liked the look of the defendant rather than any real evidence. Individual human beings are notoriously unreliable witnesses, and will frequently misremember events, forget important facts, and wholly fabricate events, to suit an agenda, or sometimes without even realising they're doing it. I assume that you also believe in ghosts, and the entire pantheon of most of the worlds major religions given the amount of eye-witness accounts of the aforementioned mythical beings.

In fact, the original prophets of all the worlds major religions were almost definitely also very lucid speakers who would have spoken at length of their interactions with beings that probably do not exist. Since the advent of modern science, the fact that someone communicates clearly and coherently is not reason in itself to throw reason out the window.

Occam's Razor dictates that this story is not true.

Also, there is almost definitely no macroscopic life on Mars. We've sent several robots there quite recently and there's been a lot of research, both by NASA and other organisations. Or is the entire body of modern research into space part of this global conspiracy as well?

#40 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:51 AM

Unfortunately for you, a tone of derision is not a reasoned argument.  

that a few software backdoors and mass surveillance of communication is not technologically that amazing, so it is strange you would use this as an example for why "the government has much more technology than it lets on". 

You'll have to take that up with the whole world, which was amazed.  That fact that the government had this astonishing technology and didn't let on, is, in fact, evidence that the government has much more technology than it lets on.  You must be young, as you know everything.  I will put you on ignore and give you some time to mature.   

Edited by Luminosity, 08 October 2014 - 04:52 AM.

• dislike x 2

#41 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

In other words she can't argue with clear headed logic, again, as usual.

#42 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:10 PM

Sorry Luminosity but there really was nothing technologically advanced in the way the government was able to eavesdrop on peoples data. It was all off the shelf stuff, no technology breakthroughs required. A few journalists were surprised that it could be done but that is more about their lack of technical knowledge. The general public were surprised because they didn't really understand it or give it much thought. They felt a breach of trust more than anything.
Personally I would expect nothing less from intelligence services if they are doing there job properly. Not saying I like it but I do understand why they do it. The only real issue is whether we can trust them and whether there is effective oversight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users