• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Drugs & supplements to permanently Increase Libido ?

libido ssri drugs pssd dopamine

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic
⌛⇒ MITOMOUSE has been fully funded!

#1 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:29 AM

Ok So I posted this in the introduction section but looks like most people don't look there . I would really appreciate if you guys can recommend stuff .. 

So I am currently suffering from Ahnedonic depression after taking 1 pill of paxil(ssri) 7 months ago( jan 2014) . I took it because I was feeling anxiety so I thought maybe it would help - worst decision of my life 

6 hours  later after swallowing the pill I was force jerking off 3 times in a row. The 3rd time I ejacuated I had an adverse reaction that made my emotions numb and I went into ahnedonic depression ! I don't know which neurotransmitter got fucked up or which receptors or synapse got effected ..

Before that I was on ssri like escitalopram and paxil from october 2012 to march 2013 and some anti-psychotic.. I went cold turkey due to the sexual side effects .. didn't face any withdrawal but just the sexual side effects never went away . I still have dead libido , Numb penis and no pleasure in orgasm. Some people may get permanent sexual effect after ssri use and looks like I am one of them..  this condition is called PSSD - post ssri sexual dysfunction. The serotonin receptors mainly the 5HTIA is down-regulated and desentisized .. Any idea on how to upregulate them ? or make them sensitive again ?

Lots of Drugs listed that help to allievate problem upto 80% but these drugs have to be taken for life.. there are no cure but many different treatments are available .. once you stop taking the drugs the symptoms return. lots of trail and errors to find the drug that works - my main problem is Libido and numb penis. 

So any one who has an idea how to heal these burned synapse or receptor or upregulate them.. any kind of drugs that can heal the serotonin receptors upregulate them make them sensitive pre ssri !!

This is a very good theory of what causes pssd - " When an SSRI gives you PSSD, the damage it actually did that causes this, is that it makes a serotonin receptor less sensitive. The type of receptor it damaged acts as a negative feedback loop. So when it is less sensitive, it is not inhibiting the amount of serotonin it releases as much as it should. This means it outputs too much serotonin into the next synapse. This excess of serotonin causes too much activation in the next receptor, this receptor's action is inhibition of dopamine. So the more serotonin you have binding to it, the more it inhibits dopamine release. When you are exposed to emotional and/or sexual stimuli, it causes your body to release a certain amount of dopamine. The serotonin inhibits it to a certain extent, so there isn't too much. When the inhibition is too great, you no longer have enough dopamine to have emotional and sexual experiences in the way that you did before. Ideally the idea is to start at the beginning of that chain of events, and have more serotonin so that it prevents itself, from inhibiting dopamine too much. That's not so easy though. However, using dopamine agnoists so there is more dopamine released can give you a net benefit even if you don't reduce inhibition. So the only way to fix a problem that is the result of incorrect levels of neurotransmitters, is to use a drug to correct those levels as much as possible. PSSD is from a desensitized 5HT1A autoreceptor in the Raphe nucleus. serotonin doesn't do enough on the presynaptic side anymore, so you end up with too much serotonin on the other side. SSRIs cause a build up on the postsynaptic side. So in either case you end up with too much serotonin being released into a dopamine receptor. The serotonin inhibits the release of dopamine. It seems to be the D2 type receptors that are mainly affected. Dopamine needs to rise to certain levels for experiencing sex. So if inhibition is too high, it gets stopped before it gets there. It's like a guy climbing a mountain, and this other guy is supposed to make him stop and rest when he gets to the top. But the guy becomes overzealous and starts trying to kick the climber back down the other side of the mountain before he gets to the top. So you need less serotonin so it doesn't do that. Due to the problem originating in the autoreceptor, you end up needing more serotonin there, so that it can inhibit itself from flooding too much serotonin into the next synapse. Because of it being desensitized, it needs more than it would normally have. It's even worse while on an SSRI, because reuptake is being inhibited. However it gets inhibited on both sides, so you might end up with even more serotonin on the the presynaptic side, which just makes it act as a negative feedback loop, thereby keeping the inhibition of D2 at a moderate level"

Edited by forexworld12, 01 September 2014 - 05:30 AM.

#2 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

There are a lot of interesting chemicals in this regard, but your perception of them is a little off.

Let me explain how this works.

5-HT1A downregulation is NOT going to cause libido issues directly, but indirectly because the PreSynaptic heteroreceptors inhibit serotonin release and function. (!)  However, POSTSYNAPTIC 5-HT1A activation may cause sexual dysfunction. (!) (!)

Thus more serotonin is now floating around at 1B,1D,1F,2A,2C,3,4,5 as a result of presynaptic 5-HT1A downregulation, yet the postsynaptic 5-HT1A's induce prolactin, endorphin, cortisol, ACTH and oxytocin release. (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

Practically every serotonin receptor dampens the libido and sexual function. (!)

Most prominently the 5-HT2A/2C Complex; as they play the neuroendocrine roles of inducing cortisol, ACTH and prolactin - all of which lower your testosterone. Transiently at the least; and accumulating. As time goes on this becomes more and more of an issue. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction is easy to treat, it's not.  In fact, it's the one neuroendocrine disorder that is incredibly difficult to treat, and takes time. Even hormone replacement therapy may not fully blunt the effects of this disorder; PSSD included, and there are no direct remedies to address all symptoms off the bat.  (!) (!) (!)

However, there is a combination of dietary techniques that can help reduce overall serotonin levels.

The first is raising histamine - which indirectly modulates serotonergic cell firing.(!) (!) (!) (!)

You can raise histamine by taking Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Vitamin B12, and Folate (but not methylfolate). (!)

You can also add a product called "YAMOA" which is an H3 blocker and will induce neuronal histamine release.

A few others have been documented to contain H3 blockers as well - such as "Kutaj". (!)  (!) (!)

You should also be on a high-protein diet. (!) (!)

Modafanil would be good in this regard, if it hadn't been for the serotonergic 3A activation it causes.(!)

In addition, using 5-HT2A antagonists; like Ketanserin, Trazodone or Remeron may help alleviate some of the vasoconstriction caused by SSRI use. They are commonly added as augmenters to SSRI's - and do indeed reduce some of the sexual sides. 

Chamomile and Lysine combo may help as they block the 5-HT4's - which also have constricting effects - and are the one of the strongest stimulant receptors by serotonin.  (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

Zofran (an anti-emetic drug) and Ginger have 5-HT3 blocking effects - and may have minor benefits as the 5-HT3 receptor is also known to participate in prolactin release. (!) (!)

In addition, the 5-HT4 receptor and estrogen are linked. (!) By minimizing or reducing estrogen levels (by means of an AI in particular), less sex drive dampening prolactin is released. 5-HT4 antagonism alone induces some vasodilation, depending on how much serotonin is around the other receptors..(!)

In the meantime, Ginkgo Biloba seems to have a positive effect on SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction. (!)  It acts as a PDE-5 inhibitor (!) (!) and can boost acetylcholine and glutamate; two neurotransmitters positively associated with libido and sexual function, and the same mechanism by which serotonin causes some dysfunction. (!)

Yohimbine has also been used with SSRI-induced SD - with many showing significant improvement. (!) (!)

Yohimbine benefits users in two ways. (!)

1.) By blocking alpha-2-receptors; thus improving circulation and indirectly releasing nitric oxide,histamine and acetylcholine.

2.) By blocking multiple serotonin subtypes.

Yohimbine and Trazodone are also incredibly synergistic.(!) As yohimbine blocks 5-HT1B/1D/1F/2B serotonin receptors and trazodone blocks 5-HT2A serotonin and alpha-1-adrenergic receptors - all of which will inevitably improve all aspects of sexual function, including libido. (!) (!)

There are also natural compounds that can reduce serotonin levels (and not just receptors).

Shilajit and Vitex immediately come to mind. (!) (!) (!)

Thus, one of the most powerful ingredient combinations that I suggest you try to alleviate your issue fairly quickly would be.

1.) Yohimbine 7 -12 mg twice a day; preferably morning and evening.

2.) Trazodone every night.

3.) Shilajit. (preferably "Black Indian" variety or high mountain variety). 

My article will explain more of this.

Natural OTC Serotonin Antagonists

--------------------------------------------------------

Natural Serotonin Receptor Blockers

Top PDE-5 Inhibitors and where to Get Them

I DID NOT COPY ANY OF THIS, EXCEPT THE SOURCE LINKS. This was all done manually as I took 10 minutes to write this out of good spirit.

I have extensively studied all of this, and have gone through it years back.

Edited by Area-1255, 02 September 2014 - 10:33 PM.

• like x 3
  • WellResearched x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#3 forexworld12

• Topic Starter
  • 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

There are a lot of interesting chemicals in this regard, but your perception of them is a little off.

5-HT1A downregulation is NOT going to cause libido issues directly, but indirectly because the PreSynaptic heteroreceptors inhibit serotonin release and function. (!)  However, POSTSYNAPTIC 5-HT1A activation may cause sexual dysfunction. (!) (!)

Thus more serotonin is now floating around at 1B,1D,1F,2A,2C,3,4,5 as a result of presynaptic 5-HT1A downregulation, yet the postsynaptic 5-HT1A's induce prolactin, endorphin, cortisol, ACTH and oxytocin release. (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

Practically every serotonin receptor dampens the libido and sexual function. (!)

Most prominently the 5-HT2A/2C Complex; as they play the neuroendocrine roles of inducing cortisol, ACTH and prolactin - all of which lower your testosterone. Transiently at the least; and accumulating. As time goes on this becomes more and more of an issue. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction is easy to treat, it's not.  In fact, it's the one neuroendocrine disorder that is incredibly difficult to treat, and takes time. Even hormone replacement therapy may not fully blunt the effects of this disorder; PSSD included, and there are no direct remedies to address all symptoms off the bat.  (!) (!) (!)

However, there is a combination of dietary techniques that can help reduce overall serotonin levels.

The first is raising histamine - which indirectly modulates serotonergic cell firing.(!) (!) (!) (!)

You can raise histamine by taking Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Vitamin B12, and Folate (but not methylfolate). (!)

You can also add a product called "YAMOA" which is an H3 blocker and will induce neuronal histamine release.

A few others have been documented to contain H3 blockers as well - such as "Kutaj". (!)  (!) (!)

Modafanil would be good in this regard, if it hadn't been for the serotonergic 3A activation it causes.(!)

In addition, using 5-HT2A antagonists; like Ketanserin, Trazodone or Remeron may help alleviate some of the vasoconstriction caused by SSRI use. They are commonly added as augmenters to SSRI's - and do indeed reduce some of the sexual sides. 

Chamomile and Lysine combo may help as they block the 5-HT4's - which also have constricting effects - and are the one of the strongest stimulant receptors by serotonin.  (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

Zofran (an anti-emetic drug) and Ginger have 5-HT3 blocking effects - and may have minor benefits as the 5-HT3 receptor is also known to participate in prolactin release. (!) (!)

In addition, the 5-HT4 receptor and estrogen are linked. (!) By minimizing or reducing estrogen levels (by means of an AI in particular), less sex drive dampening prolactin is released. 5-HT4 antagonism alone induces some vasodilation, depending on how much serotonin is around the other receptors..(!)

In the meantime, Ginkgo Biloba seems to have a positive effect on SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction. (!)  It acts as a PDE-5 inhibitor (!) (!) and can boost acetylcholine and glutamate; two neurotransmitters positively associated with libido and sexual function, and the same mechanism by which serotonin causes some dysfunction. (!)

Yohimbine has also been used with SSRI-induced SD - with many showing significant improvement. (!) (!)

1.) By blocking alpha-2-receptors; thus improving circulation and indirectly releasing nitric oxide,histamine and acetylcholine.

Yohimbine and Trazodone are also incredibly synergistic.(!) As yohimbine blocks 5-HT1B/1D/1F/2B serotonin receptors and trazodone blocks 5-HT2A serotonin and alpha-1-adrenergic receptors - all of which will inevitably improve all aspects of sexual function, including libido. (!) (!)

There are also natural compounds that can reduce serotonin levels (and not just receptors).

Thus, one of the most powerful ingredient combinations that I suggest you try to alleviate your issue fairly quickly would be.

I DID NOT COPY ANY OF THIS, EXCEPT THE SOURCE LINKS. This was all done manually as I took 10 minutes to write this out of good spirit.

DAMN,how did I miss this.

that's a hell amazing information ..

I really appreciate that you took your time out and wrote all of the gold information above ... Thank you very much sir !  that was very enlightening

I will look into the website ..

While I have tried wellbutrin 300mg xl for libido & penis sensation it didn't work - infact it made it worse ...150mg xl didn't make it better nor worse ..... I read it helps with pssd so was a bit dissapointed 

I will try all those .. another thing is what could 1 pill of paxil do to my brain that caused me severe reaction and I went into severe ahnedonia and depression. scared of yellow lights and anxiety ,fatugie , distress. actually I was jerking off multiple times after taking paxil and the 3rd time I ejacuated The reaction happened ..  

I had pssd before trying paxil but I didn't have ahnedonia or depression ....I know ssri does not directly effect dopamine auto receptors but seems like somehow it did 

Will the above treatment - can they worsen ahnedonia or depression - or make it worse ?? 

Thanks

Edited by forexworld12, 06 September 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#4 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:21 PM

I really appreciate that you took your time out and wrote all of the gold information above ... Thank you very much sir !  that was very enlightening

While I have tried wellbutrin 300mg xl for libido & penis sensation it didn't work - infact it made it worse ...150mg xl didn't make it better nor worse ..... I read it helps with pssd so was a bit dissapointed 

I will try all those .. another thing is what could 1 pill of paxil do to my brain that caused me severe reaction and I went into severe ahnedonia and depression. scared of yellow lights and anxiety ,fatugie , distress. actually I was jerking off multiple times after taking paxil and the 3rd time I ejacuated The reaction happened ..  

I had pssd before trying paxil but I didn't have ahnedonia or depression ....I know ssri does not directly effect dopamine auto receptors but seems like somehow it did 

Will the above treatment - can they worsen ahnedonia or depression - or make it worse ?? 

Thanks

Anhedonia generally occurs more likely with high serotonin - not low serotonin. Keep in mind serotonin can be stimulating as well when it binds to 5-HT7 receptor, 5-HT4 etc 

So the Prolactin-Adrenaline response from ejac in combination with the fight or flight reaction of serotonin probably tipped your system the wrong way. I would definitely recommend the trazodone, Yohimbine + Shilajit combination. These should improve all aspects of your quality of life - including libido and anhedonia.

• like x 1

#5 forexworld12

• Topic Starter
  • 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

Thanks

Anhedonia generally occurs more likely with high serotonin - not low serotonin. Keep in mind serotonin can be stimulating as well when it binds to 5-HT7 receptor, 5-HT4 etc 

So the Prolactin-Adrenaline response from ejac in combination with the fight or flight reaction of serotonin probably tipped your system the wrong way. I would definitely recommend the trazodone, Yohimbine + Shilajit combination. These should improve all aspects of your quality of life - including libido and anhedonia.

I don't have any idea about the 5-ht7 or 5ht4 but all I though was the 5htia,5ht2c/2a receptors Are less SENSITIVE to  serotonin and probably down regulated so that is what is causing the pssd .

I have tried remeron for sleep 15mg but it didin't help at all .

that's some good information - "Prolactin-adrenaline response for ejac after taking paxil with fight or flight tipped my system in the wrong way" I never understood why taking paxil and then masturbating 3 times in a row can produce an adverse reaction so bad that put me into extreme ahnedonia and depression... so its High serotonin ?  I am currently on 5mg escitalopram but that makes me more numb.... wellbutrin does Return 20% emotion back but gives depression like the emotions of cry, los hope and sadness !

I did search no information about the high serotonin infact most doctor assumes it's a low serotonin that causes depression . 

Isn't trazodone similar to ssri in a way ?  I have ordered shilajit gold and yohimbine... will get a prescription for trazodone.. 

also anything to help - de-realization sort of thing ? yello light anxiety etc

#6 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

Thanks

I don't have any idea about the 5-ht7 or 5ht4 but all I though was the 5htia,5ht2c/2a receptors Are less SENSITIVE to  serotonin and probably down regulated so that is what is causing the pssd .

that's some good information - "Prolactin-adrenaline response for ejac after taking paxil with fight or flight tipped my system in the wrong way" I never understood why taking paxil and then masturbating 3 times in a row can produce an adverse reaction so bad that put me into extreme ahnedonia and depression... so its High serotonin ?  I am currently on 5mg escitalopram but that makes me more numb.... wellbutrin does Return 20% emotion back but gives depression like the emotions of cry, los hope and sadness !

I did search no information about the high serotonin infact most doctor assumes it's a low serotonin that causes depression . 

Isn't trazodone similar to ssri in a way ?  I have ordered shilajit gold and yohimbine... will get a prescription for trazodone.. 

Like de-personalization ? Something that is also often caused by serotonergic overexpression.

The serotonin system is weird. 

While activation of serotonin 5-HT2C receptors facilitate penile erection, the vast majority of serotonin receptors inhibit it. Just as an example.

Also in females, hypoactive sexual disorder can be caused by excessive serotonergic activity, and this is NOT seen when 5-HT2C agonists alone are employed.

Yet ironically, the 5-HT2A/2C also induce corticosterone, prolactin and ACTH - all of which generally inhibit sex hormone production.

So apparently the OXYTOCIC (Oxytocin) effect matters more than the effects on other anterior pituitary hormones.

Although there are a whole heck of a lot of other NT's that promote oxytocin more readily and consistently than serotonin.

Serotonin is like the black sheep of the family.

Again,. let us not get to assume here that serotonin modulation in such a way is necessary in terms of finding agonists for 5-HT2C etc.

My overall feeling has and always is going to be the same - and that is that it is better to keep serotonin on the LOWER end of the threshold / bw volume.

Most serotonin receptors are INHIBITORY on libido and sexual functions - this does NOT mean they are all inhibitory by other means.

On the contrary, a large degree of serotonin receptors are actually stimulating (but not sexually).

5-HT1A, 1B , 1D 1F - INHIBITORY.    (Inhibitory on CNS, pupil restriction and negative neuroendocrine profiles) (inhibits many pro-cognitive neurotransmitters such as glut, acetylcholine, histamine and dopamine)

5-HT2A,2B,2C          - Stimulatory    (induce Cortisol, Prolactin, ACTH, Oxytocin by subtype 2c)

5-HT3                         - Stimulatory (induces nausea, and is involved in prolactin release)

5-HT4                         - Stimulatory (increases gut motility and cyclic AMP, thus why lysine is used for gut disorders, also is contractile)

5-HT5A                          - Inhibitory (inhibits cAMP formation and reduces serotonin synthesis)

5-HT6                           - Mixed     (mainly inhibits glutamate / acetylcholine)

5-HT7                         - Stimulatory (most potent cAMP stimulant out of Serotonin family, raises metabolism) ****

**** Theoretically 5-HT 7 is the only serotonin subtype you should keep around - if going on an extreme serotonin blocking mission.

One of the symptoms I've seen in many people with PSSD-SSRI-induced sexual / cognitive issues, is PUPIL CONSTRICTION.

Your pupils are smaller than they used to be etc.

Another one is diarrhea and gut issues.

Edited by Area-1255, 10 September 2014 - 05:31 PM.

• like x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#7 forexworld12

• Topic Starter
  • 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:44 AM

Thanks

Like de-personalization ? Something that is also often caused by serotonergic overexpression.

While activation of serotonin 5-HT2C receptors facilitate penile erection, the vast majority of serotonin receptors inhibit it. Just as an example.

Also in females, hypoactive sexual disorder can be caused by excessive serotonergic activity, and this is NOT seen when 5-HT2C agonists alone are employed.

Yet ironically, the 5-HT2A/2C also induce corticosterone, prolactin and ACTH - all of which generally inhibit sex hormone production.

So apparently the OXYTOCIC (Oxytocin) effect matters more than the effects on other anterior pituitary hormones.

Although there are a whole heck of a lot of other NT's that promote oxytocin more readily and consistently than serotonin.

Again,. let us not get to assume here that serotonin modulation in such a way is necessary in terms of finding agonists for 5-HT2C etc.

My overall feeling has and always is going to be the same - and that is that it is better to keep serotonin on the LOWER end of the threshold / bw volume.

Most serotonin receptors are INHIBITORY on libido and sexual functions - this does NOT mean they are all inhibitory by other means.

On the contrary, a large degree of serotonin receptors are actually stimulating (but not sexually).

5-HT1A, 1B , 1D 1F - INHIBITORY.    (Inhibitory on CNS, pupil restriction and negative neuroendocrine profiles) (inhibits many pro-cognitive neurotransmitters such as glut, acetylcholine, histamine and dopamine)

5-HT2A,2B,2C          - Stimulatory    (induce Cortisol, Prolactin, ACTH, Oxytocin by subtype 2c)

5-HT3                         - Stimulatory (induces nausea, and is involved in prolactin release)

5-HT4                         - Stimulatory (increases gut motility and cyclic AMP, thus why lysine is used for gut disorders, also is contractile)

5-HT5A                          - Inhibitory (inhibits cAMP formation and reduces serotonin synthesis)

5-HT6                           - Mixed     (mainly inhibits glutamate / acetylcholine)

5-HT7                         - Stimulatory (most potent cAMP stimulant out of Serotonin family, raises metabolism) ****

**** Theoretically 5-HT 7 is the only serotonin subtype you should keep around - if going on an extreme serotonin blocking mission.

One of the symptoms I've seen in many people with PSSD-SSRI-induced sexual / cognitive issues, is PUPIL CONSTRICTION.

No de-realization ... its actually a condition where you perceive that everything is not real but a dream... basically maybe ahnedonia where I don't feel emotion to reality has disconnected me so that makes it worse..

But in the evening the yellow lights, red light, green lights these kinds of light give me the feeling that I am disconnected from the reality and makes my anxiety go super high.... I am fine in the morning and afternoon its not that bad but in the evening when the street car and traffic light turns out I'm fucked up in anxiety ..... its also like when I see a thing the light starts getting brigther and brigther and brighter and triggers those things, like the pc screen .....these all started happening after adverse reaction to paxil and ejac ......

I don't have gut or diarrhea issues but yes pupils could be smaller .

damn I just want to rebalance everything !!  

Somebody told me my receptors are fried .... and the doctors are not listening .... its been 8 months like this and i have went to the dcotor 10 times all he prescribes me is escitalopram and wellbutrin which doesn't do shit ......

At this point  at this moment I am so desperate for help i AM WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING EVEN POISON IF IT TAKES TO TREAT THIS DE-REALIZATION,DEPRESSION AHNEDONIA AND GET MY SEXUAL FUNCTION BACK!

Edited by forexworld12, 11 September 2014 - 05:50 AM.

#8 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

Thanks

No de-realization ... its actually a condition where you perceive that everything is not real but a dream... basically maybe ahnedonia where I don't feel emotion to reality has disconnected me so that makes it worse..

But in the evening the yellow lights, red light, green lights these kinds of light give me the feeling that I am disconnected from the reality and makes my anxiety go super high.... I am fine in the morning and afternoon its not that bad but in the evening when the street car and traffic light turns out I'm fucked up in anxiety ..... its also like when I see a thing the light starts getting brigther and brigther and brighter and triggers those things, like the pc screen .....these all started happening after adverse reaction to paxil and ejac ......

I don't have gut or diarrhea issues but yes pupils could be smaller .

damn I just want to rebalance everything !!  

Somebody told me my receptors are fried .... and the doctors are not listening .... its been 8 months like this and i have went to the dcotor 10 times all he prescribes me is escitalopram and wellbutrin which doesn't do shit ......

At this point  at this moment I am so desperate for help i AM WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING EVEN POISON IF IT TAKES TO TREAT THIS DE-REALIZATION,DEPRESSION AHNEDONIA AND GET MY SEXUAL FUNCTION BACK!

trazodone, yohimbine twice a day, and shilajit my man!

#9 forexworld12

• Topic Starter
  • 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

Thank you my friend , I really appreciate all your help.. it seems like most people have no idea about this stuff. I'm so glad I found you :) 

I have ordered yohimbine and shilajit gold ......still searching for a doctor that can prescribe me trazodone .. this thing doesn't it work like an ssri ? also i read cases of priapism freaks me out !!

It's kinda weird excessive serotonin can cause all this ....some people recommend Dopamine agonist for this stuff , what do you say about that ?

#10 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

Thank you my friend , I really appreciate all your help.. it seems like most people have no idea about this stuff. I'm so glad I found you :)

I have ordered yohimbine and shilajit gold ......still searching for a doctor that can prescribe me trazodone .. this thing doesn't it work like an ssri ? also i read cases of priapism freaks me out !!

It's kinda weird excessive serotonin can cause all this ....some people recommend Dopamine agonist for this stuff , what do you say about that ?

Dopamine agonists work, but not when serotonin is excessive or all over the place.

Trazodone is an alpha-1-adrenergic blocker - which means it almost entirely blocks the vasoconstrictive effects of adrenaline.

This can be useful for performance anxiety etc and also as a general enhancement tonic.

Would also help build muscle mass to some extent. 

Trazodone is NOT an SSRI - in contrast it antagonizes the contractile serotonin receptors...

That would be 5-HT2A etc

Trazodone may thus lower cortisol and prolactin levels and raise testosterone indirectly.

http://peaktestoster...ysfunction.aspx

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/1657017

http://www.propeciah...opic.php?t=3938

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/7604472

#11 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:02 AM

Trozodone is ok for people with fatigue ?

#12 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

Trozodone is ok for people with fatigue ?

Might make you a little tired, can help you get to sleep at night but you can find a happy balance by starting with a low-effective dose. 

#13 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:40 AM

Yomhibie is restricted here. any substitutes?

#14 forexworld12

• Topic Starter
  • 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:34 AM

Yomhibie is restricted here. any substitutes?

rauwolscine

#15 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

I have like physical anxiety too, with some rapid heartbeat and some palpitation, do trazodone could help with this over-adrenergic stimulation ? 

#16 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:53 PM

I have like physical anxiety too, with some rapid heartbeat and some palpitation, do trazodone could help with this over-adrenergic stimulation ? 

Yes, it's an alpha-1-blocker as well.

#17 TheWorldAroundUs

• 26 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

Try to take a look at L-tyrosine(For Dopamine) or better yet Mucuna Pruriens. Not only does mucuna contain L-dopa(A potent dopamine precursor) that will help with whatever dopamine depletion you are experiencing but it also has been shown to increase testosterone which by itself could bring back sex drive/sexual pleasure. On top of that Mucuna pruriens has been shown to increase sperm quality, so all around it's a herb very well equipped for your situation. I'm not too sure if mucuna pruriens is a permanent fix but it is a precursor, meaning that it will restore dopamine levels until they are used up again, say with another dose of an SSRI. Give it a try maybe combined with some coffee or caffeine and see if it helps.

Keep me/us posted.

Edited by TheWorldAroundUs, 27 January 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#18 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:17 AM

Hi,

You are on the right path with dopamine.

An easy and effective way to resensitize your entire brain receptors (a side effect is improved cognition and wellbeing) is the following:

D2 agonists - upregulateds D1 and a similar mechanism to NMDA antagonism. Also, D2 directly lowers prolactin levels which as a male, you do not really want high levels
NMDA antagonists - will upregulate NMDA receptors after the antagonism wears of. NMDA upregulates D2 and 5-HT 1A which releases oxytocin which upregulates some dopamine receptors.
Kappa opioid agonist - upregulates D2 thus resensitizes you to dopamine
Oxytocin released by limonene from lemon oil via 5-HT1A
Citral is a 5-HT2A agonist, which releases BDNF which boosts D3 receptor. Also 5-HT2A agonism activates D2.
Theanine is an NMDA and AMPA antagonist, once antagonism wears off you get increased BDNF as this is one of AMPA's functions
Agmatine is also of potential benefit to you due to its wide range of pharmacological action. Notably, NMDA antagonism.
PDE-4 inhibition enhances D1
Forskolin increases cAMP which upregulates D2
Clove contains a CB2 agonist which upregulates my opioid receptors (which trigger dopamine release)

The nest dopamine system resensitizing substance is probably blue lotus. I have it most evenings.

Happiness tree (Alibiza Julibrissin) is a 5-HT1A and 2C agonist.
Chaste Berry is a nice D2 agonist as well as mu opioid agonist.
Vitamin E, zinc and magnesium lower prolactin via D2.

Mg, zinc NAC, and garlic are NMDA antagonists.

Iboga provides the ultimate total brain reset. I take a maintenance dose every now and then. It is ceet very effective at resetting and resensitizing your neuronal system, it even gets heroin addicts to stop using heroin (Its illegal in the US though!)

Peppermint oil is a kappa opioid agonist.

Histamine levels also play a role in all of this. Area-1255 breakdown of histamine on his site is excellent!

Natural antagonists: eyebright herb, nettle leaf, pycnogenol, quercetin

Edited by sativa, 16 July 2015 - 09:43 AM.

• Agree x 1

#19 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:22 AM

Double post

Edited by sativa, 16 July 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#20 magniloquentc0unt

• 296 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:38 AM

is there any otc replacement for the trazodone?

#21 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:41 PM

is there any otc replacement for the trazodone?

not really, the closest thing would be yohimbe bark but it doesn't last long or have the same half-life..plus it's difficult to get the same proportions in needed amounts; aka ratio of a1-blocking substances VERSUS a2-blocking substances...for each person it's diifferent - some need more a1 block some need more a2 block...some need neither. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: libido, ssri, drugs, pssd, dopamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users